Single Turbo Blow through Small Block Kits???

-
Man this thread sounds a lot like the one that the clown crying about the price of r&p tube front ends. He was a new member also, was going to build a better fronted and offer it cheaper then the ones out there. Funny he seems to have disappeared and won't reply to the thread.

I'd be interested in just the hotside and downpipe. I'm guessing you're gonna set it up for a T4 turbo?

Yes sir it will be setup with a t-4 flange. since a t-3 and a t-4 share the same center cartridge you can run any compressor you see fit, you may also callout your exhaust A/R if you know what wheel you would like to run to set you up with a exhaust housing.

Joe,
You may, or may not be interested in my Vortech supercharged 360 Magunm build that runs approximately 116mph in 11.50s in a '72 Valiant 4-door sedan, at sea level. I wish I had turbocharged it instead, but I have no welding skills, and this was a do-it-yourself project, so I needed something I could bolt together. The engine is bone stock, including head gaskets, except for some very minimal bowl porting (no gasket matching, even, except for the valve train which includes a very mild Hughesperformance cam, stock roller lifters, and some heavy duty pushrods, springs and Crane aluminum roller rockers.)

The intake is a Power Products Air-Gap copy; the carb is a Carb Shop modified blow-thru 750 Holley d.p.

TTI headers and exhaust (2.5") H-pipe.

445 rwhp and commensurate torque.

Like I sed, stock everything else.

Snowperformance Boost Cooler meth injection; MSD BoostMaster ignition (analog.)

Here are some pictures.

Here are some pix....

The engine went from 260 rwhp to 445 rwhp with ten pounds of boost and changing from early 340 ex. manifolds to TTI headers (oh, and the P-Products intake which replaced an M-P dual plane.)

I really does feel like a big block through the mid rpm's. LOL!

Holy cow!!!!! Clean up that wiring before that burns to the ground man.

Man this thread sounds a lot like the one that the clown crying about the price of r&p tube front ends. He was a new member also, was going to build a better fronted and offer it cheaper then the ones out there. Funny he seems to have disappeared and won't reply to the thread.

I don't have any problems replying if you have something construtive to say :)

There is alot more to adding a turbo than just headers and the turbo. Heads come into play as well as the ever so important cam choice. There are alot of factors that need to come together than just slapping a turbo onto a engine. Gonna be hard to confirm exact horsepower numbers for a given setup unless you provide a complete top end and cam selection.

Your absolutely correct, This is where realistic power goals and I can not preach enough SUPPORTING MODIFICATIONS come into play.

Yes sir it will be setup with a t-4 flange. since a t-3 and a t-4 share the same center cartridge you can run any compressor you see fit, you may also callout your exhaust A/R if you know what wheel you would like to run to set you up with a exhaust housing.

I already have a Bullseye S372R with a 1.00A/R turbine housing. IIRC its got a 75mm turbine exducer

Don't be like that Joe.. Seems like you always have all the answers to everything when someone comes with a new idea... But you are correct about Tshell (Tory) and his Kframes.. I bought into that hype and he never came though after he gave me a completion date.

Oh trust me I don't have all the answers and never claimed to. Im just very cautious when a new guy pops in here with all these new low price latest and greatest ideas. It's different if it was a long term member. But when its a new member more often then not it winds up like that clown with the k-frames. Build the kit then market it. These guys always seem to get everyone's hopes up then disappear or don't come through.

I'll put a different way. I'll believe it when I see it. Better?

And come on man admit it. This thread is very similar to that k-frame thread.

I already have a Bullseye S372R with a 1.00A/R turbine housing. IIRC its got a 75mm turbine exducer

Ok... Sounds like in your case you need just a header/manifold and downpipe? I would like to offer the downpipe as a v-band setup, If you got a downpipe with an extra v-band collar could you handle tig welding that to your housing?

