Should I Keep the Old 904?

-

Lammio

Reaction score
I have the old 904 from my 68 Barracuda. It was replaced due to leaks and lots of metal shavings in the fluid. Is this worth keeping to have re-built at a later date? I've heard these 904's are getting hard to find. Thanks.

The short answer is yes and yes.
Why would you throw it away? They don't take up much room......

I wouldn't say there getting hard to find but if you have the room I would hold on to it. But that's just me. Its not like you could get much for it as is. Besides you never know what the future might bring, that's why we all have so much stuff! LOL

These are the reasons I already knew in my head but just wanted to hear them from someone else I guess. No it doesn't take up a lot of room but I'm limited on space so every inch counts. No I wouldn't just throw it away I would see that it went to a good home. My other thought was that if the time came when I needed it there would be better options available. Thanks for the thoughts.

Plug all the openings(kits available),give it a quick shot of paint, bag it, and throw it under the porch. 73 up are more desirable.It might be a parts tranny some day, Heh-heh.

At some point you might need a trans from a parts yard like LKQ. They are going to want a core exchange.

When I "did" HVAC service, I was in a couple of residential garages where there was..........

a car..........

a garden hose.........

and the garbage can......

AND NOTHING ELSE I have never understood how people live that way, LMAO

-
Back