Secret second hobbies

-
I do not have a Lorenz,,,,,,,,,,,,yet lol,,,,,,they seem pretty common so I've been holding out for a really nice one
I looked for one for quite a while. Quality, availability and my price point never seemed to come together at the same time. :BangHead:

I will join in.
I'm an avid hunter. I hunt with razor blades attached to a stick, thrown by a string.
I carry no gun. I have no friends to help.
My knife and my mind are the only back up weapons I carry.
I believe in fair chase and the ability for the animal to get me is as exciting as any actual killing of the animal.
I honor every last part of any animal that I take. For it died for my "hobby". Hunting is a very serious and spiritual thing.

041.jpg

090 (2).jpg

WhiteTail3.jpg

Last edited:
I also do other things.
I am an avid music lover. I get to about 100 shows a year.
Shiprocked is my favorite concert every year. 20 plus bands on a ship. And usually on a beach somewhere on the way.
In the next month, going to killswitch engage, lamb of god, AMON AMARTH, and hate breed to name a few.
Also, hunting season is in full swing. I have deer tags, bear tags, antelope tags and elk tags. Probably go shoot a domestic hog to add to it the winter meat storage.

I'm also an amateur paleontologist. Being raised as a preachers kid I have a need to understand fossils and the history of this earth. So my biggest tooth is a tyrannosaur tooth that is about 3" long. Technically, it's an albertosaurus from the judith river formation in the cretaceous era.
But my best find is a premaxilla of a egg aged baby Troodon raptor. One of the single smartest dinosaurs ever and definitely the scariest due to it's hands and size of brain.
And it's a baby!!

I do like guns, but alas, I lost all of them in a boating accident.

Since I am an amateur paleontologist I inherently look for gem stones, arrowheads and artifacts as well.
Mount Antero is in my back yard, the only location for aqua marine in the country. I go up that mountain at least 12 times a year. Largest single stone I have found is around 1300 dollars for it's karat weight.
My best arrowheads, well, spear points really as most of what everyone calls arrowheads were spear points. Bow and Arrows were a very recent technology of the injuns. The best I have is a clovis and an Ishi.

Motorcycles, I have a few harley's and a few crotch rockets and a few dirt bikes. I hit sturgis and this year got about 2400 miles for the 12 day adventure. Saw several national monuments and hung with the most partriotic crowd in America at the ONLY American made festival. I dirt bike up as many high altitude trails as I can in the summertime. The rockets, well, that's when I really need a good 150 mph kick in the ***.

I grow marijuana as a hobby. I had 1500 plants 4 years ago. I make oil for folks that need the medication. I used to take care of children that had very serious seizure issues, hence the 1500 plants. Really, just a hobby.

Cars of course. Some 30 or more? Mopars and pontiacs. All findable here or on ebodies.org or the other for only sites.

I have quite the knife collection.
Something about cold steel that is so different than boom sticks.

I also collect, weird old metal things from years gone by that no one uses any longer. I find it very interesting to learn what the old timers remember about the early metal contraptions.
Auctions are great places to find weird stuff and meet old fella's and learn some stuff.

My real job, I build custom homes. With my hands. I'm not a dashboard general. I build million piece puzzles at elevations of 9000 feet and above.

I have so many more hobbies. LIfe is too short. I can only pack so much information into the mind. Time is the only thing that stops me from having more fun.
Life is short, so live it to the fullest!!

12704_vg9928332c00-0 (1).jpg

FB_IMG_1590209805032.jpg

20200410_112901_HDR.jpg

front of house door closed.jpg

20190908_222548.jpg

20200726_120000.jpg

View attachment 1715989999

I have been involved with Quarter Horses since a kid, I'm not 74. Training, breeding, showing...down to just two old geldings, but today I don't get around too good, much less climb up on a horse. Not a hobby, since it was part of my livlihood and a work tool but I loved it all.
Wife and I now raise Boer Goats. Again not a hobby per se, she has been in ranching all her life and all kinds of livestock. We enjoy it but they have to pay their way.

Used to ride motorcycles...pretty much given up, it's not fun anymore.

Been a tabletop gamer and AD&D player for almost 30 years now. (I was a playtester for D&D 5e and Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperboria.) Planning to go to GaryCon next year after a 4-year gap due to the world going insane.

