Shifter without a plastic cable

-

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Have a B&M shifter which has the plactic covered cable to the transmission. Problem is every route passes the header and guess what happens - yep it melts.

question, is there another cable out there not made of plastic? or is there another shifter/type someone would recommend which does not have a plastic sheethed cable?

Thank you - very good idea and thanks for the cable place in my town

You can buy heat shield for plug wires and cut it the length you want and slip it over the cable.

I've heard some say they bought a super long cable and routed it over/around the trans to avoid the exhaust.

Have a B&M shifter which has the plactic covered cable to the transmission. Problem is every route passes the header and guess what happens - yep it melts.

question, is there another cable out there not made of plastic? or is there another shifter/type someone would recommend which does not have a plastic sheethed cable?

my opinion.. get rid of that B&M garbage and stick a turbo action shifter in it.. the cable wraps around the rear of the trans away from all that hot stuff. they are cake to install and don't clutter up the area where you are having a problem. you'll also find that it operated a lot smoother then what you have now.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TAC-70001B/

-
Back