So far so good!

-

Fishthatkills

Fish that kills
Reaction score
Well Wanda has come a long way since I dragged her out of a field almost 18 years ago. Just started working on her in September 2008. Did manage to get her under her own power day after Thanksgiving 2008 and road worthy and legal March 2009.

Still many things to do and problems to solve but she is coming together.

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

Wanda is coming along.jpg

Nice car John. Better late than never. Are you going to clear that paint or is that just the primer? I kind of like the look as it sits.

Here are some more photo's of Wanda. She is rattle can primer for now in a Hotrod grey. the real paint job is way off in the future. AQll it takes is money and time right?

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

Wanda's Interior.jpg

Wanda's dash.jpg

More interior.jpg

Engine.jpg

that looks like it is in pretty good shape! I like the looks of it as it sits as well.

The interior is looking good. I never minded driving a car in primer if the interior was nice, clean and comfortable…. Probably why I always redo the interior first.

Love the bench seat. Don't see many of those in a Barracuda. Makes it easy to pull the lady close.

I like the split bench as well. It's all original too. All I have done is a deep cleaning. Lot's of elbow grease.

John B.

Nice car! Bench seats are cool! Now make an SOB turn with your wife or GF....Slide Over Babe!!!

My plan is to replace the 273/2 bbl with a built 318/4 bbl with a few modifications with a mild cam. Complete suspension rebuild and slight upgrade. A little wider rear tire and replace the front tires with the same size. Replace the carpet and front seat covers, New armrests, headliner, and floor shifter for the automatic. Convert the AM radio to am/fm aux input stereo. Built A904 with shift kit and upgrade the 7 1/4 rear to a 8 3/4 or 8 1/4. All over time of course!

Repair the rust outs on the lower fenders as well as the driverside floorboard. I have some rust issues on the passenger side rear floor too. Not too much rust just the normal stuff. Then have all the bodywork and paint done in DD-1 Blue. I think that is the code. Cant remember at the moment. Not a complete resto but a work in progress.

John B.

Oh I forgot to mention new front windshield and gaskets. New rear glass gaskets and upgrade to 68 window trim. New felts and seals for the side windows.

John B.

She looks real nice John.I mean a 67 Cuda,of course it's nice,lol. I really like the primer look with the cragars,don't rush the paint job.8) Some day soon gonna be "Wicked Wanda"!:cheers:

Glad to see Wanda getting out and getting some exercise. Can't wait for more street time!
Take care, John!
Les K

Sweet. Bench seats rule!
Any pics of it in the field, or shortly after?

Sorry guys, I cant seem to find any picture of Wanda when I got her. I looked for a couple of hours and I have thousands of old fasion pictures. I know I took some "film" photos of her the day I rolled her home. Dang if I can find them. I will keep looking and post them if I find them>

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

-
Back