skips 69 swinger resto

-
Well got it sitting on some rubber again and it sure feels good.Fired it up and short of 1 carb fire till I got the timing sorted out it went pretty smooth.
Sounds awsome,wish there wasn,t 3 ft of snow in front of the door.Managed to sqeeze some 255 50R 17 Nitto Invo rubber in the rear(stock spring mounts) and 225 45R 17 on the front, I think it looks pretty good with the Billit Specialties "Vintec" wheels,was a little nervous with my choice but it still maintains its classic look with some modern rubber.also nice to have 27" tall rubber to keep the revs down on the highway.Going to do the final polish on the paint this weekend and attach a bit of trim and she,s good to go:cheers:

black one 104.jpg

black one 092.jpg

black one 093.jpg

black one 094.jpg

black one 095.jpg

black one 097.jpg

black one 098.jpg

black one 100.jpg

black one 102.jpg

black one 103.jpg

wow Skip she turned out Gorgeous! I better see her fine *** at performance world lol...definatly one of the cleanest 67-69 darts ive seen...you did a helluva job on it, and the black is just gorgeous....congrats!

Lookin' real good, I gotta get my act together and call your bud in Stratford, before he gets too busy, that's some fine work.
I'll be at Performance World also (March 12-15), I'll be selling tickets for this years car draw (New Hamburg optimist club) for Moparfest.

http://www.performanceworldcarshow.com/index.php

See you there.
Giles

Thanks for your compliments on the car from all you guys, its been a long haul and it makes one feel good when the A body community out there likes what you did.
I will be playing with the ride hieght a bit but the super stock spring setup makes it hard to drop er down any more in the back,already flipped the front spring hangers and that did help ,it may settle a bit over time.Not to worried , I guess its the old school coming out in me.
It will be at the performance world Moparfest display for its first outing,stop by for a chat if you can.
I will post another pic when its finished with the flat black swinger stripe on it.

If I didn't already have one....this would make me want one!!!!

Ill be at performance world so ill come by and visit your sweet black dart and Giles as well since he'll be there too...once again great work...whats happening with your green dart?

Sweeeeeet .. When you get a moment, what's backspacing on your wheels ? I'm running a similar package but 16's, had to use tubular LCA's to get front clearance but will be going 17's on next project due to tire availability (16's are about history) Thanks.

MShred -the green one is going to the paint guy in the next few weeks and he is going to give er a new coat of F6 green then I will slowly put it back together.I have to take time to recover as I blew the budget on the black one.

Rebeldart, beutiful dart in your avatar.The rear wheels are 17x8 with 4.5 backspace, I should have gone with 4.75 back space and the 255,s would have been exactly centered between the spring and the qrtr lip, right now I am favouring the quarter lip,the fronts are 17x7 with 4.25 back space that give lots of alround clearance with the tire combo I am running ,comes close to stabilizer bar on a sharp turn but does not touch,could even have gone with 4.5 bs and had no real issues.But every car is a bit different and this is what worked for me.
Cheers

Nice attention to detail on that black car. Very well done. Can't wait for the video clip of it going sideways!!!

Smokin Skip, absolutely stunning, you should be vary proud of the work.. I also almost have mine done, and cant wait for 1st spring power pass here in sconny!!!

I enjoyed seeing your work. Very nicely done.

Man, you suck! Just kidding, :-D

Skip, I know it's been said already, but that is one awesome Dart. Outstanding!!!

Thats about it for this one,dropped the front down a bit more but I think thats about it - have to be mindfull of the oil pan on the local roads.
Hope you guys don,t mind a few more pics.
Thanks for all the kind compliments from everyone.

black one 107.jpg

black one 108.jpg

black one 117.jpg

black one 119.jpg

-
Back