Sacramento County ban on home “major auto repair”

-
Literally complaining about auto repairs to a community that does car repairs.

You should consider the irony.

He's jacked about the whole situation I suspect. This just happens to be a part of something that can be controlled. But yes, there is irony to it. However he can do something about it honestly. If I read correctly he is renting so the lease can be broke no problem and move on.

If I were renting my address would definitely not be where I currently feed my dog lol.... No way, no how!!!

JW

Then your a very fortunate guy, living where you do, in paying whatever to have to register cars, or insuring them.
But, not in my part of the word.
You in the city? Rural? Semi Rural? Farm? where you can do things?

I am in town but it doesn't really matter as there is always someone that claims to be in the land of the free and home of the brave that wants to perpetuate their "communist" ordinance based mind set upon others. This "mind set" opposes the very basis for our entire government...THE CONSTITUTION! It guarantees me the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...as well as the right to privacy. Any ordinance that conflicts with these basic premises shouldn't be worth the paper it's written on. MOPARS MAKE ME HAPPY and if I choose to work overtime and buy and sell them and trade parts etc to get 8 of them then that is my life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Let's see....everyone else has to meet your standard?
My Standards?
There are rules and regulations, codes, laws, that are written, not for only me, but others need to obey, by living in the city.
I'm not in any violation, doing anything inappropriate.

Last edited:
He's jacked about the whole situation I suspect. This just happens to be a part of something that can be controlled. But yes, there is irony to it. However he can do something about it honestly. If I read correctly he is renting so the lease can be broke no problem and move on.

If I were renting my address would definitely not be where I currently feed my dog lol.... No way, no how!!!

JW
Why should i move on?
I'm not the one doing anything wrong, in the first place.
Been here for 8 years without any problems, and lets say during the past year, when things started to go south, with next door neighbors.
THEY are the ones that started all this **** that's been going on, not me.
Next door neighbors are the ones that need to move on, not me.

Why should i move on?
Been here for 8 years without any problems, and lets say during the past year, when things started to go south, with next door neighbors.

All this talk of trying to squash our rights has gotten me a bit worked up! LOL... I think it's time for a good POSI burnout in a 1967 Coronet R/T 440 4 gear...or maybe a little commando 273 4 gear Barracuda. I don't care where all of us live... hey guys...go do a good burnout and then crack a cold one!

I am in town but it doesn't really matter as there is always someone that claims to be in the land of the free and home of the brave that wants to perpetuate their "communist" ordinance based mind set upon others. This "mind set" opposes the very basis for our entire government...THE CONSTITUTION! It guarantees me the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...as well as the right to privacy. Any ordinance that conflicts with these basic premises shouldn't be worth the paper it's written on. MOPARS MAKE ME HAPPY and if I choose to work overtime and buy and sell them and trade parts etc to get 8 of them then that is my life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.
Haven't got any problems at all with your pursuit of happiness where you reside.
More power to you.
Your job, family, friends, keeps you where your at.
Happy for you.
Communist mind set.
Now what the F has that to do with code enforcement, that this topic has started out from, on page one.
You have laws to abide by, i have laws to abide by, like them or not, we are all in the same life boat together.

Haven't got any problems at all with your pursuit of happiness where you reside.
More power to you.
Your job, family, friends, keeps you where your at.
Happy for you.
Communist mind set.
Now what the F has that to do with code enforcement, that this topic has started out from, on page one.
You have laws to abide by, i have laws to abide by, like them or not, we are all in the same life boat together.

Ordinances and codes are not laws and we are bound as individuals to challenge them and often times even laws. I never meant to imply you were a communist and that wasn't directed at you but rather the frivolous codes, ordinances and laws that were not passed by popular (majority) vote. That is why it is a government "of the people, by the people and for the people." How many ordinances, codes or laws as a tax payer, resident and voter have you actually been allowed to vote on? So no offense only you would know whether you support these frivolous codes, ordinances and laws or not. think about it.im headed out for the closest mopar that the city hasn't tried to force me to get rid of lately and take a liitle cruise...have a great day

Why should i move on?

I just want to make sure I understand this.

You store, and work on, your car at home?

