Secret second hobbies

-
Mopars and Machine Guns. Can't spend money faster. Hookers and blow is cheaper. Been shooting at Knob Creek for 20 years - even met the girlfriend there (she had been going for 27yrs). This is a random YouTube from there and a walk along the firing line. We are far right on firing line. Girlfriend is under the white canopy.

I've been known to do a little of this every now and then.....:lol:

View attachment 1716079983

View attachment 1716079984

For the first time in just about three years, I took my stick out of it's case to go shoot with a friend of mine at a local pool hall on a Saturday a while back......he thought we were going on a Sunday, so he didn't show up....

So there I was, just about ready to leave when I heard somebody over the PA announce that sign-up for the tournament was going to close in 5 minutes......"HUH? Tournament you say?!?!?!"

Turns out it was a BCA sanctioned $20 per head affair with prize money added to the pot. 44 people signed up. No practice, no warm-ups, no plans of even playing a tourney since my stock hasn't been out of the case for so long....paid me out a little over $80 for finishing in 7th place.

Could've probably done a little better with some practice.....
Wormy approves. (Yes, that's a dragon smoking a stogie and chalking a cue stick.)

20230325_194434.jpg

Pics, from top are...
Setting up a game of Chainmail on a 50-year-old sand table that was originally in Gary Gygax's basement.(2)

D&D game run by Douglas Niles.

Saturday morning...gotta love "spring" in Wisconsin.(2)

The Gary Gygax memorial.

From the top...
Map of the convention at the Grand Geneva Resort. (Which is actually the old Playboy Resort.)

330 Center Street, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin-Gary Gygax's house. He raised five(!) children in that house...and it's tiny, about 900 square feet.:eek:

Door to the basement at 330 Center Street.

The roller skate I drove 2200+ miles in. :BangHead::BangHead:

I had a pic of my friend Dave playing Frank Mentzer's Les Paul a few years ago, but I can't find it.

If it floats, flies, or fu**s, rent it.
I was looking at purchasing, right now things are out of control. Even Cessna 172s.
A friend just had his Piper engine overhauled. About 40k.
As mentions, paper trail and electronics.
I work in commercial aviation for a living. General aviation or G.A. for short seems like a real pain in the dick. I couldent be bothered with that. My brother is a private pilot and rents aircraft to keep his hours current. Nothing but a flying liability.

Bikes. Mostly dirt bikes and bicycles, but I'm hopefully picking this up on Saturday. It will be my first street bike since I was stationed in Abilene TX in 1984-88.

weekend.jpg

I research cars online. I even got in trouble at work. Although on time off. Still using assets that don't belong to me. Thus boss was right.

But not my fault. Once my B-body came self aware. I was instructed for its buddy. A-body support. It all started at this time. I was told all others were shitters?

What does that mean?

20180823_115241.jpg

I'm into chemistry experiments. I finally perfected turning bourbon into urine!
:rofl: really !! Cheers to you this evening my friend
Is that as much fun as it used to be back in the 70's? More expensive but much better stuff from what I hear.
Not much more expensive, because one or two hits and your done for the next hour or so, fun, heck yeah brother
Avid Bass angler here,
View attachment 1715593560
I also dabble in pyrotechnics.
Oh yea, nice small mouth brownie , same here, I cought 2 bass last year, weighed them together, sometimes more accurately done, 15 lb 7oz , can't find my picture. Nice catch there, found the picture

20230420_125352.jpg

20200714_132835.jpg

WWith mebi
Ever since I was a kid (a few (many) decades ago) I was into Quarter Horses. By the time I got my drivers lisence I wanted a "fast" car with a 4 speed, but dad I would I would kll my fool self! So had a fast horse. We were poor enough so I had a job after school every day but Mon. and12 hours Sat. at the local A & P Grocery. It paid for my horse feed. I learned to have a better horse, I had to learn how to start then, and train them. I learned how to find a good prospect I could afford and train him for a worthwhile job. And that other people with $ would pay for a good one.

When I go into old cars in the 80s I found that car hobbies cost $$ unless you can learn all that is needed, go find a good prospect, and sell it to someone with $$ and thus pay for MY cars.
with me it was always buy, sell, trade car parts for what I needed. Every time I'd hit the salvage yard it was for what I needed , and what I could flip that somebody else needed. This was painfully slow until the internet ramped up along with fabo and PayPal.

So I kinda got into G scale model trains. Primarily for around the tree at Christmas time last year. Bought a starter set of Marklin LGB. I have picked up a couple pieces of track and some more cars at bargain prices by lurking on evilbay. Anyhoo when my wife and I are cooking chicken shes always about the salmonella. I get it. Nobody wants the rocket poops. I still joke with her and say "oh Sam and Ella the cute old couple down the street, you dont want them to visit. She just rolls her eyes. Well this popped up in G scale custom lettered and limited to 80 made. I had to have it. It seems that Sam & Ella have expanded their business beyond tainted chicken. I hear they are the life of the waaaay after party. That their chicken dish is really the "bomb" lol.

Screenshot_20230723-085954_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230723-090009_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230723-090023_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230723-090036_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230723-133551_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
Vintage boat restoration
Restoring this 1965 Glasspar Seafair Sunliner putting a 130 hp Yamaha on it after I strengthen the transom and add a jack plate

PXL_20230707_191907563.jpg

PXL_20230625_001759303.jpg

That's some nice work sir! I need to do something similar, what did you use to fill the cracks?
Thanks! I like to use Bondo fiberglass resin, and I color it with grout pigment. I have buddies who are much more serious about woodworking, so they get all fancy with the products they use, but I like to keep it simple (and cheap).

Thanks - I'll look into it. I have four of these bad boys to surface smooth somehow, fill the cracks, and turn into table tops.

20230725_085700.jpg

-
Back