Sad news

-

Mopower71

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Louis George Vignogna
05/12/1946 - 10/07/2009
Obituary
Louis George Vignongna, 63, a resident of Dutchess County since 1972, formerly of Mahopac, died at Vassar Brothers Medical Center in Poughkeepsie on Wednesday, October 7, 2009.
Since 1979, he had owned and operated Fishkill Plains Garage in Wappingers Falls. Louis had a passion for drag racing and was a proud member of the NHRA.
Born in the Bronx on May 12, 1946, Louis was son of the late George Vignogna and Carmella DeFillippis Vignogna who survives in Mahopac. On March 17, 1965, he married Christine R. Trainor. Mrs. Vignogna predeceased him on December 24, 2004.
In addition to his mother, Louis is also survived by his daughter, Laura Carmella Faoro & her husband Tony of Walkersville, MD; his son, James Vignogna & his wife Angela of Hopewell Junction; his grandchildren, Jeremy, Effie, & Phoebe Faoro of Walkersville, MD and Ryan & Nicholas Vignogna of Hopewell Junction; his brothers, Raymond Vignogna & his wife Lorraine of Stormville, Jerry Vignogna of Carmel, and George Vignogna & his wife Barbara of North Salem; his sister, Donna Palmiero & her husband Michael of Holmes; also many nieces and nephews.
Calling hours are from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. on Friday, October 9th at McHoul Funeral Home, Inc., 895 Route 82, Hopewell Junction. The funeral service will begin at 12 p.m. on Saturday at the funeral home.For Directions Click this: http://www.mchoulfuneralhome.com/directions.htm

I met Lou back in the early 80's, and always remember his super stock cars being in the garage.

Vignogna03.jpg

Vignogna05.jpg

Vignogna044.jpg

I didn't know him but it is sad to see a good ole Super Stock racer pass on. Glad to hear they dedicated the nostalgia drags to him. That's cool!

Man I'd love to have a SS car like his.

I didn't know him but it is sad to see a good ole Super Stock racer pass on. Glad to hear they dedicated the nostalgia drags to him. That's cool!

I agree with what fishy68 said.

John

I bet Bill Dedman our member here new him and could have did a write up on him in the past.
Rest in peace our NHRA MoPar Brother.
Thank you for passing this along Mopower71..

Sad to hear,my condolences.That was good racing then and those ss cars were a lot of fun to watch.

-
Back