seller won't return my pm's

-

kdsmith07

Reaction score
sent a member here 88.00 on wed.the 13th.said he'd pm me when he shipped my part but so far nothing.i've pm'ed him at least 3 times for an update.i understand that stuff does happen but how long do I wait?thanks,kent

you just made me paranoid and I thought..."oh no, I hope I am not forgetting anyone".

Sometimes people like me forget easy .....but if you sent them money im sure that right there would be a huge monkey on their back and they wrote it down somewhere.

I would think 3 PMs later might be a problem because most people just need a quick memory jog to get back on track.

hope it all works out for you.

Two things come to mind here. First, has he logged in, in the last few days?

Two, sometimes what I have found unless someone has their settings set up to show a pop up window when they have a new private message, they don't think to check.

Doesnt the notification also go to your e mail? And then smart phone if he has one.

Only if you have your account set up to do all of those things.

Personally, I do not. I don't get emails, nor cell phone communications, regarding PM's. I do get a flag on the screen when I log into fabo, though.

I, personally don't care to be notified when I'm PM'd or when someone responds to a thread, or any of those things.

I'd send another $88.00 if I were you to jog their memory.

Seriously though today's only the 19th I'd give it a few more days before I explored other options. Some of us are in a hurry and well quite frankly some folks don't get in a hurry to do anything. Unless they specifically told you they would immediately get the parts out to you I'd hang tight.

I'd send another $88.00 if I were you to jog their memory.

Seriously though today's only the 19th I'd give it a few more days before I explored other options. Some of us are in a hurry and well quite frankly some folks don't get in a hurry to do anything. Unless they specifically told you they would immediately get the parts out to you I'd hang tight.

this ive been around here for a few years if it aint there in 2 weeks then worry . At that point start a thread bout it and whats going on with the name of the member . I see no need to worry yet .

The seller hasn't logged in since the 14th. He also has good ratings, 100% positive.

I can only imagine life got in the way for a minute.

Let's give it a few days.

Just some food for thought, I have my account set up to send me emails when I get a pm, and when a thread I am subscribed to gets a reply. Even though it's supposed to send me emails, sometimes it takes days. About every third or fourth day I will get flooded with emails from days back.

Only a few days. Some people don't live online.

Just some food for thought, I have my account set up to send me emails when I get a pm, and when a thread I am subscribed to gets a reply. Even though it's supposed to send me emails, sometimes it takes days. About every third or fourth day I will get flooded with emails from days back.

I get some PM and just deleted them....depending who they are..

Give the guy a few days...LOL

it's been 9 days now and still nothing.i know a couple of you say wait 2 weeks but I'd should at least get a pm don't ya think?

it's been 9 days now and still nothing.i know a couple of you say wait 2 weeks but I'd should at least get a pm don't ya think?

I think so!

My opinion is always the same, if you're going to list parts, have the decency to follow the deal completely through! Listing parts is the easy part, packing, weighing and getting a quote, messaging with the quote, receiving the money, driving it to the shipper, paying the shipping, messaging back with the tracking, all of that is the job and takes time! If you're not willing to spend the time to follow through, don't list the damn part!! I have lots of parts to list, should I list them a week before I go on vacation for over a week, and not be able to follow through completely?? Heck no!!

I say offer the sellers name! 9 days and no message is too long! I don't care if people don't "live" on the Internet, he knows he has parts for sale and has a buyer he needs to follow through with, and no excuse is going to make not answering justifiable!!

I say call him out, its time!!! Geof

i think so!

My opinion is always the same, if you're going to list parts, have the decency to follow the deal completely through! Listing parts is the easy part, packing, weighing and getting a quote, messaging with the quote, receiving the money, driving it to the shipper, paying the shipping, messaging back with the tracking, all of that is the job and takes time! If you're not willing to spend the time to follow through, don't list the damn part!! I have lots of parts to list, should i list them a week before i go on vacation for over a week, and not be able to follow through completely?? Heck no!!

I say offer the sellers name! 9 days and no message is too long! I don't care if people don't "live" on the internet, he knows he has parts for sale and has a buyer he needs to follow through with, and no excuse is going to make not answering justifiable!!

I say call him out, its time!!! Geof

x2!!

I agree.his handle on here is garner22.i know nothing about him except that he has my money and I have zip.if there's a problem,pm me.that's all I ask.whoever said if you can't follow thru don't list them is right.on the flip side I do hope that nothing bad has happened.

Nine days is a bit much for no communication. How did you pay? Paypal will back you up.

from what I'm told you have no recourse if you send it as a gift and it seems to me that everyone wants the money sent as a gift.

for as fast as the OP ships out items he sells, he should get the same courtesy in return.

Nine days is way too long if this person has your money ....its one thing to drag out the deal making process or freebies, but once money has been paid then it should become the seller's priority.

And if someone takes advantage of the gift function on paypal then he or she needs to be called out because if people send money via gift button then that is the honor system and that is cold and low down and no honor in taking advantage of that.

-
Back