Oh trust me I don't have all the answers and never claimed to. Im just very cautious when a new guy pops in here with all these new low price latest and greatest ideas. It's different if it was a long term member. But when its a new member more often then not it winds up like that clown with the k-frames. Build the kit then market it. These guys always seem to get everyone's hopes up then disappear or don't come through.

I'll put a different way. I'll believe it when I see it. Better?

And come on man admit it. This thread is very similar to that k-frame thread.

It sure does Joe.. I hope turbo guys comes though though. I have faith! lol

Turbojoe are you going to offering correct size oil pumps and lines with this kit?

Turbojoe are you going to offering correct size oil pumps and lines with this kit?

At this point I plan to offer all plumbing to run this kit I would like to offer oil pans on an exchange basis for turbo oil drain back, I still need more feedback to see what the majority wants. It may come down to only 3 people want a header /manifold and that may be it for awhile. As for Oil pumps your oil pump will do the job nicely, It may even require a oil restrictor in the oil feed line,some do some don't we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

so do i because..

1) a turbo would be cool as hell on my car

2) getting of threads like this turning out to be a waste of time..:)

How about this... I will post enough pictures and tech that if this does not go into production that you or a friend or anyone else for that matter can copy what I have done. My goal is simple get people out there having fun, I'm not trying to start a business I have a day job I just want to help if I can:)

I hope no one takes offense to this. You might have already hung yourself out to dry by mentioning $$. A while back this thread http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=69815 was started. The op is a top notch header builder.There was alot of interest until they found out hese premium headers were going to cost. Don't know how to word this, but very few people are willing to pay what something is truly worth. They want a specialty made header for the price of a pair of Black Jacks. It does not matter that this guy spends countless hours building 1 set of headers that both fits and works as they should. I pm'ed a member here whose uncle has used this guy, and this member told me that the headers on his uncles car are the nicest fitting set of headers he has ever seen, bar none. Does not matter, nobody wants to spend the money. No doubt you will get some takers, but do not be surprised at the sh.t storm that is going to happen if you don't come thru, or the price you mentioned is higher than what you said.....That being said, I hope you do make it happen. You asked if I had a picture of the motor plate in my car, sadly I do not.

I hope no one takes offense to this. You might have already hung yourself out to dry by mentioning $$. A while back this thread http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=69815 was started. The op is a top notch header builder.There was alot of interest until they found out hese premium headers were going to cost. Don't know how to word this, but very few people are willing to pay what something is truly worth. They want a specialty made header for the price of a pair of Black Jacks. It does not matter that this guy spends countless hours building 1 set of headers that both fits and works as they should. I pm'ed a member here whose uncle has used this guy, and this member told me that the headers on his uncles car are the nicest fitting set of headers he has ever seen, bar none. Does not matter, nobody wants to spend the money. No doubt you will get some takers, but do not be surprised at the sh.t storm that is going to happen if you don't come thru, or the price you mentioned is higher than what you said.....That being said, I hope you do make it happen. You asked if I had a picture of the motor plate in my car, sadly I do not.

No offence taken. That's why I won't put a specific $ amount until I know what it costs me first, I want it to be inexpensive even if the profit margin is low, But I can't just give it away. Paxton Procharger Vortech etc is not cheap and some people can't or won't by it. But I'm glad you brought this up :) I can't sell this for blackjack money. If you do dig up a pick send it along I would like to see it.

I can tell you I have nearly $600 in the hotside including the 5" downpipe I purchased from MadDart. Thats just the materials including all the 3" mild steel .067" thickness mandrel bends(two 7 piece kits), 6-3" V-band clamps, 6-3" V-band flange kits, Jegster header kit and header flanges. Plus a minimum of 15 hours in fabbing!

This is mild steel, imagine if I used Stainless! Bet it would have been triple the cost on the materials!

I can tell you I have nearly $600 in the hotside including the 5" downpipe I purchased from MadDart. Thats just the materials including all the 3" mild steel .067" thickness mandrel bends(two 7 piece kits), 6-3" V-band clamps, 6-3" V-band flange kits, Jegster header kit and header flanges. Plus a minimum of 15 hours in fabbing!

