Slant 727 WIW

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Local guy has a slant 727 transmission he's thinking of selling. From his description it sounds like a long tailshaft, probably out of a truck. Before making an offer, trying to get an idea of what it's worth. I'm figuring it's a core and needs a rebuild.

i guess that depends, i found a local Criags ad for a /6+trans for $450 obo. TBH i would start at $200, taking into account it may need a rebuild. i would pay more if is the aluminum version of the A727, but that is just me.

wow, i have 3 727 out of 340 cars, and i cannot get 200 each!. and one has a manual shift

dont waste your money...

just like all the SB guys will tell you its a waste of power...

leave it and rebuild a 904 and be alot happier...

They're not particularly hard to find. Just about all the pickups and vans had them. Someone needing their truck back on the road would pay a lot more than someone buying it as a novelty. I charge $200 for a good used one with a 90 day guarantee and $75 for a core to build. The bolt-on flange type is another $25.

I say it's worth nothing but scrap price. The 904 is plenty stout for anything you'll ever do with a slant and the 727 will sap power from a slant that it desperately needs.

I say it's worth nothing but scrap price. The 904 is plenty stout for anything you'll ever do with a slant and the 727 will sap power from a slant that it desperately needs.

The built them for a good reason, the trucks and heavier cars need them. Light cars do okay with the 904.

I want a 518 myself but there are none with a /6 bell. The Ultra Bell guy has no interest in making a Slant 6 one either.

It's not a dead post for a newbie. Info is info regardless of when it was written.

Cause he's lookin for an arguement.

No. I just wanted people to know that there was a good use for them and they should not needlessly be scrapped. All the internals are the same and you could also saw off the bellhousing and put an UltraBell on if so inclined (i.e., you needed SFI housing and were going to cut a 727 anyway.)

No. I just wanted people to know that there was a good use for them and they should not needlessly be scrapped. All the internals are the same and you could also saw off the bellhousing and put an UltraBell on if so inclined (i.e., you needed SFI housing and were going to cut a 727 anyway.)

or do the same thing to a 904 and instantly gain 25 or so hp

I don't se where anybody said to scrap it. It was asked what it was worth. Scrap price is it.

Xs2. I don't see anyone asking what can it be used for either. WIW probably won't draw members in that would modify it. Posting a NEW thread about how to modify it would draw attention.

modify it for what? small blocks and big blocks have there own trans and the 904 can be built to handle 8 second hemi's so i dont see where the 727 behind a slant is anywhere relevant... and then the weight!

I don't know either,but I'll be able to give a better idea when I pick up my 727 shifted Buzzin Half Dozen tomorrow !!!!:blob::blob::blob:

It's not a dead post for a newbie. Info is info regardless of when it was written.

This.

Why do people get bent out of shape over old posts coming back up? It's not like this forum is so popular that a post like this is going to knock new stuff off the front page. Maybe someone perusing through here was wondering what a 727 is worth? Easier to see it here than search back years for it.

I sold my slant six 727 a few years back for $20 :headbang:

-
Back