[SOLD] SBC Mopar Single Plane Intake Manifold (P4452893)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson340

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
SBC Mopar Single Plane Intake Manifold
Stamped Part # P4452893 (with a small BB stamp on it as well)

I'm having trouble finding exact specs on this manifold with it's unique part number. Another thread thought it was was for W2 heads.

It is direct off my 73' Plymouth Duster 340 small block. Worked great. Decided to switch over to a different set up and a dual plane Eddy.

Price: $170.00 shipped anywhere in the Continental U.S. via FedEx from Spokane, WA
Sold as pictured.

(The BLACK spot in the water hose area is just a water droplet I missed when drying after hand washing it.)

20190902_174026.jpg

20190902_174004.jpg

20190902_174010.jpg

20190902_174035.jpg

20190902_174111.jpg

20190902_174121.jpg

@Wilson340

The intake manifold you have for sale is indeed as you say. That MP single plane intake manifold is for stock heads or the normally seen high performance heads like Edelbrock, Brodix or Trick Flow heads.

I have seen this intake improperly listed as up to 6500/6600 rpm. This manifold is a copied and upgraded Holley Strip Dominator with a 3000 - 7000 rpm operating band.

Further performance can be found by porting and carb pad reworking. This is a very capable intake as is or reworked.

Nice price on the intake.

@rumblefish360

I have a quick question. How do I tell if this intake is a W5 or W2? ie. what does W5 and W2 actually mean? I saw your other forum post about this intake specifically but had trouble understanding exactly what the result was. Basically I have a lot of in inquiries about the intake but I'm an amateur in this department. Any help would be appreciated

@rumblefish360

I have a quick question. How do I tell if this intake is a W5 or W2? ie. what does W5 and W2 actually mean? I saw your other forum post about this intake specifically but had trouble understanding exactly what the result was. Basically I have a lot of in inquiries about the intake but I'm an amateur in this department. Any help would be appreciated

The ports say it can't be a W2 or W5. It's for passenger car heads

The ports say it can't be a W2 or W5. It's for passenger car heads
Thank you YR.
50% true, here’s why....

The W2 head and intake are cast with oval ports.
The W5 has rectangle ports like a standard head.
You can use standard stuff but....

Both heads and intakes have wider bolt hole attachment points on the inside. The outer end bolt holes are in a stock location. There cast/drilled wider for the head (and by that, also the intake has to be wider) because the pushrod is moved over some. This gets rid of the pushrod pinch, the area looking into the heads intake port where the pushrod on stock heads protrudes into the runner. This hampering flow.

I had a fellow member sell me what he thought was a standard head intake. And just casually looking at it, I did t know until I went to bolt it up. (Big buzzer sound here!) Wrong answer! Not happening. LOL

In order to use a W5 intake on a standard head, the attaching hardware holes have to be moved over. The best way to go weld them shut and re drill.

The W2 also has the same issue BUT the oval port, as cast, mid align badly. Major work has to be done for a retro fit. Not worth it.

I had in the last posted pictures of the standardintake next to a W5. I marked the off set hole distance with a black sharpie. It is just a little bit off. But a huge amount of you try and bolt it on.

You could use a standard intake bolt pattern on a W5 by re drilling the intake.
It is major, not worth the effort for a W2 Scenario, building a standard intake to a W-2 head. Very hard. It is possible, but it requires a ton of work. In my honest opinion, skip it.

Below is a side by side comparison of the (left) W5 & (the right) Edelbrock head. Notice the bolt hole distance from the port.

1DC9DFE7-0635-4378-8312-87B1AA2255D3.jpeg

A close up of the W5 head
9DB67180-749E-468B-A655-D7DB5F0E2F1A.jpeg

A W2 intake showing very well the oval port
54F32B14-688A-4B50-BA7B-DB13F8DAD4F8.jpeg

A W5 top end, this is a large port 4150 intake. Notice where the bolt holes are. There far away from the runner which make attaching the intake easier. It also allows room for a maximum effort porting as well as additional help like NO2.

0A2B8D76-8829-472D-A993-7BDA4AB98BDD.jpeg

Below is a standard port intake showing how close the bolt hole is. On some of these intakes, you need a shorter attaching bolt because the runner gets in the way.
A70467A6-E1DD-41CC-AE74-3E883191DF4B.jpeg

Indeed. BB is for "Buddy Bar" probably the dead best casting foundry ever used for performance intake manifolds. The factories used them and also the aftermarket as well. To see the BB mark means it is very high quality. They are still in business, as a matter of fact.

This ARP 444-2001 bolt will NOT fit into the narrow space due to the runner on the Edelbrock Victor intake.
Hence the reason (1 of many) to move the bolt hole.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back