So this is what it's all about?

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
What a fun filled wkend cruising the car a few hundred miles yesterday. Listening to the rumble of the hemi and the whistle of the supercharger made me forget all the hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars spent up to this moment.

The car handles great thanks to tshell and his assume front tubular k frame. The rear tri 4 link done by Virginia Rod Company. I was able to cruise at 60 mph with the rpms at 2600... Not bad. Overall I'm very happy with my new set up. This is actually a 5 yr project that went into over drive the past 5 wks. Best of all every time we go somewhere the wife wants to take the dart. Let's see if she is still saying that in aug! I see a stereo and ac in my near future.

Good on ya! Sounds like the wife is pretty cool. Now that it's driving, you can use all that spare time to cruise and look for another project!

Yup, that's what it's all about. Enjoying the fruits of your labour. Whether it be a day long cruise, gettin on it a little or going to a major car show and sitting around and talking cars with all the others that experienced the joy of finishing their cars. It doesn't bet much better.

Jack

This is really my first time driving an old car around. The attention I get on the road is crazy.. everyone that drives by me gives me a thumbs up. I've only had on a hole the past two wks and guess who that was... yup a mopar guy who owns several nice mopars a few 426 hemis too...Well Sat night I went to a local cruise in and with my being the new car and being what it is I attracted a ton of attention. He didn't like that at all... he never came over and said hi. I have met him before and told him about my build and he acted like he was too good for me. Other than him everyone has been great.

I attracted a ton of attention. He didn't like that at all... he never came over and said hi. I have met him before and told him about my build and he acted like he was too good for me.

screw douchebags like that. too many of those clowns around.

its nice to be able to get in and cruise anywhere. i drive mine all over the place. so much better then having some kind of garage art type of car. people love to see old cars out and about. even my rusty mess gets thumbs up all over when i'm out and about.

I always loved old cars but after finishing mine I really have a new found respect for every old car on the street now.. I guess I have just been tunnel vision for the past 5 yrs.

Joe... its crazy that us Mopar guys are so out numbered and you have dick wads like that who make it a point to be rude... I never thought someone would actually be like that face to face though.. usually the "tough" guys hide behind their key board.. oh well his car almost didn't start.. I would have gladly gave him some new hemi power for that nice 426 he was sportin..lol

Joe... its crazy that us Mopar guys are so out numbered and you have dick wads like that who make it a point to be rude... I never thought someone would actually be like that face to face though.. usually the "tough" guys hide behind their key board.. oh well his car almost didn't start.. I would have gladly gave him some new hemi power for that nice 426 he was sportin..lol

thats what sucks about the hobby today. never used to be that way. when i was first starting out 20 some years ago, the guys with the rare high dollar stuff always showed the young guys the way. they helped out with parts and knowledge. it isn't like that anymore. some guys help but not like it used to be. the asshole check book guys ruined the hobby for me. don't get me wrong there are still some good guys out there that are cool. just way too many douchebags now.

thats what sucks about the hobby today. never used to be that way. when i was first starting out 20 some years ago, the guys with the rare high dollar stuff always showed the young guys the way. they helped out with parts and knowledge. it isn't like that anymore. some guys help but not like it used to be. the asshole check book guys ruined the hobby for me. don't get me wrong there are still some good guys out there that are cool. just way too many douchebags now.

It will get better..... Us Mopar guys will always be out numbered. I know I will always help a Mopar brother out. :thumleft:

It will get better..... Us Mopar guys will always be out numbered. I know I will always help a Mopar brother out. :thumleft:

it will get better when mopars are no longer the latest fad and they aren't the top dollar most popular cars at auction anymore. starting to happen now but very slowly. once the check book asswipes leave it will be better.

Some of the Hemi guys are not much different than the Vette guys. I know of another website that is like that. LOL Don't worry about it Jason, it is those A$$wipes that are the losers.

Jack

You need to walk straight up to that guys face right in front of all his posse and say really loud, I mean almost scream it "So you wanna Run it or What??":burnout:

Enjoy your car and don't sweat the rest...

Can't please everyone. I'll walk by a line up of vert hemi cars and clones to look at the /6 vert car! Different strokes I guess.

I'm jealous.......Can't wait to drive mine, enjoy all your hard work. ( The a-hole probably bought it that way...)

Enjoy your car and don't sweat the rest...

Can't please everyone. I'll walk by a line up of vert hemi cars and clones to look at the /6 vert car! Different strokes I guess.

Yeah......sort of.
Nice is nice and I don't care who owns it.
But......I didn't build my car for them , so if they don't like it or me , I guess that's O.K. at the end of the day.
My build is getting close and I am officially jealous.......I hope I can be enjoying some cruising in the next month or so , but like you , this has been a long term deal.
Getting the enjoyment of owning something unique that we sweated over and struggled with is a source of pride for me.
Getting to drive it is just a bonus. :D:D

Car looks great I can't wait it see it in person. There's a few cruise-ins this weekend:

Of course you know about Saturday at Harley Dealer on Rt. 17, but...

There is a Cars and Coffee in Williamsburg this Saturday morning (19 May) Here's the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/carsandcoffeewilliamsburg/

Friday night at McDonalds in Lightfoot (Rt. 60) there is usually about 20 or so cars.

And, a new cruise-in at Shorty's Diner in Williamsburg: http://www.shortysdinerva.com/index.html

Here's a link to all local cruises and shows: http://www.vpccc.org/index.php

I'll most likely make the McDonalds and Shorty's on Friday and the Cars and Coffee (Williamsburg) on Saturady morning...hope to see you at one of these cruise-ins.

Car looks great I can't wait it see it in person. There's a few cruise-ins this weekend:

Of course you know about Saturday at Harley Dealer on Rt. 17, but...

There is a Cars and Coffee in Williamsburg this Saturday morning (19 May) Here's the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/carsandcoffeewilliamsburg/

Friday night at McDonalds in Lightfoot (Rt. 60) there is usually about 20 or so cars.

And, a new cruise-in at Shorty's Diner in Williamsburg: http://www.shortysdinerva.com/index.html

Here's a link to all local cruises and shows: http://www.vpccc.org/index.php

I'll most likely make the McDonalds and Shorty's on Friday and the Cars and Coffee (Williamsburg) on Saturady morning...hope to see you at one of these cruise-ins.

I'll prolly make my way to shorty's and to the cars and coffee.. not sure how the turn out will be this wkend b/c of the super chevy event going on all wkend. Either way I'll be there hanging out in the "Burg".lol

overly sensitive is it? lmao

yea....thats it....just couldn't remember...oldtimers, i guess

Jason....car looks great in that small pic...how about some big uns. And those "tumbs up" do feel pretty good..eh?

-
Back