Single turbo 360

-
Thinking hard about the gt45 eBay turbo. Starting to look for early model magnum manifolds. Have a 750 do to convert . What brand waste gates? Something good and cheap. Lol. Do I nerd a bob. Will probably use a air to air inner cooler. What type fuel pump?
Motor is .030 over 360,maybe 9.1cr at most,j heads small valve,has dual plane on it.have a strip dominator also.msd 6al with factory dist.small cam 480 list .Unsure of brand and cl.904,low first gear,Manuel valve body and 8 3/4 with3.23. Car ran 13.40 on street tires with this setup

9:1 you can run Pump Fuel.

Thinking hard about the gt45 eBay turbo. Starting to look for early model magnum manifolds. Have a 750 do to convert . What brand waste gates? Something good and cheap. Lol. Do I nerd a bob. Will probably use a air to air inner cooler. What type fuel pump?
Motor is .030 over 360,maybe 9.1cr at most,j heads small valve,has dual plane on it.have a strip dominator also.msd 6al with factory dist.small cam 480 list .Unsure of brand and cl.904,low first gear,Manuel valve body and 8 3/4 with3.23. Car ran 13.40 on street tires with this setup

The gt45 is hard to beat for sure.

You don't have to go through the trouble of finding the early exhaust manifolds, any will do. The slightly larger exit of the early units won't be any better than the later ones. Speaking of exhaust size, don't build your crossover pipes (hotside going to turbo) out of anything bigger than 2.5". Actually, the smaller the better. I'm going to build mine out of 2", and believe me it will be plenty big. Besides, the turbo itself is the biggest restriction anyway.

You will need a bov. The injected guys can get away with it, but is a must for carbs.

As for your current setup, it looks good for a mild build. You will need to lose the dual plane intake, is the strip dominator a single plane? Also, you'll need a way to control timing, a boost timing master for example. How much boost are you planning to run? Low boost can be run without an intercooler on a blow thru setup.

These are the parts I'm looking at for a wastegate and bov.

Wastegate

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RS-SERIES-6...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5894513605&vxp=mtr

BOV

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GODSPEED-50...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b9b27b46&vxp=mtr

Treed!

Haha, looks like I've made a good choice then.

Btw the wastegate is available with as low as 5psi springs (one I listed), if you want to run that low.

Yeah they come with multiple springs. I ended up with the 5lb springs in mine. It all depends how you route your exhaust into the Gate. I teed off and most that do that can get about 12-14PSI boost out of a 5lb spring. If you mount the gate in the stream of the exhaust flow at an angle then the springs should work as they are labeled. I do have an Electronic Boost Controller that tees into the lines so I can fine tune it a lil better.

I was just planning on running off the gate at first(5 psi), then maybe a boost controller. Baby steps, lol.

I was just planning on running off the gate at first(5 psi), then maybe a boost controller. Baby steps, lol.

The EBC is hooked to my ECU.... Remember I am EFI.

I did end up buying one of these here and it is still in the box when I was going Blow Thru........

Dial a Boost..... Yeah buddy!! I bench tested this part and with a 5lb spring I was able to hold From 5-40PSI easily by just dialing it up. I did not go any more than that cause I did not want to pop a diaphragm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Hallm...Parts_Accessories&hash=item589f6342b3&vxp=mtr

Will go low boost to start. Have a old nitrous motor in wife Coronet. 360 forged dished pistons,pocket ported j heads,2.02 ,solid,and a port o sonic.This motor rn 11.30 street trim in my 280z

Ordered Gt45 today. Got it for $235 with free shipping and heat cover. The exhaust inlet is divided.Do i need a divided flange or does it matter?

Got the turbo and a spectra hat.Just ordered t4 flange,oil fittings,and BOV. About to order wastegate.

BOV,flange,oil fittings,and exhaust flange are here.Waiting on waste gate to come in.Picked up a BTM MSD6 for $200, Aeromotive regulater and a sumped stock tank. Also picked up some magnum manifolds.Couple more parts and Destin's turbo project will be started

Got a 60mm wastegate from vs racing and a a1000 aeromotive pump. Installed magnum manifolds. Had to shim driver side up a little to make engine level and clear steering shaft. Started hot side.

some pics

Attachments

• d152.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 1,193
  • 05ds.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,143
  • 6sth.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,111
  • u4zl.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,072
more pics

Attachments

• t1x5.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,081
  • gh9v.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,071
What size pics do yall normally post? Used image shack . This was for websites?

You're killin' me, Smalls.

hamiltonhamporter.jpg

Ok, that hurts my eyes!

I use shrinkpictures.com if any pictures are too big. This is the settings I choose. Pictures come out nice, big and clear. That is just a screen shot there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-31 at 8.35.47 PM.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,141
try it again

Attachments

• t9.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,130
  • t8.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,512
  • t7.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,135
  • t6.jpg