Slant six race

-

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
I am trying to set up a slant six race at Silver Dollar Raceway, in Reynolds Georgia. Available dates are: April 24, May 8, June 26, Aug 14, and Oct 23. It is dial your own bracket racing, just against other slant powered cars. The only rules are:
1) Engine must be a Chrysler Slant Six
2) Meet NHRA safety rules for for elapsed time
3) Run what you brung and have fun.

Entry would be $10 per person at the gate, and we would do our own tech cards (car entry) and purse, for an amount to be determined.
Anyone interested please post, with date preferred.

April or October OK with me looks like Kerney is going to be Aug 14th. If either of those 2 dates we will be there.
Thanks for putting the race together Charrlie. See ya Monday next.
Frank

Since I only live 20 mins from Reynolds, GA any of the dates are ok by me.

Later,
Bruce B.

OK, I'll keep you posted. Pass the word to any other slanters in your area. The more cars the more fun.

Unfortunatly Slant six's are not very popular in this area other than for scrap weight! I think I am the only Slant Six Owner/Driver within 150 mile radius! BUT I will be there.

Later,
Bruce B.

A trip down to Reynolds Georgia to learn and meet everyone even if the date is to early for Victoria to make the trip, I will keep an eye on this thread:happy10: There is allot to learn about these leaning towers :cheers:
Thank you for putting this together Charrlie_S 8)

This is super. If y'all get it together I would come and watch. Maybe I can get up a supper for everyone and have a FABO mini meet!
C

OK, folks. We have a confirmed race date. Oct 23rd 2010. NOW, lets have a race. Let all the slanters in your area know. Doesn't have to be a race car. Any one that can help with a purse, would be appreciated.

I will be seeing you soon Charlie. Hope to make this race. I think Dodge Girls Duster would like the ride. The new 8 1/4 WITH 2.54 cruzer gear!!!8)
I will keep an eye on the post.

Way to go, Charrlie! I'll see if our local Mopar club will post the date in the monthly newsletter.
C

man, I wished that was more closer to NY. I would have entered if it was close. that sounds very fun

*Bump for the Spirit of the Slant 6*

this sounds like a good fun weekend....Hopefully I will be able to attend, maybe bring on the waggin, chain your doors on bruce!!!!:cheers:

man, I wished that was more closer to NY. I would have entered if it was close. that sounds very fun

*Bump for the Spirit of the Slant 6*

This is short notice, but there is a Slant Six Race this weekend at Mason Dixon Dragway, in Hargarstown Md. Looks like there will be somewhere around 20 cars. I am trying to make it, but still have things to do, and it is almost a 1,000 mile tow each way. Here is a link to a thread about the race.
http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38550

-
Back