My biggest second hobby when it comes to consuming all my time and money. Is my saltwater aquarium. I do not watch much TV besides NFL.
78374080-A2BB-4314-B2D3-C7648010953D.jpeg

I used to shoot with the Civilian Marksmanship Program in the small bore (.22) competitions.
I'm farsighted and it became tough for me to compete, so I gave it up. I do miss teaching the next generations though.
What started as a hobby has turned into a nice little side gig. I rebuild lock cylinders and can re-pin/re-key them.
I also collect illegal gambling chips and other items from the illegal gambling places that were located in Northern Kentucky.

Incredibly rare,,,,,in fact, it may be one of one lol
That is an impressive collection. I have a photograph and a few buttons. :p
What is the megaphone shaped object between the drum and the tripod? It almost looks like it could have been used as a chimney in a tent or winter camp shelter.

I have two, the first is audio and music. I'm at about 3000 or so albums, 2000 CD's, and about 20,000 albums on digital. The shop system is two pair of large Advents, a pair of Dahlquist subwoofers, a Denon main amp, Kenwood tuner, Hafler subwoofer amp, and a Dahlquist active crossover.

View attachment 1715595119
View attachment 1715595120
View attachment 1715595121

Here's the house setup, some small B&W's for casual listening. The big box on the right is an 18" JBL pro woofer in about an 8 cu.ft. box. The main system is a Harmon Kardon receiver and CD player, Technics turntable, and a Dynaco amp for the sub.

View attachment 1715595133

The main speakers are a pair of Dahlquist DQ-10's, stacked on top of each other and driven by a Denon amp.

View attachment 1715595134

The other love is cooking. I grew up in a restaurant, doing my first shift in Dad's cafe at the ripe old age of 14 or so. Dad rousts me out of bed at about 0500 one Sunday morning and says get up and get ready, the breakfast cook is in jail for drunk and disorderly so you're next in line. I have a "problem" with commercial kitchen equipment. I'd have a full pro kitchen if I were to do it all over again. As is, I have this beast of a stove, four 25K burners with a 24" flattop on the left. The oven will take a 25+ pound turkey easy.

View attachment 1715595125

The newest toy is a commercial griddle for outdoor cooking. It weighs more than I do by a healthy margin.

View attachment 1715595126

Cool, I haven’t seen DQ 10s in years

I build custom homes.
So, you spend a lot of time sitting on your *** playing video games I see.:poke::rofl:

I have a good friend in CO that builds houses. Artisan builders. I know the business can be a bit competitive, but I think Justin is a great guy.

Yer kickin some Azz CudaHunter!

So, you spend a lot of time sitting on your *** playing video games I see.:poke::rofl:

Some days I wish I was sitting around.

I built my covid house alone. 1800 sq.ft. (small) and 1000 sq.ft. garage. Alone. It is very difficult to find anyone who wants a real job. Luckily I have 1 guy to help with my current 5600 sq.ft. home.

DSC_4659.JPG

DSC_5126.jpg

DSC_5319_stitch.jpg

DSC_5363.jpg

DSC_5603_stitch.jpg

DSC_5653_stitch.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

single parent of 2 teenagers,1 of witch is special needs, if im not running one way im running the other most days, i play IRACE and american truckers, when track opens ive been known to play with a dirt track car or 2, i build model cars and trucks in spells, got 6 4 wheelers i keep up and ride, a 359 peterbilt im fixing up, and grow most of my own smoke, have been know to impersonate a truck driver from time to time,....rest of my time i speed on internet or asleep....DWB

That is an impressive collection. I have a photograph and a few buttons. :p
What is the megaphone shaped object between the drum and the tripod? It almost looks like it could have been used as a chimney in a tent or winter camp shelter.
It's called a sibley stove,, and yes, it goes into a sibley bell tent, and was made to fit underneath the tripod you see to the right, which held the centre support pole for the tent

It's called a sibley stove,, and yes, it goes into a sibley bell tent, and was made to fit underneath the tripod you see to the right, which held the centre support pole for the tent
Your avatar looks like the dart GTS vert that graveyard cars redid.

-
Back