school me on differences between Dart, GT, and GTS?

-
Also the 1969 GT came with optional 4 speed (318 only) Seen a couple online. Found this out last year on fabo!

Also the 1969 GT came with optional 4 speed (318 only) Seen a couple online. Found this out last year on fabo!

yup the dealer catalog shows the 4 speed as an available option on all V8 dart models. Not available with six cylinder engines.

'Running with the Pack'

1967 Dodge Dart

* Dart {Base} ...... 2-Door Sedan
* Dart{base} ....... 4-Door Sedan

* Dart 270 .......... 2-Door Hardtop
* Dart 270 .......... 4-Door Sedan

* Dart GT ........... 2-Door Hardtop
* Dart GT ........... Convertible

* Dart GTS 383 ... 2-Door Hardtop
* Dart GTS 383 ... Convertible

Dart 270Features;
* Base Engine {170/115 HP ~ 6 Cylinder}
* Bright Steel Roof Drip-Edge Molding
* Full-Length Upper-Level Body Side Molding
* D O D G E {On lower deck of the Front Hood and Trunk Deck Lid}
* D A R T {Rear quarter-panel}
* Lower Sill {Rocker-Panel} Stainless Steel Molding
* 270 Interior High-Style Trim
* Cloth/Vinyl Seats
* Interior Door Panels {Upper and Lower; Integral Stamped Garnet Moldings}

"Understanding the 1967 Dart 270"

If you pulled up to one, and it is equipped with 6.50 x 13" Tires, it has the
Baby 6-Cylinder {170/115 HP}.

But, if it had the monster 7.00 x 13" Tires.

Look Out, it had the 225/145 HP 'Slant Six Slammer'

th

I've always been more of an E-body guy. Like the 67-69 Barracudas too. Got all the different trim levels and what came with what on those cars covered. 67-69 Darts? Not so much. So, I'm going to come clean and fess up that I don't really know the differences between the Dart, Dart GT and the Dart GTS trim levels on the 67-69 Darts. So, with that said, can you A-body experts school me on learning the differences between the different trim levels? Or maybe point me to an online reference where I can school myself? Got an interesting Dart here in my area and I want to get schooled up on what I'm looking at before I head over there to take a look at it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Trim level

GT was top of the line until the performance GTS came along

Dart low level options

Custom, more standard options & trim

270 more standard options & trim

GT up till 1967 was Best well opted dart built

GTS a GT with performance option to compete with the Camaro, mustang, cougar and firebird and for the young soldiers dollars returning home wanting a muscle car

I have 2 a 69 340 gts numbers matching and a 70 340 swinger numbers car both are really nice cars and like Rani said not built by Fiat.

If I'm reading that 69 Dealer Data book correctly, did the "Road-Runner" style hood only come standard only on the GTS and the Swinger 340?

Could you get the 340 in a GT? Or if you ordered the 340 did it bump the trim level up to the GTS simply because you ordered the 340?

and what about the 'vert? Was that only available in the GT and the GTS trim levels?

Anything larger than a 318 was NOT available in a GT.

1967 Production Numbers

* Dart {Base Model} ........... 53,100
* Dart 270 ......................... 63,200
* Dart GT .......................... 38,200
* Dart GTS 383 ...................... 457

1967 Dodge Dart

On the performance end.

* Dart GT {273/235 HP} ~ 4-Barrel ~ 'Charger 273'

* Total Hardtop Production .......... 3757
* Automatic .............................. 1508
* 4-Speed ................................ 2249

Total Convertible Production ......... 423
* Automatic ............................... 190
* 4-Speed ................................. 233
-----------------------------------------------------------------

* Dart GTS 383 {383/280 HP} ~ '383 4-Four Barrel'

* Total Hardtop Production ......... 440
* Automatic .............................. 216
* 4-Speed ................................ 224

* Total Convertible Production ...... 17
* Automatic ............................... 12
* 4-Speed ................................... 5

"Understanding the 1967 Dart 270" If you pulled up to one, and it is equipped with 6.50 x 13" Tires, it has the Baby 6-Cylinder {170/115 HP}. But, if it had the monster 7.00 x 13" Tires. Look Out, it had the 225/145 HP 'Slant Six Slammer'
th

If it had the Rallye suspension package (HD), disk brakes, or the "Mag" style wheel covers (GT only), the car would have 14" wheels. Woohoo!

1967 Dart GT ~ 273/235 HP ~ 'Charger 273 Four Barrel'

Correct Production Numbers

* Total ................................... 2705

* Hardtop ~ 4-Speed ............... 871
* Hardtop ~ Automatic .......... 1508

* Convertible ~ 4-Speed .......... 136
* Convertible ~ Automatic........ 190

2095_dart67_low_res.jpg

Also the "Charger 273" 4 barrell option was a code E of the 4th digit of the vin in 1967 and was the last year for the Hy-po 273. tmm

The Book

1967 Dart GT ~ 'Charger 273 Four-Barrel' ~ 3.23 Gears 'Sure-Grip'

Transmission ..... Shipping Weight ~ Curb Weight........ Performance

* 4-Speed ............... #2988 lbs. ~ #3126 lbs. ......... 16.25 @ 86 MPH
* Automatic ............. #2951 lbs. ~ #3089 lbs. ......... 16.45 @ 85 MPH

In 1967, found in F/S or F/SA in NHRA

1967-dodge-dart-gt-two-door-hardtop.jpg

Thanks for all the input! I knew you guys would set me straight on all the nuances of the various Dart trims.

Used that new found knowledge when I went to look at a '69 Dart GT 'vert that was for sale here in the greater St Louis area. The 340 that was transplanted into it was stout - it was worked over and has some big hairy b@lls to it that can really set you back in the seat! However, the rest of the car was somewhat disappointing and I decided to pass.

Anyway, thanks again for expanding my knowledge base on all things Dart!

Thanks for all the input! I knew you guys would set me straight on all the nuances of the various Dart trims.

Used that new found knowledge when I went to look at a '69 Dart GT 'vert that was for sale here in the greater St Louis area. The 340 that was transplanted into it was stout - it was worked over and has some big hairy b@lls to it that can really set you back in the seat! However, the rest of the car was somewhat disappointing and I decided to pass.

Anyway, thanks again for expanding my knowledge base on all things Dart!

Convertibles were built on GT you will not find a low line dart convertible, it could be a GTS but all will be at least a GT

-
Back