"Shooting Ducks"

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
so if you read my slant thread today you saw that it seems its running out of fuel hard...

so all the old timers kept telling me i was shooting ducks lol

so anyways how do you tell a lean pop or rich pop or ignition miss will WOT??

vids? and sory the girl was taking pics instead of vid today so no evidence

A pop at high RPM is LEAN. Whether it's lean cause the ignition aint firin or runnin outta fuel, it's lean. You're runnin outta fuel cause you gotta piece of **** pump. Get a real one. lol

A pop at high RPM is LEAN. Whether it's lean cause the ignition aint firin or runnin outta fuel, it's lean. You're runnin outta fuel cause you gotta piece of **** pump. Get a real one. lol

lol i know i know...

i just want to learn what listen for in the future so i know

In my experience Lean usually backfires through the carb or cuts out stutters and hesitates, rich will usually pop or blubber and accelerate softly. Read your plugs and look at the inside of your exhaust pipe or pipes they will tell a story get someone to watch a run closely If its puffing black its rich. Make sure your ignition is in good working order too.

Joe

In my experience Lean usually backfires through the carb or cuts out stutters and hesitates, rich will usually pop or blubber and accelerate softly. Read your plugs and look at the inside of your exhaust pipe or pipes they will tell a story get someone to watch a run closely If its puffing black its rich. Make sure your ignition is in good working order too.

Joe

well it was hesitating like when i cut its balls off for smog (down jet, back off lash, retard)

pipe was clean, funny cuz i checked them, no soot,

as stated my little pump is a POS but just want to learn

Thanks Joe

well it was hesitating like when i cut its balls off for smog (down jet, back off lash, retard)

pipe was clean, funny cuz i checked them, no soot,

as stated my little pump is a POS but just want to learn

Thanks Joe

No problem, Clean pipe is lean for one reason or another. Pump gas likes to be light gray in the pipe, Race gas is very hard to read either plugs or pipes. Get a wideband and you will turn into a a tuning guru in no time :)

Joe

No problem, Clean pipe is lean for one reason or another. Pump gas likes to be light gray in the pipe, Race gas is very hard to read either plugs or pipes. Get a wideband and you will turn into a a tuning guru in no time :)

Joe

i just jet for the fastest mph...

Just a thought,, I know you run the car on the street. Mechanical pumps have good "push" but poor "pull" from the tank. Install a electric pump at the tank to push the fuel to the mechanical pump during high rpm use. Add a switch to shut it off during normal street driving and let the mechanical do that work. Those '88's make revs faster now. When I was 17 I drove a 340 4 speed duster with 5:13's on the street and it cured my problem.We tested it on the high school auto shop dyno with a clear fuel filter and saw it running out of fuel on a pull.Flip the switch and filter was full on the next pull. Again just a thought.

Also add a set of fresh plugs, if you haven't done so already.... I really enjoy your progress and hope to see ya clean house in Vegas.!!!!

ALSO, ALSO,,,WATCH THE CRACKS ABOUT US OLD TIMERS !!!! YOUR DAY WILL COME................. Written with a smile and a chuckle !!!

Just a thought,, I know you run the car on the street. Mechanical pumps have good "push" but poor "pull" from the tank. Install a electric pump at the tank to push the fuel to the mechanical pump during high rpm use. Add a switch to shut it off during normal street driving and let the mechanical do that work. Those '88's make revs faster now. When I was 17 I drove a 340 4 speed duster with 5:13's on the street and it cured my problem.We tested it on the high school auto shop dyno with a clear fuel filter and saw it running out of fuel on a pull.Flip the switch and filter was full on the next pull. Again just a thought.

well im only running a electric pump, deleted the mech pump cuz it was onlly 5/16 line and i had upgraded to 3/8 all the way thru

Also add a set of fresh plugs, if you haven't done so already.... I really enjoy your progress and hope to see ya clean house in Vegas.!!!!

probably should

-
Back