All this talk of trying to squash our rights has gotten me a bit worked up! LOL... I think it's time for a good POSI burnout in a 1967 Coronet R/T 440 4 gear...or maybe a little commando 273 4 gear Barracuda. I don't care where all of us live... hey guys...go do a good burnout and then crack a cold one!

Man if you feel the need get on out there and have a ball.... Hell you got 8 cars to pick from. Pull a name out the hat.....

JW

Why should i move on?

Nope, your not. And yes, you are right. That's a personal decision. And next thing you know the next neighbor could be some crazy multi car owner doing POSI burnouts. Based on how I see life I am gone but that's just me. And sadly the code ordinance laws are tricky at best.

You have 2 choices. Stay and deal with it or go in a different direction. People not in your situation don't understand. Somehow it gets worked out. As they say, fences make the best neighbors....

JW

And ordinances are laws.

They are a dance. Trust me I know..... It just takes someone to aggravate the right person in the upper crust to make something happen. I could write a book on this topic.

I am actually involved giving input in my county now on an ordinance from a citizens standpoint and IMO it's dealing with 1A so I see it helping communities and quality of life and I see it turning into a circus act in court....

JW

Google Maps

Ok, let me show you what my "hood," neck of the woods looks like.
And across the street from me there are three churches.
The Methodist's, Jehovah's, and the Greek's, that i am across the street from.
Let me say again, a nice neighborhood, and how would you like to see torn apart Toyota's, trucks, cars, piles of crap, when going to church services.

And another thing, i don't get into divulging medical, health issues, on these alphabet soup, car forums.
Old age has not been kind to me in the medical department.
I haven't, shouldn't, of been working on cars, due to lots of medical issues that i have been diagnosed with.
So, even simple things like oil changes, gives me problems, with my "issues" so i pay(ed) to have things done.
Without getting into it, even bending down, and trying to get back up again, is a hardship.
Don't get old, with a worn out body.

Google Maps

Ok, let me show you what my "hood," neck of the woods looks like.
And across the street from me there are three churches.
The Methodist's, Jehovah's, and the Greek's, that i am across the street from.
Let me say again, a nice neighborhood, and how would you like to see torn apart Toyota's, trucks, cars, piles of crap, when going to church services.

And another thing, i don't get into divulging medical, health issues, on these alphabet soup, car forums.
Old age has not been kind to me in the medical department.
I haven't, shouldn't, of been working on cars, due to lots of medical issues that i have been diagnosed with.
So, even simple things like oil changes, gives me problems, with my "issues" so i pay(ed) to have things done.
Without getting into it, even bending down, and trying to get back up again, is a hardship.
Don't get old, with a worn out body.

Let it go unless your bored.... The herd here is basically not on the same page as you. But one day they just might. We are all one shitty neighbor away from degrading a quality of life at home....

JW

Let it go unless your bored.... The herd here is basically not on the same page as you. But one day they just might. We are all one shitty neighbor away from degrading a quality of life at home....

JW
I just might, when i don't have to make a reply to some others comment.

Why should i move on?
Consider this brother,

You moved in, righteousnessly first, sure you SHOULD have priority or a say in the community, etc. wonderful idealism

Life isn’t fair, things are not going to get better next to a rental property -but that doesn’t matter.

Let’s say you accept what I say in this particular post,

What can you do to improve YOUR happiness?

1. Move? -not fair, expensive, but problem could be resolved or traded for new problems.

2. Figure out some sort of zen meditation where the neighbors don’t bother you like Nelson Mandela mentally took down his prison walls and conquered his domain/universe.

3. Fight the man, or continuous army of never ending renters, consumed with rage, anger, unhappiness until jail, prison, conflict, spy vs. spy police calls-with neighbors eventually fighting back against your property, self, or family. Maybe burn the apartment down, blame it on gas cans left in their yard-whatever evil mastermind plan you come up with-and live with.

4. Attempt to make peace with your neighbors, every time they move in.

5. Let it eat at you, an unhealthy poison burning your heart and soul for your life time.

What seems most plausible for you?

I am now interested, and would love to know what you decide if you can share it!

