Ronnie Sox

-
almost looks like an early A or something different....definitely not a 68 dash

64-65 B-Body Plymouth :glasses7:

Could that be an FX? I don't see a vent window?

Why did you see so many cars without caps on the wheels? Were these classified as "hub caps" and therefore supposed to be removed? Not like you saved that much weight, LOL

attachment.php

????

onnieSoxGateCity65PlymouthAWB1-vi.jpg

24.jpg

with

3.jpg

Not sure

29.jpg

Hi Guys I have a couple of questions.
1. Is there any info on the build data for the 4 speeds that they raced?
2. Is it true that they tested the yet to be released 68 Hemi in a 67 Formula S Car?

Could that be an FX? I don't see a vent window?

Why did you see so many cars without caps on the wheels? Were these classified as "hub caps" and therefore supposed to be removed? Not like you saved that much weight, LOL

attachment.php

????

onnieSoxGateCity65PlymouthAWB1-vi.jpg

24.jpg

with

3.jpg

Not sure

29.jpg

It was this car, took the pic almost 2 weeks ago here in MN :glasses7:

Here you go Rani, I thought of you when I took this pic almost 2 weeks ago in MN at the Mopar show :glasses7:

:happy1: :blob:

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 356
  • 013.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 373
  • 015.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 367
  • 686.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 348
Sox & Martin

Testing their new 1968 Road Runner '426 Hemi'

Photo and Report was from October 1967, and was featured in Car Craft
Magazine {December 1967}.

As per 1967 NHRA Classification, the Road Runner would have been classed in SS/B
with the NHRA National Record at 11.36.

But, at the beginning of the 1968 NHRA Racing Campaign {with the new NHRA Super Stock Classes} the Road Runner 426 Hemi would be classed in SS/C.

$T2eC16ZHJHQE9nzEy8GmBQOVUBTd,!~~60_3.JPG

im not sure if Sox and Martin ever had a 68 dart ...all im finding is the Dick Landy 68 dart

shame too...that would have been cool to have a Sox and Martin 68 dart....my favorite car and favorite racer together.:?

i might just have to build my own Sox and Martin 68 dart tribute car myself

Rani, this is probably the best thread I have seen on here in a while! I have been struggling for a couple years trying to decide whether to do my '66 Valiant in the Sox and Martin paint like his '66 Cuda, but without letters. Like so many racers and 4 speed freaks, he is my hero as well. Another hero and close friend of mine, Ed Miller introduced me to Ronnie years ago but Ed is another story...
I say it doesn't matter that they didn't race a '68 Dart, if you paint it most people will "get it" and appreciate it. He didn't race a '66 Valiant either but again I think it is the thought that counts and I remember seeing quite a few street cars with that paint scheme back in the day. Go for it!

Rani, this is probably the best thread I have seen on here in a while! I have been struggling for a couple years trying to decide whether to do my '66 Valiant in the Sox and Martin paint like his '66 Cuda, but without letters. Like so many racers and 4 speed freaks, he is my hero as well. Another hero and close friend of mine, Ed Miller introduced me to Ronnie years ago but Ed is another story...
I say it doesn't matter that they didn't race a '68 Dart, if you paint it most people will "get it" and appreciate it. He didn't race a '66 Valiant either but again I think it is the thought that counts and I remember seeing quite a few street cars with that paint scheme back in the day. Go for it!

i actually had another thread about this very thing and the possibilities are endless........being short on cash unexpectidly is holding me up but this is something i would like to get done ASAP .....now that i know it can be done.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=235258

i actually had another thread about this very thing and the possibilities are endless........being short on cash unexpectidly is holding me up but this is something i would like to get done ASAP .....now that i know it can be done.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=235258

OK just checked out the other thread Rani, and as I suspected most folks are cool with it! I agree with cudavert, that Landy paint job is pretty bad *** as well... Decisions, decisions...

anyone know what years of dusters exactly were used......i see what looks like a 72 with a sharktooth grille ...and what looks like either a 71 or 2 with the standard grilles and then also what looks like a 73. and also the back end of a 72

Attachments

• SoxDuster.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 334
  • sox_amp_martinduster.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 429
  • RonnieSox1972.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 321
  • mopp_1010_11_o+sox_and_martin+plymouth_duster.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 343
  • McCandlessDuster.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 356
  • l.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 426
  • duster2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 2890242146_860fbbce25.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 419
  • 0018_10.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 311
this is only pic i found of a 70 maybe 71

Attachments

• 3433755904_a304fb9ce2_z.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 300
A couple of years ago I bought this Magazine due to some articles. I was reallt surprised when I opened up the mid section and saw this poster of Richard Petty and Ronnie Sox in their cars back in 65. And not to miss their autographs too!!!

:burnout:

Attachments

• DSC_0297.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 296
A couple of years ago I bought this Magazine due to some articles. I was reallt surprised when I opened up the mid section and saw this poster of Richard Petty and Ronnie Sox in their cars back in 65. And not to miss their autographs too!!!

:burnout:

Now that is cool Ulf!!!!

-
Back