Scammer member Wuym

-

Vitamin c

Vitamin c
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, New member Wuym is a scammer. I was contacted by this member in response to a wanted add I placed for an oil pan and Wuym responded saying he had a perfect pan and to contact via email. (red flag 1) After negotiating the deal, "and seeing pictures", he says his paypal is dormant and needs to use a Money gram. (red flag 2) He then says he has been laid up with "back surgery", "mild heart attack" "hearing impaired" and has to have the money gram made out to his wife Angie Oliver(red flag 3). I was told she worked for ups and would ship the part after picking up the moneygram. After looking at his member profile,(red flag 4) he says he is from Dequeen Arkansas, but his zip code shows Indianapolis. One step further, searching his home address,it turns up fake, but indicates a town close to Dequeen. I have been contacted by two other members here, and have been shown a link to another parts website showing Jim/Angie Oliver as scammers. I have also pm'ed a moderator here as to a scam.

That's too bad. Why do people have to do this? We're here to help and support each other and our hobby, and then some jerk has to move in and cause trouble. Fry him in motor oil!!!!!!

Lesson learned on my part. I needed the part, ignored my better judgment, and went ahead with the deal. I didn't lose a huge amount, but just enough to wake me up. I would leave negative feedback, but you have to use the post URL, and im not sure how to do that, plus there really wasn't any posts from him, just a pm and then email.

This always seem to pick up around Christmas. Maybe we should have a black list we can check.

Lesson learned on my part. I needed the part, ignored my better judgment, and went ahead with the deal. I didn't lose a huge amount, but just enough to wake me up. I would leave negative feedback, but you have to use the post URL, and im not sure how to do that, plus there really wasn't any posts from him, just a pm and then email.

I am not even showing a member named Wuym.

Unless he posted in your wanted thread there is no way to leave feedback. That is one of the flaws of the feedback system but it is still better than nothing.

Wuym

Attachments

• liuygjiuy.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 673
One way to stop it-You must be Gold member to post classified ad's

Not really. There are gold members here that do shady deals. Being a gold member doesn't stop you from doing anything.

Also, that would make the for sale ad full of the semi professional re-sellers. And get rid of the guy that ocassionally wants to sell his few extra parts a year(s).

And lastly, it just makes this place a private "for pay" online community.

You guys need to be reporting these characters to your local PD and postmaster general. US law places internet transactions under the jurisdiction of the Postmaster in your area. Let him/her know about it. Internet scams are a class D felony in most states. While the person may not get caught, or the police may not care, I know the postmaster here locally takes it seriously.

Really, the best protection we have is the red flags and they were admittedly there.
Same with the rest of the net, as the same red flags apply no matter who you deal with.

Thanks for that info! Scammers need to be hung.

By their lug nuts!

Yep, like this.

Or the other way of looking at it..............

you_are_about_to_make_a_mistake.jpg

Embarrassingly, this person took me for 550. Almost 600 with the fees. Again and like said the red flags where there and against my better judgement I went ahead. That was my mistake and real poor judgement. I even spoke to a couple friends and they didn't see it either.

The person does come across convincingly. The price was a not great deal (to good to be true) but what I would expect to pay. The pictures I googled before hand and didn't find any of them on the internet.

I do believe Jim is a front for Angie. His name changes from scam to scam hers remains the same. I doubt he even exists? She is the money person in a well developed scam. When I got the "minor heart surgery" email as to why it hadn't been shipped yet. I knew what happened. No such thing as "Minor" heart surgery.

I have deal with a lot of great people here over the last few years and will continue to do so. I did let my guard down for a moment and this could happen to anyone. Look for the red flags and follow your head not your wants or heart.

Rocky JS ... I had a similar bad sale, and like you, said nothing until some-one else got took..

Then I felt like a heel,, cuz I didn't put up a warning.. lost both ways.. sheesh

It's been suggested before,, a list of rip-offs ? Wall/Page of shame..

That being said,, I've done dozens of great deals with members here,, so odds were ...

It was a one day deal, new account, no posts and only day that account has been online since. Everyone got took on the same day. I guess the good thing is that this website is so huge and when do a google search for the name for folks in the future it will likely be at the top of the list. So by their own greed hopefully they will shut themselves down or at least make it more difficult for them - her.

Angie Oliver, Angela Oliver, De Queen Arkansas, Scam, money gram scam, moneygram scam. Dormant Paypal account

You guys need to be reporting these characters to your local PD and postmaster general. US law places internet transactions under the jurisdiction of the Postmaster in your area. Let him/her know about it. Internet scams are a class D felony in most states. While the person may not get caught, or the police may not care, I know the postmaster here locally takes it seriously.

When I was defrauded, I tracked the company down to a town in Florida...I talked to Ebay, Paypal, the cops in the town he lived in, the feds because it was cross state boarders and anyone else that coupd possible help me...quite frankly, no one gave a ****..

I think we should have a place on this board to report shady members..

I also posted joey about an offensive add on thus board yesterday and it is still up with the same wording...

Thanks for the heads up. I really like FABO. For the most part, there is a certain sense of community here. I've made a few transactions with members and so far everything has gone well. I've always thought that 'true' car guys would never screw other car guys because they had the same passion for the hobby and respected the blood, sweat, and tears that we each spend. We may not always agree with one another, but there are a lot of members willing to offer advice or to help a guy track down parts. I guess there are always going to be a few scumbags out there. But in my opinion, they're not 'car guys'. They're a cancer that preys on any group that becomes exposed to them.

Woulda been funny if you told him you would send cash, then send Monopoly money.

And that is why i don't buy or sell to anyone on here unless i know them or they have been around awhile.

I had the same experience with him. I have a wanted add for some weld racing wheels. He responded telling me he had 4 wheels for sale. His pricing was negotiable and he said he would take a reasonable offer. I sent him an email saying I needed to know more about him, since his joining date here was Dec 1 just one day before he contacted me and that I saw his backspacing didnt match what was available from weld racing so when I ask him to call me to talk about the part numbers and backspacing I got the hearing impaired story. Then no more responses. I was going to post a warning but being a fairly new member I didnt want to step on anyones toes. Hope no one has been scammed by this guy.
Rodney

Maybe we should have a thread posting scammers names for quick look up to keep others from getting scammed and maybe one for those great and honest members.Im just getting into selling some parts to fund my build and i got no problem sending parts to a member and when the receive them and they are happy they can send me payment.

-
Back