Single Turbo Blow through Small Block Kits???

-
I called rps today and received a $3200 quote for the complete kit... He didn't mention anything about the alt being relocated. He did talk about upgrading my fuel system and days I can get a turbo upgrade for around $500... I'm looking for a kit like what he sells but I don't want to replace my alt.

So per your conversation with them, what does a complete kit come with?

If you look RPS is now on here So you could Probably ask him Yourself :happy3:

The reason I am asking USCG is because a complete kit is subjective or different from one buyer to another. If another person calls they will no doubt have a different recipe with a different price.

The reason I am asking USCG is because a complete kit is subjective or different from one buyer to another. If another person calls they will no doubt have a different recipe with a different price.

Oh gotcha.

real cheap kit for a 67 and up: U bend for the passenger exhaust manifold, under the motor bend from the driver side to passenger side to a 2:1 T4 flange collector, mount the turbo on the flange next to the passenger valve cover, run a 3" downpipe to stock exhaust routing and the turbo intake to a cone style filter. Inexpensive carb hat and aluminum piping, assorted oil and water line taps and directions for a boost referenced fuel pump (boost pressure to the pump weep hole) and PVR drill sizes. Could probably get it under 500 bucks (150 Ebay turbo, 50 flange, 50 in exhaust work, 50 for turbo piping, 75 for carb hat, 25 in fittings, 25 gaskets, 50 shipping) the rest is profit and legal defense fund......

real cheap kit for a 67 and up: U bend for the passenger exhaust manifold, under the motor bend from the driver side to passenger side to a 2:1 T4 flange collector, mount the turbo on the flange next to the passenger valve cover, run a 3" downpipe to stock exhaust routing and the turbo intake to a cone style filter. Inexpensive carb hat and aluminum piping, assorted oil and water line taps and directions for a boost referenced fuel pump (boost pressure to the pump weep hole) and PVR drill sizes. Could probably get it under 500 bucks (150 Ebay turbo, 50 flange, 50 in exhaust work, 50 for turbo piping, 75 for carb hat, 25 in fittings, 25 gaskets, 50 shipping) the rest is profit and legal defense fund......

Does this mean there will be another turbo car out playing soon???

Cheap Skates always want top $$$$ R&D'd products for chump change..then they want a warranty on top of it all....good luck getting any sales or any Kudos with most of these guys....most of them think turbo headers should cost as much as A-body heddmans.

i agree. thats mopar guys for sure. just look at any tti thread, , early abody header thread, any tube front end thread, any wire harness thread and now turbo thread.. lmao... bottom line is ya wanna play ya gotta pay. nothing about this hobby is cheap.. those days are long gone.

Does this mean there will be another turbo car out playing soon???

I got a teen in the wings and a T/A draw through setup that I may adapt, or go my listed plan. Might just bench build it and off it to some lazy guy with a checkbook.

I got a teen in the wings and a T/A draw through setup that I may adapt, or go my listed plan. Might just bench build it and off it to some lazy guy with a checkbook.

Sounds good, Where did you pickup one of those T/A deals from? Theres a picture of one of those in almost every turbo book ever written... lol

Hey there, Things went well this morning and I decided on the turbo for my combo, Now that its sitting on my desk I need to make plans to get my wife out of the Duster for a little while and start mocking this thing up.I talked to a Dyno shop next door to work to get some base line numbers for everyone but they are booked solid till next week maybe thursday or friday, $80 for 3 runs or $100 with A/F I was not going to get A/F for base line numbers but I thought you guys might like to know how it changes jetting with and without boost.

Stay tuned,
Joe

Paxton/Vortech just installed one of there blow thru systems on my mellow 360 mystery motor in my 69 Plymouth Valiant and it is a blast to drive! My car went 12.80 at 104mph at Mopars at the Strip 2 years ago without the Paxton so it should be in the high 11's now. The car drives great also with no weirdness, the new power bonnet is way better then the old box and even better then a hat!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,162
Paxton/Vortech just installed one of there blow thru systems on my mellow 360 mystery motor in my 69 Plymouth Valiant and it is a blast to drive! My car went 12.80 at 104mph at Mopars at the Strip 2 years ago without the Paxton so it should be in the high 11's now. The car drives great also with no weirdness, the new power bonnet is way better then the old box and even better then a hat!

what paxton is that??? is that the novi 1200 kit??? i see your not running an intercooler?? are you going to run meth injection???? are you on pump gas??? how much boost??

That looks like fun :happy7: What are you running for fuel if I may ask?

It is running a conservative 7lbs of boost on 91 octane pump gas and it made 90 more hp to the wheels on the dyno. My convertor was to loose so it would only rev to 5200. I sent my convertor to PTC and they swapped it out for a 10" 2800 stall, now the car feels like it has an extra 150hp! It is sooo fun to drive. The new bonnet is way better then the box they used to have so the car is totally driveable with no goofy surging and what not. Look for a full write up in Mopar Muscle.

Hey there, I am still collecting parts... I have chosen the turbo that I am going to use for my combo, I picked up a TO4 74mm inducer 102mm exducer cold side 1.05 hot side, Should be plenty for my goals of 600 rwhp. By accident I picked up a mega squirt (did some horse trading) so now I have more parts to gather... Need to wait for more money but im chipping away at it as often as I can afford.

Joe.

Hey Joe, as soon as you get the hot side built and ready for turbo install, would you please put a few pics up? I REALLY liked the look of those stainless headers with the v-band set up, but wanna see what you put together to compare. I too am looking to get 600rwhp from a small block. I'll figure out which one when I get a donor car for the upgraded stuff I need first. Thanks

Hey Joe, as soon as you get the hot side built and ready for turbo install, would you please put a few pics up? I REALLY liked the look of those stainless headers with the v-band set up, but wanna see what you put together to compare. I too am looking to get 600rwhp from a small block. I'll figure out which one when I get a donor car for the upgraded stuff I need first. Thanks

Im probably going to stay away from stainless altogether, Its cost would be a good $400 more than a mild steel setup.

Hey everybody, So far I have most of the parts to mock up th hotside for my Duster, Sorry to say I may be moving on to another project. Im just not in love with this car, And the couple of people that have showed interest locally for turbo work both have flaked out. Im still intersested in putting something together for someone locally but I cannot afford to gear up for production If its just for me right now. The headers will be the same for all of our a bodies which is nice, But the down pipe will be diffrent from car to car if we are not going to do any cutting which makes that difficult for most without fabricaition skills to do this themselves, there is not alot of room for a downpipe in the first place and diffrent turbos will not let it exit in the same spot on all cars, Let alone motor mounts and cylinder heads.

Joe

I guess that means you don't have plans to build the headers. Go where your heart tell ya. I won't ask you to do something that your heart isn't into when it comes to a hobby. That is why we have hobbies; to satisfy some box that is empty and shouldn't be.

Hey everyone, My Duster is up for sale in the classifieds, I have my eye on a 68 Dart so this thread might not be dead after all...

Joe

-
Back