"Rookie-Touring" '69 Dart

-
Yeah but that sure is a LOVELY SITE TO SEE!!! love it all (Now get busy LOL) that sure is a pretty pic and an expensive one lol

Woohoo, 2011 progress! I'm in Windsor, ON. You feel up for a visitor to check things out? Maybe an extra set of hands? I'm working midnights this week but I'm hoping to meet up with HemiDenny to deliver an HVAC set-up.

Keep up the great work, I need more idea's to steal.

Riddler

Are you home yet?? I think I speak for all of us here at FABO and can't wait for the Pics to start flowing.

Got in last night. Spent the better part of today running around picking up some steel and cleaning the garage out. Hoping to pick up the new engine tomorrow and get super crazy Monday. Pics to come...

Got in last night. Spent the better part of today running around picking up some steel and cleaning the garage out. Hoping to pick up the new engine tomorrow and get super crazy Monday. Pics to come...

let me be the first on FABO to offfically say "Welcome home"

welcome home Will! hope you take some time to spend with family and friends during the holiday's. NOW GET TO WORK

Here's a few for you tin.

I had my first full day of working on junk. Disassemble, cut, grind, weld... Doesn't look like much got done but it really was quite a bit.

Out with the old...
file-97.jpg

file-98.jpg

Prepping the new. Will have this in today and hopefully have the front out as well.
file-99.jpg

Prepping the front...
file-100.jpg

My new big block, in house...
file-101.jpg

Just read through this build for the first time, this is gonna be a SICK car. Can't wait to see it all come together at the end.

aren't ya glad you only tacked that "old" frame together?......

If only Denny...

Not much to show visually today. Resetting the rear suspension and finishing up the rear rails. Suspension takes freaking forever! Hopefully the rear rails will be finished tomorrow and I can start in on brackets for the rear suspension. I sold the Hemi so I need to get that ripped out tomorrow and put it on the V10 pallet. Have a Dr. apptmt. in the middle of the day which throws my entire schedule off. Stupid life getting in the way...

Tell me about it Rich.

More work finished yesterday, after an interruption by a planned doctor appointment. I sold the Hemi so I pulled it and began crating it up. Then it was on to finishing up the rear frame rails. What a long process that was; fit, grind, fit, grind, fit, grind, fit, grid, etc. Once I like the fit I braced the crap out of everything and welded the front of the rails solid. Then moved on to the rear, same process, cut, fit, grind, fit, grind, fit, grind... Still have a bit more grinding to do to get the fit so I'm 100% satisfied with it but that will be finished this morning after I finish crating the engine. Then weld them solid and move to the front. Here is a pic of the rear rails after I welded the front half and began fitting the rear half.

file-103.jpg

file-102.jpg

more to come today...

Thanks guys.

Rear rails are finished; less some grinding on a few welds (I'm still not the best welder, but I'm getting better). REAL happy with how these came out too!
file-104.jpg

file-106.jpg

Got the front cut off and hope to have the new ones welded on today.
file-105.jpg

file-100.jpg

Also got the Hemi crated up and on it's way to PA.
file-2.jpg

Here's where I'm at as of the close of working time today, about 4:00 pm.

Front frame rails in and so stoked how they came out. Real glad I decided to redo them, costly, but glad I did it.
file-110.jpg

file-112.jpg

Just a few bolts short of dropping this in so I can measure up the new back-brace and start bending tube. I will have it in tomorrow.
file-113.jpg

The fun continues...

At Christmas yes, but I work holidays...

I have a custom oil pan in my near future. Will be moving the engine around 12 inches back from this position. Right now the oil pan is not clearing the front cross member. May even have to notch it but I can get about 3-3.5" with the pan alone. That should be enough to get where I need to be.
file-114.jpg

Also started on the 1/2 trans loop, lighting sucks.
file-115.jpg

-
Back