She's almost ready!!!!

-

hemifish69

Dain bramaged Hemi freak
Reaction score
I'm getting closer to getting her street legal... It'll be almost 4 years since she had plates.

Picture 059.jpg

It gets a lot of people. Nobody expects that motor in this wrapper.

472 ci, 727, dana 60, 35 spline axles w/ a yukon spool. 4.10 gears, 3" exhaust.

What springs do you have on there? I like how it sits. I've got a 67 Notch I'm workin on and so far I like the XHD's from lookin at other guys rides.

Hemifish, not sure what I like more....your car or your avatar! Good job on both!

that is freaking awsome. my buddy has a 68 like that. flat black primer, no flash. but the hemi is still on the engine stand.

Like clifftt says, i'm not sure what i like better, post #3 or your avitar. Gotta love those big valve covers (on both!):-D

What springs do you have on there? I like how it sits. I've got a 67 Notch I'm workin on and so far I like the XHD's from lookin at other guys rides.

The torsion bars are the .958" or whatever the second largest ones were.

The leafs are stock, except for the extra main leaf (from another a-body)that I cut the spring eyes off and re-stacked them. It doesn't ride like a caddy, but it stays flat in turns.

It does have caddy discs in the back.

I'm not sure what people mean about trusting the fan- I've had this one on several cars, and it still doesn't show any cracks. the oversized aluminum crossflow rad cools so well, maybe the fan is unnecessary. the drivers side tank is cool enough to keep your hand on it, even when the motor is up to temp.

This car is ultra low-buck. I scrounge everthing, make everything else.

The motor plate is homemade, because the #1 header pipe got in the way of the motor mount.

The headers are Hooker Super Comps, but they fit like they were made for another car, so I spent 4 months (off and on) reworking and re-welding them.

Home-made oil pan (9 qt). Narrowed the dana myself, (no pinion snubber, but no wheel hop with the springs) and put in 8.75 moser axles. Had to run the spool becuz 8.75 axles are equal length, and danas would have to have unequal length axles to have the right pinion offset.

The hood scoop is all metal, and was made to cover the hack job the previous owner did to the hood. They cut out the hood structure and bondo'd in a six pack scoop from the underside, after bondoing the holes for the chrysler dual hood scoops that were also on there.

The scoop I made just covers all the damage, and gives just enough clearance for the air cleaner.

Thanks for the compliments all.

By the way, the car and avatar are both front end heavy, have huuuge hemispheres, been rode hard, give good rides, and would probably run off if I left them alone in the wrong part of town.

Found the aluminum panel for the trunk,

and put the future owner in the driver's seat. Maybe he'll have it, or it'll become part of his college fund, but there's plenty of time to think about that.

Picture 154.jpg

Picture 152.jpg

I saw the dis in front and went cool a BB cuda then my eyes say the rocker covers and I was like damn! that is sweet, almost as sweet as your avatar 8)

-
Back