Should I sell or not

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Well thought i would test the waters.Put the car on Kiji its free to sell your car.Well with in 1 hour I get a call and this guy witch is a fellow cruise night buff around here.Comes buy and loves the Dart.My price is Twenty three grand firm firm.I am sure he wants it Cindy says she is not to fawn of selling it.I told the buyer I dont want to part with it untill after out apple fest show Sept 25.Should i sell or not.This car put me 8 grand in the hole so after paying 8 off there is still 15 gessss left.I could find anouther car.

Just sell it... if you already posted it up and got a buyer its pretty shitty to back out....

Hey Don, did the guy agree to your price?? I havent seen your car, so it is hard to judge it from the pics I've seen and your posts. Im not saying that you could find a nicer car for 15 or 23 grand, but if your car is pretty much done and what you love is working on them then I would sell it. You yourself have seen some very very nice cars on here that are well within the 8-15k price range. Good luck and I would love to see it in person before you sell it. Good luck!!

I haven't a clue to why someone would sell their car they built while down the road they would dream of getting it back and talk about how they miss it. I was offered 25 g's for my Signet 10 years years ago and I am still glad I hadn't taken the offer even though the motor blew two months later.

For 23K I'd rip the guys arm off, buy me a '71 Cuda project and still have enough left over for a NICE A-body replacement... Thats just me....

Hey Don, did the guy agree to your price?? I havent seen your car, so it is hard to judge it from the pics I've seen and your posts. Im not saying that you could find a nicer car for 15 or 23 grand, but if your car is pretty much done and what you love is working on them then I would sell it. You yourself have seen some very very nice cars on here that are well within the 8-15k price range. Good luck and I would love to see it in person before you sell it. Good luck!!

ya he agrees on the price,being a California car she does not get much better.It still needs a rear bumper, door seals,small stuff.There is a 71 Swinger not to far away from us so.

They're only cars. How attached to it are you? Do you get more pleasure from driving it or building it?

In this economy $23K sounds like a good price. If you're both happy, why not?

I know what I'd do..... $$$$ =P~

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFGZufk4HFs"]YouTube - steve miller band take the money and run[/ame]

Wylde1.

Like others have said, if building the car brings you more pleasure sell it. Make sure you wont miss it though. If he doesnt buy yours send him for my Duster lol. Good luck!

I saw the ad, it is a sharp looking car. I have mine up as well and at least you got a firm offer..that is great. Your price is something your happy with or it wouldn't be listed and because it is listed you DO want to sell it. I say let her go and move on to something else. The last 4 or 5 years I have been getting some new every year LOL AND LOVE IT.

ya he agrees on the price,being a California car she does not get much better.It still needs a rear bumper, door seals,small stuff.There is a 71 Swinger not to far away from us so.

ok you asked, here's my 2 cents, ARE YOU FREAKING NUTS?????????????
you have a clean 69, why would you want to trade the best body style for the 2nd best?
in my opinion, that would be like going down on your cousin, sure it may taste the same, but it ain't freaking right.

They taste the same?

I like your car Snake, but it is your call, and your call only. Good luck either way.

(I wanna meet that cousin of yours mac daddy)

For an non original 340/383 69 Dart that is great money. It's an orignal 318 or /6 car right?

I don't know what the candian coversion rates are but that car would be tough at $15K in the US. Heck a guy sold an original all numbers orange 71 340 4spd Demon full original colored undercarriage and parts resto here for under $20K or $25K IIRC.

:-D:-D:-D:-D
For an non original 340/383 69 Dart that is great money. I don't know what the candian coversion rates are but that car would be tough at $15K in the US. Heck a guy sold an original all numbers orange 71 340 4spd Demon full original colored undercarriage and parts resto here for under $20K or $25K IIRC.

i here ya but up here in the rust belt its very hard to a very clean car,also 69 darts are very hard to come by.I am thinking hard guys,Cindy says we are in good shape money wize so dont freat about as little as 8 in the hole.shesss a great gale.:-D

:-D:-D:-D:-D

i here ya but up here in the rust belt its very hard to a very clean car,also 69 darts are very hard to come by.I am thinking hard guys,Cindy says we are in good shape money wize so dont freat about as little as 8 in the hole.shesss a great gale.:-D

That Demon sold to a guy in Bufallo NY. They still have roads up in Canada right? Cars will travel. Your Dart got there from So Cal somehow. Take the $23K and there was a 71 340 4spd dark blue Demon in So Cal that wouldn't pull $20K on Ebay. For $2K or so you could get it shipped.

