Sharko's 1965 Cuda Resto-mod

-

Sharko

Sharko
Reaction score
I just wanted to share my project with all you mopar lovers out there.This is what she looked like when I picked her up from her 20 year resting place. I picked her up for $900 bucks in June 2009 a few hours from Chicago. This is my first complete restoration and I am looking forward to learning a few things and a little help from all you guys out there.

Barracuda as purchased 4.jpg

Barracuda as purchased.jpg

Barracuda as purchased 5.jpg

Barracuda as purchased 6.jpg

Barracuda as purchased 8.jpg

Barracuda as purchased 10.jpg

Hi Sharko-

Welcome to the friendliest and most knowledgeable Mopar (or ANY car, for that matter) board around: FABO! I've learned a TON since I've come here. I guarantee you will, too...

That's definitely a tough one to be a first resto project. Good luck and keep us updated with lots o' pix.

That's definitely a tough one to be a first resto project. Good luck and keep us updated with lots o' pix.[/quote

Ya I know it looks pretty rough, but I'm up for a challenge. It would be to easy otherwise lol. Here's a couple more progress pic's of my baby.

Barracuda 047.jpg

Barracuda 039.jpg

Barracuda 049.jpg

Barracuda 046.jpg

Barracuda 045.jpg

Just wanted to add a few progress pics of my project and my new welder. Just getting started back again for the summer. I got both fenders,lower valance,hood,dash,and one door all down to bare metal and metal prepped and etch-primed. Just one door and the trunk left before I start the metal work on the shell. Finally close to having all stripped to bare metal. I feel pretty happy about it considering I just got the car last June. So here's some pics guys.

Barracuda 050.jpg

Barracuda 079.jpg

Barracuda 084.jpg

Barracuda 086.jpg

Barracuda 095.jpg

Barracuda 099.jpg

Barracuda 102.jpg

Barracuda 100.jpg

Barracuda 101.jpg

Barracuda 103.jpg

Just wanted to add a few progress pics of my project and my new welder. Just getting started back again for the summer. I got both fenders,lower valance,hood,dash,and one door all down to bare metal and metal prepped and etch-primed. Just one door and the trunk left before I start the metal work on the shell. Finally close to having all stripped to bare metal. I feel pretty happy about it considering I just got the car last June. So here's some pics guys.

your putting a valiant grill on it?????

your putting a valiant grill on it?????

Yes I'm putting a 64 Valiant grill on it but I have a Barracuda emblem on the way for it. I think it makes the front end alot cleaner and better looking in my opinion. But thats what makes it our own.

It's gonna look good with that grill. Just look at mine.
I seen yours and its looking good. I like all the personal touches like the grill 8) gas cap, hood scoops and the pistol grip. Its so much better building it the way you want it. Keep up the good work its looking good night rider.
And thanks for all the motivation everyone.

So happy!! I got my big air compressor wired up, and a couple 8ft strip lights, and a nice retractable hose reel mounted to the wall. I dont know how I got all that work done with just that little portable compressor. No more waiting around for air pressure anymore. I'll be able to get so much more done.

Just wanted to put a couple progress pics up before I leave for Vegas.
Have'nt done to much lateley its been to hot out in the garage to do much. But its coming along slowely, just taking my time and doing it right.

65 Barracuda Project 085.jpg

65 Barracuda Project 086.jpg

65 Barracuda Project 087.jpg

65 Barracuda Project 088.jpg

65 Barracuda Project 089.jpg

65 Barracuda Project 090.jpg

65 Barracuda Project 091.jpg

65 Barracuda Project 093.jpg

65 Barracuda Project 094.jpg

65 Barracuda Project 096.jpg

Shannon, I love to see someone that is willing to go the extra mile and do it as right as he can. It looks like your on your way. I've got that 65 out in the field that the hood latch came off of and if you need anything else off of it you let me know. I'll dig out the doors for ya later. Do it right and do it once. It's lookin good.
Small Block

I see you have done all your stripping with a wheel. Nothing wrong with that, it's just alot of hard work! I made my son take a look at your pics because he is crying about stripping the engine compartment of his Duster project with chemicals and elbow grease. His comment after seeing your last pics "Geez! I need more aircraft stripper when you run into town."

Thanks for all the great comments guys, I just got back from Vegas this morning, I've been out there since the 18th, and can't wait to get back out to the garage and give the Cuda some more love.
Finally all the hard work is paying off and its starting to look like a little something. Next on my list is some small parts and the core support.
Hopefully I'll have some more pics for you guys in a week or two.

Let me know when you dig out them doors Small Block.

-
Back