Should I Buy the following and piss off the wife??

-
everyone's case is different. with me and my girl, she doesn't care what i buy or how much i buy. luckily she was grown up around cars and her father took her and her 2 brothers to MANY car shows/swap meets when they were all little till grown up. doesnt bother me what she buys either. but maybe that will change one day? i hope not!!

Put in terms she understands, it's a 40% off sale.

I used to laugh at the "I just saved $200" when buying an $800 item that she really didn't need. No you just spent $800!

If you will definitely use them in the not to distant future, I'd snap them up.

Speaking as a wife (of 1968FormulaS340), I will assure you, yes, we get over stuff. However, your relationship with your wife is like a bank account. I'm not sure what your current balance is with your "withdrawals" over time, but it is disrespectful to your wife and the foundation of your marriage if you decide unilaterally to spend that amount of money without offering your wife the respect that comes from being included in the decision making process.

Women really don't forget. If you feel you can afford to make such a withdrawal from the foundation balance of your marriage, then go for it.

Personally, as a wife, I would instantly lose respect for you as my husband and that "shine" would dull quite a bit from your once glimmering halo.

You must make your choice and live with the circumstances/consequences.

Woot! Get'R Done!

She's right you know?

Just ask her and explain how it'll save money in the long run.

Speaking as a wife (of 1968FormulaS340), I will assure you, yes, we get over stuff. However, your relationship with your wife is like a bank account. I'm not sure what your current balance is with your "withdrawals" over time, but it is disrespectful to your wife and the foundation of your marriage if you decide unilaterally to spend that amount of money without offering your wife the respect that comes from being included in the decision making process.

Women really don't forget. If you feel you can afford to make such a withdrawal from the foundation balance of your marriage, then go for it.

Personally, as a wife, I would instantly lose respect for you as my husband and that "shine" would dull quite a bit from your once glimmering halo.

You must make your choice and live with the circumstances/consequences.

Woot! Get'R Done!

Well said.
Your suppose to be a team.
My wife is pretty cool with these type of situations. Usually though, there is a payoff necessary. I get a car,she gets patio furniture. I get a motor, she gets a new front door. Like many have said, got to keep the wife happy.
Good luck !

Tell her you really need that intake and he's throwing the heads in for free.

Well said.
Your suppose to be a team.
My wife is pretty cool with these type of situations. Usually though, there is a payoff necessary. I get a car,she gets patio furniture. I get a motor, she gets a new front door. Like many have said, got to keep the wife happy.
Good luck !

Teamwork! You nailed it!

Wait, I should have been getting patio furniture out of these deals?????

I FEEL ROBBED NOW!!!!!!!!! (wink)

Yes, Yes you should. Remember that it's always easier to ask for forgiveness then permission.
On a side note, I've never been/ever will be married.

I think I will go ahead and get the intake as she would see it being used really soon. Maybe a nice dinner and musical would put me into the good books. Then hit her up 2 days later with, "you know that guy who sold me that intake super cheap? Well, he has some other parts (heads) that I need and it is an even better deal." And try to let her know what these cost to order and sell her on the fact that the heads are new. And that she knew what she was getting into before she said yes.....

I don't think I should have to hide anything from her> She might get mad, but she shouldn't if I am open and honest.

Last resort...... give her some money for her to blow.

I would buy em'! Then i would go out and get some nice bubble bath,some scented candles,a nice romantic movie,a nice bottle of wine and some VERY nice lingerie. And when she got home after i relaxed in the tub with the bubble bath and candles and watched the movie and drinking the bottle of wine,.....i would ask if she wouldn't mind slipping into this nice lingerie with garter belts and whisper in her ear that i have something to tell her...

Glen

It is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask her, she says no, than your stuck. Buy Um!

I say piss off the wife and buy.

Do it for all the men out here who need to stand up for themselves with their wives.

"How many times on a cold, cold morning, a car and a woman... They won't turn over..."

Rodney Dangerfield

At least cars don't cop attitudes and get mad at you...

I say piss off the wife and buy.

Do it for all the men out here who need to stand up for themselves with their wives.

"How many times on a cold, cold morning, a car and a woman... They won't turn over..."

Rodney Dangerfield

At least cars don't cop attitudes and get mad at you...

My best friend thought that way too.

Now his wife owns the house, his car, 1/2 his retirement, and he pays her $3200 a month in spousal and child support.

But you are right...... His cars never did get mad or cop an attitude.

I took my wife last weekend to Daytona to pick up a 470 low deck stroker short block. She said ok lets make a day of it and we did. NO BIG DEAL! As long as you can afford it and not taking money that was earmarked for bills, buy it! The next time it might be buying 2 recliners and a couch which we did. It's all about being fair. But I made the deal to buy the short block on my own without "asking mother may I." Man up and use those things hanging between your legs.

Can I trade for you? lol

Bills are still getting paid and I have a good job and another part timer. I just don't "need" the heads right away but will end up buying a set one day

If your not going to use them right away, they will just sit around, like the last owner did.

Better heads might come around ? Doesn't Eddy has victor heads soon to be released ?

Teamwork! You nailed it!

Wait, I should have been getting patio furniture out of these deals?????

I FEEL ROBBED NOW!!!!!!!!! (wink)

My best friend thought that way too.

Now his wife owns the house, his car, 1/2 his retirement, and he pays her $3200 a month in spousal and child support.

But you are right...... His cars never did get mad or cop an attitude.

Wow you all write the same must be related...
"What the f*** are you talking about? He had a baby on board and started the race, not me. He didn't take it easy and I won. If you would like to come see me in person, I'll be happy to beat some man into you, you idiot."

Really? "He started it"? And, you still went along with it? Wow. Really GREAT judgment on your part. Next time you see a baby on board, see if you can exercise some common sense and make the choice not to race. It's called making the right choice. Being and idiot is being an idiot, and you're defending an idiotic decision, as well as bragging about it. Grow up. If you want to race someone, take it to the track. Glad you won the race. Super glad neither of you made any stupid mistakes while there was a baby in the midst. And, seriously, "he started it"? What, are you like 16 years old going on 5 years old? Kindergarten is behind you. Learn to act like a man. As a mother, I would NEVER want someone racing while there was a baby on board. Also, if you want to beat some sense into someone, direct it towards yourself. When you act the fool, you will be addressed as the fool.

Oh, the old "He jumped off the cliff so it's OK if I did too," defense. The other driver was just stupid.

You were worse.

A "MAN" would have the responsibility to wait for a better time and place. But sadly you proved yourself to be nothing more than a bratty little child.

Nice win there Nancy.

Maybe the next time you see someone spanking their kid, you can run up and punch the child to prove you can hit harder.

If you have to ask the question here, you already know you should consult the wife.

Personally I would have already bought them and put them on the shelf.
The wife don't really care what I spend money on as long as it's not cocain and hookers......

hope he made that decision since it has been 1 1/2 years since the last post....

Well in that case he has them on the new build running em........or divorced and paying...

We are cool like that? Who drudged up this old thread? Stalkers. Is someone still "butthurt" over the "road rage thread" incident today? I'm going to go ***** slap the husband real quick and when I return, there better not be any more stalking. Unless, this is about the waffles, which is more weird.

I would talk to her first,that is an awesome deal to pass up.When I WAS married,I would've just bought them.I would just have stuff shipped to friend's houses and work,then sneak them into garage in the middle of the night.I know I would at least like to know if my spouse was spending that kind of $.I say buy them but make sure you tell her,if she gets mad,she'll get over it,just don't ***** if she wants a new couch.

-
Back