If it was me Don, SOLD SOLD SOLD!! You will always find a rust free car, and you may find a numbers matching. But here is the thing, you may have to wait a while to find what you want....do you want to do without to find another one.....

23K is up in the NICE E and B-Body range... If this guy is on the hook I'd reel him in... That dart wouldnt bring anywhere close to 23K in the states...

had 5 guys wanting my Dart right after i got it back on the road.

One offered me REAL STUPID MONEY for it, but I wanted to get it as a feature in a magazine and turned him down.

Every day I think I should have taken the money and run. Engine bent pushrods 3 weeks later cruising down the interstate. Really should have taken the money

Now I would like to sell it to build a 69 hardtop. Where are those 5 guys now

another car, 1972 barracuda 318, auto, nice car. Bought it after selling my 70 340 B5 blue Challenger, tried to trade the cuda to get challenger back, but the Terry didn't want to pay the difference. 3 weeks after he got the Challenger it got rolled and he came with cash to buy the cuda, (what i wanted difference from the challenger and what he paid me for the challenger). Told him NO, but dad said, "You can always find another one like it". I was buying an selling a lot of cars at the time so no BIG DEAL and I sold it to him. I have never seen another 72 Barracuda like it since.

So if you like the car and are happy with it. Can afford it and don't want something else, you might want to keep it.

If you are a stand up guy, the buyer has cash in hand and is what you were asking for it then you really should sell it, but will always have sellers remorse, another long story

Good luck with what ever you do

Greenhornet..... why are you so stuck on B/E bodies for? The 'Cuda is one of the most over rated cars Chrysler ever built give me a 67-69 Barracuda notch any day over the big boat 70+ ... If you want a nice non A body go for a 60's wedge style car or Roadrunner or even Coronet....

And yes 23k for a car like that, that still needs stuff is amazing but if someone is willing to pay sell it and get another project going

I don't know you so please don't take this the wrong way. I really don't like it at all when people sell a car first and decide weather they really want to sell it second, especially when non refundable deposits have been paid. I'm sure this hasn't happened here but....This happend to me and a friend of mine this summer in the car corral ar Carlisle. I sucks more when you have purchased parts for the car you don't have. we should have pursued it legally, but didn't want the aggravation. I did think twice about physical pain but I'm way to nice for that. Lost some sleep over that one so I really try be careful of others feelings no mater what side of the transaction I'm on. The guy I bought my cuda from lied to me. It was much nicer than he said it was :-D What a great Guy.

Greenhornet..... why are you so stuck on B/E bodies for? The 'Cuda is one of the most over rated cars Chrysler ever built give me a 67-69 Barracuda notch any day over the big boat 70+ ... If you want a nice non A body go for a 60's wedge style car or Roadrunner or even Coronet....

And yes 23k for a car like that, that still needs stuff is amazing but if someone is willing to pay sell it and get another project going

Why does it matter what bodys I like??? Why are you so stuck on judgein' other peoples likes??? I've owned road runners, GTX's, coronets and chargers, never owned an E-Body so just don't lose any sleep over my personal likes and I wont lose any sleep over yours--- K????

Im just sick of everyone saying how sweet Hemi Cudas are.... when they are so so....
Now I will drop it

23K is good money. I can see you put your heart into that car so I understand why you are hesitating. I have 14K in my car and was having trouble getting 10K when I was thinking of selling. If someone offered you 23K I would jump on it. There are lots of nice cars you could pick up for a lot less.

-
Back