So, what can I shoehorn into a Fiat 124?

-
Thats easy a volvo 2.3 liter 5cyl turbo makes 220hp stock easily get 300 with a few mods and readilly available .Pretty sure will bolt up to the volvo 4spd with electric over drive would be a way fun car!

Just dreamin at this point, LOL. Is the Neon engine used in anything RWD? I'd just as soon "bolt up" an engine / trans (prolly 5 speed) as opposed to tryin' to adapt some junk.

Friend of mine used to have a 124. They are kinda neat little cars. I need one like I need (additional) holes in my head LOL

2004 jeep wrangler used the 2.4 4 cylinder in rear wheel & 4 wheel with a 5 speed. it's the same bellhouseing as 2.0 neon engine

2004 jeep wrangler used the 2.4 4 cylinder in rear wheel & 4 wheel with a 5 speed. it's the same bellhouseing as 2.0 neon engine
There ya go! Odds are decent that was an AX-5 or AX-15 trans, same Aisin trans family used behind the Supra NA and turbo engines. Not a T-5, but just as good and perhaps better.

Re: Rotary's. Having worked around them in a racing environ for a very short bit the only way that I'd consider one is turbo'd. If only to quiet it down to something livable w/o issuing ear plugs to every passenger or needing a pair of David Clark headsets and an intercom system.

You can put anything you want in it. Fiats will accept anything, if you are willing to make a few mods. For example I have a friend with a '59 Fiat 600. It has a 2000? HP Dart small Chev, bored and stroked to 434CI, 2sp Powerglide, blown, runs on fuel, and has done 299.6 at B'ville. Probably 300+ this year. So be bold. You only get to go around once.

Thats easy a volvo 2.3 liter 5cyl turbo makes 220hp stock easily get 300 with a few mods and readilly available .Pretty sure will bolt up to the volvo 4spd with electric over drive would be a way fun car!

Hell if I wanted to jury up something like that, for the money, might as well go scare up a Fiat original and stick in there. I'm thinkin cheap, easy, NOT!!!!

You can put anything you want in it. Fiats will accept anything, if you are willing to make a few mods. For example I have a friend with a '59 Fiat 600. It has a 2000? HP Dart small Chev, bored and stroked to 434CI, 2sp Powerglide, blown, runs on fuel, and has done 299.6 at B'ville. Probably 300+ this year. So be bold. You only get to go around once.

A 600 and a 124 are just about as much alike as a school bus and a Farmall tractor.

If it's fuel mileage drive ability and easily obtained parts you want I'd go for the honda k20 with the s2000 red tranny and diff. Parts are a dime a dozen

I was thinking more of a hi output 4 whanger, "something I can get parts for" LOL, n maybe a turbo. That's sure a fair price, that new top has to be worth some of that.

+1 on the four banger. You can get an SRT 4 engine and drop that in there and have some fun.

May as well go 13B, there is no real external size difference. Now a triple rotor.......

Just sling a 6BT Cummins in it. Let it hang out the front. Who cares if the suspension won't hold it up? Just let it sit there and idle in the driveway.

Just sling a 6BT Cummins in it. Let it hang out the front. Who cares if the suspension won't hold it up? Just let it sit there and idle in the driveway.

Actually I was thinkin more like a Detroit 1-71 or 2-53, LOL

Bet the damn thing still weighs at least 500

DD.1i71-003.jpg

And it looks kinda tall. Hood scoop?

On this site, the obvious answer SHOULD BE 340 4 speed!!!! And top it with a six pack!

-
Back