Last edited:
Very nice you deleted my post because I spoke the truth.
What ever happen to the constitutional right to free speech.
This will be my last post on non technical threads.

Edit: One more post on this thread. I must go fishing for a bottom feeder.
Edit: Nailed him in one cast, signing off

Last edited:

JW
I actually have a neighbor with junk cars, trash all over their yard, have started a fire that spread into my yard, shoots huns on New Years, Christmas, and July 4, 5 May. +++ loud music all night. Their dogs wondering into my yard-no lie, no ****

#1 I ain't going anywhere.
I have a very good land lord, owner of this property.
Only raised the rent 50 bucks in all the years that i have been here.
And the rents have gone up a LOT here in my hood, and i know i am paying under rate, what other owners are charging.
My property owner is happy with me, and I'm happy with her.
#2 The people that moved in, never told the owner of that property that he, (they) were going to do all kinds of repairs on vehicles, of their own, friends, family, co workers.
When he found out he wasn't a happy camper.
And he doesn't want to get involved anymore with city code enforcement.
As far as I'm concerned by being the neighbor, if they wanted to work on cars, they could have rented in the poor side of Sacramento, where the demographics are a whole lot different.
#3 Things have "quieted" down, so to speak, next door, since all this has blown up.
Haven't seen any more repairs going on, and the in and out, like Motel 6, has stopped, and now 2, maybe 3 cars being driven by those tenants.
#4 And only one has ever spoke to me, no comprende English, but you know they do, if you get my meaning.
Keep my fingers crossed, that it's now working out.

Very nice you deleted my post because I spoke the truth.
What ever happen to the constitutional right to free speech.
This will be my last post on non technical threads.
I'm sure i read your post, but don' remember what it was all about.
Guess you must have written something derogatory for a moderator to have seen it, and taken it down.
Then maybe it's best for you to not comment in the section, and keep your fingers off the keyboard, and stay away, as you say you are.

I actually have a neighbor with junk cars, trash all over their yard, have started a fire that spread into my yard, shoots huns on New Years, Christmas, and July 4, 5 May. +++ loud music all night. Their dogs wondering into my yard-no lie, no ****
Are you doing anything about it?
My turn to ask a question of you.

Are you doing anything about it?
My turn to ask a question of you.
#2. It doesn’t bother me. Confidence in my ability to respond, not stressing when we are not home. If I lose the house, cars, I have family to fall back on.

I have fire extinguishers, hose, masks, well & pump; family trained fire drills. I worked as the first response fire fighter (collateral duty, aside from icbm’s)

Gun shots, my daughter knows to run inside.
Times have changed for most people.
Learning to get along is a necessary skill.

Now just imagine your neighbor is your neighbor for 3 years, works in extreme close proximity with you, maybe even out ranks you and some have even hated me for standing up to their bully antics in order to protect my men-you are a service member, did you not have close quarters or bullies in the Air Force? Bad leaders? There is no where to hide for three to six months on a submarine. No sanctuary. Still work closely in offcrew.

#2 is some zen, Christian, buda next level ****

And it’s not like I am some master either

I have whined and bitched as much as the next mother trucker.
I fail and suffer too.

GOD forbid some struggling human being gets into a car wreck and tries to fix THEIR car on THEIR property for safety and to continue to contribute to society.

Get bent and pack sand.

Take YOUR wealth instead of whining and help. Don’t want to contribute to a solution? Don’t want to be supportive?
Then keep your trap shut unless selling your near by home.

A reasonable amount of time should be granted.

Every asset hole that whines about someone else fixing their car is a POS snob that should have bought in a gated community.

Should a growing mess be allowed? Hell no!

But one modern car getting repaired by the owner?

Not everyone has money to shell out on $25-50,000 vehicles every few years.

I blew my paycheck on the best house I could afford. I moved into a neighborhood of classic cars, trucks, boats, RV’s, etc.

If I want to drive an old car that needs maintenance, on my property or it gets wrecked & I fix it on my property, THEN THAT IS MY BUSINESS-with concessions for people selling their home and a reasonable amount of time to fix their car.
amen brother , my thoughts exactly

-
Back