Signs you're getting old for Classic Car Owners

-
I just turned 59 3 days ago. "So far" I can still do everything I've always done, although it's much slower and a lot more painful. Although I can still get up off the floor, if Kitty is within earshot, I ain't too proud to ask for help. My hips, knees and ankles aren't the best anymore from years of alignment and suspension work. It takes its toll.

When you know you have 7 old Mopars but can only find 4!!

You carry that POS flip phone, so that when you crawl under that car... and can not get back up!!??

When you go out to the pasture looking for that 68 Hemi dart roller... and realize it was justa dream??

Last but not least...... Wife says " when was the last time you changed your jeans and underwear. You smell (and look like) like an OLD GUY!":BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: :rofl: :steering:
I have awoken from dreams more than once where I had a barn with my 71 Pontiac and 70 Duster and 69 Coronet that I used to own at various times. In my mind I still have them stored in a barn somewhere s

getting old.... when you consider buying an 12v to 110v inverter to power the heating pad under your tired bony ***

When it's nice out, you have cool cars... and nowhere to go to, during the day. So ya stay home.

When it's nice out, you have cool cars... and nowhere to go to, during the day. So ya stay home.
Thats the way it gets with harleys too...I ennd up just "going for a spin" out around and back not out all day like you would thingk the cars Ill go to the drag strip or car show/cruise etc.

getting old.... when you consider buying an 12v to 110v inverter to power the heating pad under your tired bony ***
Yup, the newer cars spoil us with the heated seats bottom and back

Do they make heated creepers?
:p

How's this...remember that charger I spoke of?

I'm laying downstairs on the couch and the duster is about 15 feet from me..
But there's no getting me up to grab a pic for you guys

All my socks are black, IMO white socks look goofy. I do the same when they wear out though, it's not being cheap it's being resourceful!
Oh ya! black socks make everything classy

1710198197956.png

:poke: :rofl:

My hips, knees and ankles aren't the best anymore from years of alignment and suspension work.
Get them things replaced. If your cars suspension was metal on metal you'd replace the bushings!

I am now just 62 I had both knees replaced last August. Best thing I ever did! I was on 24/7 OTC pain meds and could sometimes not walk 100 yards. Now no pain meds and walking is not a problem. It's A LOT of hard work and you HAVE to do the exercises and stretching. the full recovery time is a year so if you are a candidate for doing both at the same time do it, otherwise you will have a 2 year recovery

Last edited:
Oh ya! black socks make everything classy

View attachment 1716220286

:poke: :rofl:

Lol I wear the gold toe low-cut socks, occasionally with slip-on sandals but not really outside the house. More around the house or garage if I'm not wrenching. I just don't like how white socks look especially if I'm wearing shorts, apparently high-cut white socks are "in" with the teenagers these days but I can't stand it lol.

Get the them things replaced. If your cars suspension was metal on metal you'd replace the bushings!

I am now just 62 I had both knees replaced last August. Best thing I ever did! I was on 24/7 OTC pain meds and could sometimes not walk 100 yards. Now no pain meds and walking is not a problem. It's A LOT of hard work and you HAVE to do the exercises and stretching. the full recovery time is a year so if you are a candidate for doing both at the same time do it, otherwise you will have a 2 year recovery
I had my left knee replaced 2 years ago and it's still really stiff even with physio twice a week and stretching more at home with exercise.
And the weather has a lot to do with how it feels.
Additionally, it still feels foreign to me.
However, it's still better than the bone on bone I experienced before the operation, I had to wait until I was in my late '50s to have mine done after suffering with it for over 10 years with 2 scope jobs.
I cannot kneel on it at all.
And to add to the mix, my right side isn't that great after compensating for the right side for so long...
But, I'm getting by and still working full time!
And that, I can be thankful for...
BTW, I'm the same age as you are in a few months.

How's this...remember that charger I spoke of?

I'm laying downstairs on the couch and the duster is about 15 feet from me..
But there's no getting me up to grab a pic for you guys
I was thinking of something similar ,mustering up the ambition to spray one more coat of 2K primer then block sand it one last time...its worse in the winter I can take the heat of summer to a point but...

Ain't that the truth!!!
We live in a county that has one traffic light (so the schools kids don't have to manage a 4 way stop sign!). But it is highly populated compared to rural Missouri where I lived 37 years. I can't get in one of my old cars that some a**h*** ain't on MY *** since I don't need to cruise in one of my old cars 80 mph (in a 55 limit road). Driving old cars is supposed to be a pleasure NOT busting my *** to get nowhere.
There are days in get on the old car, and tell myself " maybe I should fix the turn signal,and the brake lights, and add the wiper motor...just in case I ever want to get an inspection and buy a current tag!"??????I do buy classic car insurance though!!!!!
Drive at night! Ha The new fangled halogens blind me........ bad!!!!!

Turning from the car to the toolbox knowing what I need and in that short amount of time it's....uhhhh?

Yeah, I'm 65. Arthritis in my hands back and knees. Still playing with cars. No lift so rolling around on kids interlocking 3x3 play mats so I can fit my fat *** under the car. Don't think I'll restore anymore cars unless I stumble upon a 71-72 Demon.

On a positive note being older means I take my time do it right, alot of pre planning gathering parts. There is no rushing or half assing it because I dont want to do it again.

-
Back