"Rookie-Touring" '69 Dart

-
Far too many Ross. I arrive on December 15 and come December 16 I will be up early running around and up late working hard. I am reworking the rear frame rails and just received a shipment from Art Morrison. After seeing pics of these, I'm seriously considering reworking the front so I can have nice bent rails there too. We'll see, a lot of other things to buy before I get back though including:

-stainless headers flanges and merge collectors
-an assortment of ball joints from Howe to finish everything off
-my hood when it's ready
-new TIG machine (need to figure out how to run it...)
-few other Woodward parts to finish off my steering shaft
-die for the tube bender
-few other miscellaneous things that I won't bore people with

You're build is looking good. That new vent is nice, I'm going to eliminate mine to smooth things up a bit, I'm not using the fresh air vents anyway... Looking forward to seeing yours with some color.

file-92.jpg

Looking good will, bet you can't wait to get back at it..

maybe ..if you ask him....HemiMark will loan you his fender stretcher....I don't think he is using it

Definitely WAY more excited than last year. Really want to get back to town, and go to town. I am so jonesing to see this thing on the ground. A lot to do to make it happen but I think I can get there.

Don't think I have much need for the stretcher Denny, but thanks for thinking of me. Everything is tucked right where it needs to be to make it all perfect(ish).

I don't know what's worse though, having a georgious ride all painted and beautiful with no place to go, or a stack of awesome parts to put on... I think I win that one Tin, your situation is worse to me.

I'm working on it Rich, I'm working on it. You know, if you're not doing anything there's a pile of parts about 4/5 hours from you just waiting for someone to do something with them... Just saying.

Can't believe I never subscribed to your build... now I am... Can't wait to see what you get done this december..

Looking forward to seeing more updates of your car! Once its finished when do you plan to drive it? You come back to the states for a month every winter and I'm assuming thats to Grand Rapids Michigan, which most years is covered by snow then. Or is your overseas job not expected to last a long time. Just curious

Thanks Demon.

@Rod, I am hoping to move back next year, end of Summer beginning of Fall. Will likely move south at the same time. Won't be here forever that's for sure.

I wish paintshop101 was in my budget to do the paint. All along I've planned to paint it myself, actually doing everything myself. Over the last year however, I've come to the realization that if I want to enjoy this thing before I retire, I may have to outsource some work that I don't know how to do yet, e.g. bodywork, interior, paint. I've spoken with a couple guys already about doing the body and tin work next year, including one of our own from FABO. I have a one or two recommendations that I'll talk with in Michigan when I'm back but no decision has been made whether or not this will actually happen. I would love it so I can get to work on other things at the end of 2012 like wiring, etc. Despite the parts I'm using, budget is an issue. We'll see what happens, unfortunately though, PaintShop101 is not on my short list due to budget constraints. They do incredible work though and if I had the free cash flow I would happily send it down to them.

thats a wicked build you got goin. if you were in canada and paid for the materials i would do the body work and paint for free. if you let me borrow the car every once in a while :burnout: hehe

its so very tempting. i think i would feel guilty leaving melted tire particles all over the new paint. then again maybe not :D

Recently pulled the trigger on some new uber coolness for my hot rod's electrical system, MiMod HP, a perfect complement for my ISIS. Includes twin 7" LCD displays for the dash that will be my gauges. We are designing those now and the initial images are pretty cool. Also includes a tablet PC that will be mounted in the center of the dash and will handle all the switching and electronics on the car. That means no buttons, knobs, switches, sliders, or anything else on the dash, just LCD gauges and a touch screen. In addition, the tablet will also handle air suspension operation, OBDII integration, WiFi, HD/AM/FM Radio, MP-3, CD/DVD, Back-up Camera, GPS, TPMS monitoring, Handsfree/Bluetooth phone capability, Vintage Air operation, and almost anything else I desire at a later date. Oh so fun. Should have all the different screens designed within the next week and have it in house when I'm back in a couple weeks. I REALLY hope it works out to have someone do the bodywork for me while I'm gone next year so I can start on all this wiring coolness...

I'm back in about a week and a half and have oodles and oodles of boxes of parts to sift through. So much junk my photo-journalist can't keep up, then there is, of course, the super haus V10... First I have to get through a couple exams and a bunch of writing on my thesis so I don't have to think about IT while I'm working on the car, but it is real hard staying focused right now. Almost all the parts are in house or in route with a few more to order yet. Gonna be fun times in the shop.

10 days..........................................................

Can't wait to see this years updates.... I pulled the trigger on cool parts for my Demon V10 build too.. Some monster 335/30ZR18 tires (so I can measure for my rims), Wilwood front brakes, Alterkation street set up, AMD 1/4's... Hoping to have all installed and paid for by May so I can buy the big boy V10 in June... Have a safe trip back to the States!

Recently pulled the trigger on some new uber coolness for my hot rod's electrical system, MiMod HP, a perfect complement for my ISIS. Includes twin 7" LCD displays for the dash that will be my gauges. We are designing those now and the initial images are pretty cool. Also includes a tablet PC that will be mounted in the center of the dash and will handle all the switching and electronics on the car. That means no buttons, knobs, switches, sliders, or anything else on the dash, just LCD gauges and a touch screen. In addition, the tablet will also handle air suspension operation, OBDII integration, WiFi, HD/AM/FM Radio, MP-3, CD/DVD, Back-up Camera, GPS, TPMS monitoring, Handsfree/Bluetooth phone capability, Vintage Air operation, and almost anything else I desire at a later date. Oh so fun. Should have all the different screens designed within the next week and have it in house when I'm back in a couple weeks. I REALLY hope it works out to have someone do the bodywork for me while I'm gone next year so I can start on all this wiring coolness...

I'm back in about a week and a half and have oodles and oodles of boxes of parts to sift through. So much junk my photo-journalist can't keep up, then there is, of course, the super haus V10... First I have to get through a couple exams and a bunch of writing on my thesis so I don't have to think about IT while I'm working on the car, but it is real hard staying focused right now. Almost all the parts are in house or in route with a few more to order yet. Gonna be fun times in the shop.

10 days..........................................................

Hey Will, just ship it east, Eric and I will finish all the tin work, and paint it for you so it will be ready when you come home next Christmas......

Ahh i am soo happy you'll be offering a duster hood! Can't wait to check our your finished product!!!:)

Don't be too excited yet. A mold hasn't been taken off mine and considering the cost of having a mold produced, they "may" rethink doing these for other models. Having a mold taken of the hood seems to be way more costly than expected. I can't speak for them, they obviously have to make the business decision to do it or not, but from what Steve shared with me, if it were my choice & business, I wouldn't do it because the Mopar guys are not going to pay the price in order for me to recoup my investment and make money. Just my .02. The work Steve and his crew do is impeccable from what I can see and it is worth it in the end. But from a business standpoint, not worth it.

-
Back