"Rookie-Touring" '69 Dart

-
Man you have a lot of time on your hands. If you're bored, you can drive to Michigan and make yourself busy. Plenty of stuff to do there in Michigan...

That's awesome your son plays hockey in Germany. How long has he been there? How's his German? Mine sucks! To my credit, between full-time school, two jobs, a wife, training for triathlons, and trying to research building a car, I don't have much time for learning German.

His German sucks but his wrist shot is really good!

My pleasure Michael. I'm a bit larger than 6'2", more like just shy of 6'6", so all the leg room I can get is vital. That is actually part of the reason I designed the back brace I did out of 1x2 for my chassis. 2x4 would have been stronger and I would not have to reinforce down the tunnel via a mess of tubes, but I would also lose precious space for exhaust and headroom. Exhaust would have to run under the floor and the floor would then be about level with the top of the inner rocker, no good. I have recessed my floor and gained about 1"-2" of headroom from a stock Dart floor. I'm also going to be reworking the mounts on the Viper buckets to try and gain a few extra 1/16th's. I'm hoping to be able to tilt the radiator back as well, give it kind of a Corvette C6R feel. I'm not 100% sure the AEM unit is the UEGO but it could be. I've been talking with the guys of Roe Racing and Woodhouse Performance about electronics, and they haven't mentioned the UEGO, but that could be it.

you might consider tilting the radiator FORWARD at the top. It will promote better airflow through it. Specifically if you do an air inlet from the spoiler.

you might consider tilting the radiator FORWARD at the top. It will promote better airflow through it. Specifically if you do an air inlet from the spoiler.

That's a good idea! I could pull the bottom of the rad toward the motor and hopefully have enough room to pass the air intake over the top of the radiator. I need to get some cardboard and build a mock-up rad and see what I can do.

More parts for me! It's killing me not to be able to do anything with these!

Woodward Steering Rack & Pinion and Tie Rod adjusting sleeves front and rear...
file-79.jpg

Joe's Racing Bearing Mount Upper Control Arms that will be used in both the front and rear...
file-78.jpg

RideTech Compressor and Valve Block...
file-80.jpg

RideTech 3 Gallon Tank... (and uber fat guard cat)
file-81.jpg

I've also designed a bracket that will clamp around the air tank that will hold both the compressor and the valve block. All of it will be mounted under the car between the frame rails. Will work out AWESOME, and save some space in the trunk.
airtankmount.jpg

absolutely insane. I love it all I wish just as much as you do that you could work on it right now!

The hood for my project is coming along nicely! I can't wait to see this thing finished. The next step is to have a mold pulled from it so it can be recast into one seamless piece, rather than the many pieces it has taken to get here. Should be done just in time for my return to the States and my mega-thrash.

file-84.jpg

file-83.jpg

file-85.jpg

Thanks Rich. I'm pretty pumped about it, but really want to get back and start putting these other parts into my build.

I ordered a new set of rear frame rails from AME for a cleaner install and picked up some Aluminum QA1 rod ends to finish off the steering system. It's all coming together, I just wish it was getting put together...

just when I thought I'd seen it all...along comes Will...

Thanks Rich. I'm pretty pumped about it, but really want to get back and start putting these other parts into my build.

I ordered a new set of rear frame rails from AME for a cleaner install and picked up some Aluminum QA1 rod ends to finish off the steering system. It's all coming together, I just wish it was getting put together...
That's a pretty clever idea on the frame rails. Should make mounting the IRS somewhat easier. Man, I can't wait for you to get home. Whenever you do something on this car, it puts ideas in my head

I went back and read this thread for the third time, saw the picture with no firewall and now understand why you still have time and wiggle room with engine placement. I never gave much thought to the width of the V10 being less than the Hemi...... That's a good thing..... :thumblef:

I should hope it is, the V10 is based on the 5.9 Magnum with 2 more cylinders.

Will,
How many days till you return to the States and start adding all the new cool parts ??????????

-
Back