Small block 340 engine for sale and some questions...

-
Guys stroke 340's all the time: besides the cast crank what's the diff? 40 thou and a few inches displacement?

Guys stroke 340's all the time: besides the cast crank what's the diff? 40 thou and a few inches displacement?
The other way to look at it is what's the difference between a 426 hemi Cuda and a 426 hemi clone. there was one original small block Mopar top dog it was the 340. Yes you can build a 360 the same basically as a 340 but it will never be a 340 and to some people that's worth the extra money .

Last edited:
Years ago if u had a 340 u were well respected. Their ain’t nothing like the aura of a 340. Only other engine with more respect was the 426 Hemi. A 360 not so much. Kim

Years ago if u had a 340 u were well respected. Their ain’t nothing like the aura of a 340. Only other engine with more respect was the 426 Hemi. A 360 not so much. Kim

only reason a 360 got a bad name back in the day was because it was considered a smog motor and there weren't any off the shelf aftermarket pistons back then. all that's changed over the years though.

That’s true. I’ll still always like the 340 better. I have ran many 360s in various performance stages from mild to wild. I am not a 360 hater. Kim

-
Back