This is mild steel, imagine if I used Stainless! Bet it would have been triple the cost on the materials!

I totally belive it. The header I made for blow through vw daily driver started as a used off the shelf header and I had $300 in that. The down pipe is all stainless with a v band and that was $120 of it, For a short stubby pipe with a 90 in it not cheap at all.

how is it that the vendor that sells the single kit for our cars sells it for $3k if all this fab work and materials is so pricey?

blowers suck up power because the engine has to physically move the gear to greate boost, turbos make free power using what the engine wastes, exhaust. turbos are nothing but + numbers, theres definatly no loss. either way anything forced induction is going to but way up im power, unless theres something seriously wrong.
Depending on the model and style, it can be as little as 5 HP or as much as a whoooping, now what did the John Force camp say... 300 HP, but in order to make 5,000....

It really doesn't work the way you think. Off boost a turbo system is very free flowing they have to be or else they would be even more lag than usual. If you have a properly sized turbo setup you will have some lag, You will never notice a restriction off boost even with a back pressure gauge. And when the boost comes on you'll never worry about that again :)
I guess I'm missing something here. Or I convied my message wrong.
If the turbo is surplying pressure, it has to push the air into the engine. In order to push the air into the engine, the impella must turn. While the pressure builds in the engine, it becomes harder to turn, which requires more force, which comes from the exhaust, which spins the impella , and to do so to overcome the prssure inside the engine, it must make more power on one side than the otherside in order to spin the impella.

Do I make sense, I know I'm not spellin right tonight. I'm minutes away from work tonight allready beat.

OK, in a nut shell, a turbo's power is not free, no way no how do I beileve it. Impossible.
This is like the forever energy. Allways in motion. Perpetual? Almost.

how is it that the vendor that sells the single kit for our cars sells it for $3k if all this fab work and materials is so pricey?
Because no one else is doingit.

Depending on the model and style, it can be as little as 5 HP or as much as a whoooping, now what did the John Force camp say... 300 HP, but in order to make 5,000....

I guess I'm missing something here. Or I convied my message wrong.
If the turbo is surplying pressure, it has to push the air into the engine. In order to push the air into the engine, the impella must turn. While the pressure builds in the engine, it becomes harder to turn, which requires more force, which comes from the exhaust, which spins the impella , and to do so to overcome the prssure inside the engine, it must make more power on one side than the otherside in order to spin the impella.

Do I make sense, I know I'm not spellin right tonight. I'm minutes away from work tonight allready beat.

OK, in a nut shell, a turbo's power is not free, no way no how do I beileve it. Impossible.
This is like the forever energy. Allways in motion. Perpetual? Almost.

Because no one else is doingit.

I think I see what your saying, I could see pumping losses while packing the cyliders full of air and fuel for either a turbo or a supercharger, The way that I look at how a turbo works is one of those spinning angel candle x mas things The rising heat from the candles spins the fan thingy ( thingy is the technical term ) there is no wind or blowing air the heat does the work. I hope that makes sence? And I wish I new what that thingy is called but I dont. If exhaust was cold it wouldn't work the same and it would take an equal amount of exhaust pressure to make intake pressure ( that would be your pepetual motion problem ) I hope this answears your question??? Without the wasted free engine heat turbos would not work.

Ok... Sounds like in your case you need just a header/manifold and downpipe? I would like to offer the downpipe as a v-band setup, If you got a downpipe with an extra v-band collar could you handle tig welding that to your housing?

The bullseye turbo is a Borg warner S300 and already has a vband flange on the turbine housing. And from what I've read, they run a certain style v-band on them. IIRC they are 20 degree taper and 3.5"s. Where in CA are you? And FWIW my Duster is gonna be manual steering and brakes. I got some more questions for you, but I'll pm you about them

-
Back