Saying goodbye to a great friend!!

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
:cheers:Howdy all, cosgig here! It is with a Very heavy heart that I am posting this thread, but I feel that I need a little support from my friends here!! I had to say goodbye today to one of the best friends a person could have, my main man Sammy Lee Uphaus!! Sam was tragically killed last Saturday while doing what he loved best...riding his motorcycle! I won't go into details about that, but would just like to share a little bit about him!!

Sam was a major influence on so many people's lives, and especially mine! He taught me many things about cars, bikes, life, and how to be a man, and to always be a man of my word!

When I was building him a shop, I saw a little old 66 Barracuda left behind by the previous owner of the property! He had been trying to buy that car for years, but the old guy wouldn't sell! He told me good luck, but don't hold your breath when I told him I wanted to buy it! 10 minutes and $400 dollars later, it was mine! Sam was so glad that he informed me that it would be our first project in his new shop!! 22 years later, our work together has been proudly displayed at car shows, cruise ins, and yes, that's the little 66 in my avatar!!

Always willing and ready to talk cars, bikes, life or whatever, we had a lot of conversations about all of that! He loved my GTX so much that for 2 summers I dropped it off at his house for him to enjoy, and enjoy it he did!! He was a career man at the Chrysler Proving Grounds, where the car was put on display out in the front pen, where all passers by could see it! Alway returned a little better was his way, and always with a suggestion of what "we" should do to it next!!

Not often do you encounter the kinds of friends that Sam was to so many people, and he is going to be missed by everybody who knew him! Don't know how I'm going to do without him, but ill have to draw on the many things he shared with me, and ill have to do my best to make him proud!! Thanks for everything old buddy, gonna miss you something awful!!

Geof

Attachments

• image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 305
May Sammy RIP. Sorry for your loss. Take heart in the fact that he died doing what he loved. What better way to go?

RIP Sam. Thanks for telling his story Cosgig. You are so blessed to have him as a friend. tmm

Sorry for your loss. Sam sounds like a great friend and mentor. RIP Sam.

Sounds like a helluva great friend! Sorry for your loss but also very happy for your gain, finding a friend like that to share so many great times with. That is the best thing we can all hope for!

Awe man that brought a tear on!Sorry fer yer loss, i too lost 2 real close gear heads in
the last few years, Hang tough man i know what yer going through.

So sorry to hear Geof!! Sounds like he was a great friend and a great man!! Prayers sent for you and his family!

We are very sorry to hear of this loss Geof of your great friend Sammy. What a great story
for a friend that taught you so much about life. May he RIP always, and always remember the good times! Prayers out to you, and your good ole buddy. I know you'll miss him forever! Dodge33 :prayer::prayer:

Cool picture of him, he looks like a guy everybody could get along with! Sorry to hear this, may he rest in peace.

Sincere condolences. Maybe we can resolve to honor a memory of a guy like that by trying to be a little more like that kind of mentor and friend ourselves. RIP, Sam.

Sincere condolences. Maybe we can resolve to honor a memory of a guy like that by trying to be a little more like that kind of mentor and friend ourselves. RIP, Sam.

I'm going to do my best to do just that!! Thanks to everyone for the kind words, it means the world to me!! Geof

Condolences to you and everyone affected by this terrible loss Geof. You can see the genuine warmth in Sammy's face and smile

Sorry to hear about your lost. Sounds like you both were blessed to have each other.

It isn't many who can actually have such an effect on our lives. But it is so important that we recognize the part they played without looking for recognition. R.I.P Sam.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your True friend. Just be thankful for and cherish all the great memories that you made together. We never know what tomorrow holds for us but at least he died enjoying himself. I am sure he thought just as much of you. Prayers going out for you and families affected by his death, Joe

Geof,

A heavy heart you must have! Draw from your beautiful family you have around you. Than know we here on FABO are your second family. You must know that already since you started this thread explaining to all of us what this great friend meant to your life and how his friendship changed yours!

May he RIP and his memory live on in your heart forever in all the memories you guys shared together!!

Kim

Condolences to everyone that knew the man! Sounds like a wonderful guy that was fun to be around. Just keep the fond memories close to heart. RIP Sam...

-
Back