So how many Bass players do we have ?

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
No not bass fishers, Bass players ! I know I see a few of you guys on TalkBass.com. How many more are addicted to the low end ? He's part of my collection.

Attachments

• 1465317_10202158231254777_960965216_n.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 156
I've been the bass player of my band since 1989, and played in many bands before that both on guitar and bass. I currently play a 1935 "chech" upright bass!!

Here are my tools of the trade:

Attachments

• KingKORG_Image_PR.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 126
  • kgkrome88-xl-02.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 129
Well I can't play, but I bought one, LOL. Last winter on those cold wintery days (nights) I pick around a (very) little on a Baritone uke, and bought a cheap Ibaneze bass and amp for about a 100 this spring.

"I just want to piddle around" LOL

I own A Gibson Thunderbird, a G&L 300 and a Dean Acoustic for bass guitars. I also have A Gretsch Electromatic, an old unnamed guitar, a Woods acoustic and a Dean Banjo.

I am my own 1 man band!

I think I am going to try to learn. Back it the early 80's I almost bought a blond Ric. I wanted to be Rick James. I still love those ricks.

Hi Adam, I'm a bassist.
2 Ricks 72 4001, and an 89 2030
2 Fenders. 74 Mia P and a 2013. P/J mim
68 Hofner 500/1
68 Gibson EB3
2006 Carvin B50 fretless 5 string
2008 Squire (Cort) 5 string
2013 Xavier acoustic bass
2013 SX Ursa
72 Epiphone solid body bass. Can't remember the model number.

Next one will most likely be a Fender MIA 5 string P bass.

What ever happened to the Ernie Ball bass'es, a great playing and sounding Bass ?

I once had a bass player in my old band that had a Fretless Rickenbacker but he played it more like a Wreckless ChickenPhucker...

Oh, I'm a keyboard player.

Wow, I know it's just a single pick up (humbucker) but $1.500 for a Ernie Ball music man Stingray with a maple board is not a bad price .. Thanks, I have never owned one but liked playing them.

Frankie, Is it pronounced Pick-in-backer or Rick-in-bocker ?

Adam, do you really want to start this, again, lol....

Those in "The know" say "RickenBACKer". The rest make excuses for their mispronunciation.

:happy1:

Those in "The know" say "RickenBACKer".

in the know???? those in the know say ' weed wacker '

The rest make excuses for their mispronunciation.

yeah mmmmkay, the single octave ric-ric-nic-nic-swamp neck has more bubbles than 4 miles of bad road...

then however there was the double octave neck ...

ric-e-tick-e-tap-tap-no-tap-back--- has yet to figure out
body & neck woods, much less how to correctly build a neck joined
or straight through Bass.

Over to You.

Heres my current favorite noise makers. 1983 Fender P bass, 2008 American Standard Jazz. 1000 Watt Hartke Kilo and the old industry standard Ampeg 810. Sounds guys love when you roll into a small club with a 810 and 100watt Marshalls.

Attachments

• 1461815_10202204169523205_1351106591_n.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 95
  • WP_20131115_18_29_49_Pro.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 72
Since Rickenbacker pronounces it Ricken-BACKER, that's how I'll say it. I'm not sure if Adolf switch the spelling and pronunciation when he came to America or not.

I have a 1979 Rickenbacker 4001, a 2006 Rickenbacker 4003 (75th anniversary), a 2012 MIA Fender Precision with a hand stained finish (really neat), pieces of an early 70s Gibson SB 350 (I think, probably won't ever get put back together, but I can dream).

I just recently sold a Rickenbacker 4004Cii Blueburst. It was the nicest looking bass I have ever seen with the wood grain and transparent type finish, but I never got along with it.

Been playing for close to five years now. Main bass is a MusicMan StingRay 5 that is somewhat unusual in its (cosmetic) options, but I bring an Ibanez SR700 to gigs "just in case." I have an Ibanez AEB10EB acoustic too, but the 32" scale is a bit weird for me. I have a wireless bass rig and a wireless IEM rig with four-channel mixer, so I can control the volume of my bass, my vocals and whatever monitor mix the PA guy sends me without disturbing anyone else. IEMs really are the way to go...My ears aren't ringing after shows any more and my performance with IEMs iss better than without.

Stack consists of an SWR WorkingMan's 4004 amp on top of a WorkingMan's 4x10T and a WorkingMan's 1x15T. On top of all of it is a little wood 4U rack box that houses my wireless gear, with a panel containing all the rear ports and antennas I need...So setting up for gigs is literally a ten-minute affair for me, even with my wireless stuff. This gives me time to fix everyone else's stuff..."As a bass player, I don't make problems, I solve them."

I'd like to eventually get a rack DI for that open 1U of space...If I play somewhere that's got a great PA I can just leave my amp/cabs in the vehicle.

Currently between bands and have not been playing much. Looking at building a fEARful 12/6/1 cube or two, mostly cause I can't get the SWR cabs into my Jeep without taking the rear window out, which really sucks when it's cold out.

Here's one of the best pics anyone has ever taken of me...

424966_3234477059227_1810458244_n.jpg

No not bass fishers, Bass players ! I know I see a few of you guys on TalkBass.com. How many more are addicted to the low end ? He's part of my collection.

I came by my so-called "expertise" on bass by default... I started playing lap steel when I was 7 (in 1945... (no typo), switched to ukelele in 1951, when I was 13, then to guitar the following year... but bass players have always been in short supply, so I started playing bass because we couldn't FIND a good bass player, in about 1975... when I was 37... and have been alternating between bass and guitar ever since (I'm 74, now.)

There's nothing else that will mess up your guitar chops quite like playing bass...
ask me; I know... but, playing bass has its own rewards...

I own a Fender Precision (Mexican) 2001 and since I can only play one bass at a time, that is sufficient. A Hartke Kickback 15" amp produces the sound.

I play straight-ahead jazz. No rock, no country, no fusion, no free-jazz, no hip hop or other styles. I have learned that if you do ONE form of music, and do it right, that is a pretty good load... I started out with country in 1947 and changed over to jazz in 1952, and have found it to be the most satisfying form of music for me, since. Your mileage may vary... :coffee2:

-
Back