Single turbo 360

-
That's what I'm talkin about. Looking great! I bet you're starting to get excited.

Little more done

Attachments

• t10.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,228
  • t11.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,197
  • t12.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,601
Sweet! Cool to know that those manifolds fit backwards.

Have you or do you think you'll need to do any cutting with the single turbo?

It would be very useful if when you post photos you itemize what you did and what parts. Is that el on the exhaust out of the turbo a store bought el? How about the reducer?? coming out of the turbo?

The 4 to 3.5 exhaust reducer,90 degree ,45 degree and 3.5 tubing was bought from a local big truck supply house.flex joint from local autoparts store. Rest is left over header kit parts.

MuuMuu101, All work was done without any cutting to car.Had to shim driver side mount to get motor level and did some clearence on driver side exhaust manifold

The 4 to 3.5 exhaust reducer,90 degree ,45 degree and 3.5 tubing was bought from a local big truck supply house.flex joint from local autoparts store. Rest is left over header kit parts.

Thanks much. Have you checked the hood will close, LOL?

Yes it clears hood. Hood is glass. Doesn't have supports like steel

Nice work! Gives me some more ideas on a hot side setup. Looks like power steering is not an option when using magnum manifolds, guess I will be swapping out the steering box.

Attachments

• aspen1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,128
If i didnt have the manifolds I would have got some dakota headers.manifolds are tight on driver side around steering shaft. Had to shim driver side mount to clear.

Got to work on car for labor day weekend and got a lot done. Relocated battery,installed tank,fuel system,intake and carb, reinstalled piping and turbo after powder coating,exhaust wrap,boost and afr gauge,msd 6btm, and cranked it up. Still waiting on piping to finish cold side and mount bov. Afr is super rich at idle 10.9 and goes to 10 when throttle is opened. Any suggestions on timing? Distributor is locked. Carb is 600 dp with hanger 18 mods. 67 primary,78 secondary,29 primary squirter,35 secondary, and a 6.5 pv. Tried plugging pv but no change on idle afr. Needs exhaust . To loud for me. Have to look for a good muffler

Attachments

• t14.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,123
  • t15.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,074
  • t16.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,108
  • t13.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,421
Powervalve has nothing to do with idle. Back your idle adjustments screws down till you get the right afr.

You've done your homework. I like the vent extensions, they made a big difference in my last build when I was struggling to get it rich enough. What was the timing set to before starting the turbo build? How much boost are you planning to run?

Looks great btw!!

Had timing @ 32 NA. Any more and it would blow the tires away. Put the 2000 stall convertor and Cal tracs .That made the tire spin worse. Have some 28x10.5w slicks for it.Think we found rich condition after changing carbs. Found fuel pressure was high.Gauge showed 7 psi.Lowered after putting 850 and changed gauge .After changing the gauge the fuel pressure was still at 8.5 psi.Lowered to 6 with new gauge.Afr went up to 13.0 and was alot more crisp. Motor likes the 850 AD.Set timing @ 30. Have to make sure the msd will take timing out under boost.lol Only hits about 6psi on our test run

Put 600 dp on and got idle afr at 14.5 to 14.8, cruise high 13s, and wot 10.2. Set timing retard at 2* per pound and popped,set at 3* and popped, went to 1* and ran clean.Going to work on wot next.:thumblef:

Just curious what rpm it start to produce boost and how much boost you have total?

All and all what do you think the total cost was for this fine jem..........

Thanks.........................................PETE..................................

-
Back