SoCal Car ****

-
That Gremlin,is hilarious cool! First pic: '61 Chev C10 ? (single headlights,one year only?) Love ,the hidden hearse!!!!!!

attachment1003_zpszzgkuqys.jpg

Saw this tonight at the Qualcomm Stadium Drags. Hard running 340 with a 180 shot.

VZM.IMG_20170127_223835_zps4n1p2vx2.jpg

Ran 7.50s in the 1/8.

Owner was a super nice guy (most Mopar guys are). Chatted it up for a bit, his wife has a 69 Barracuda with a fuel injected 440.

Good stuff.

Saw this tonight at the Qualcomm Stadium Drags. Hard running 340 with a 180 shot.

View attachment 1715012409

Ran 7.50s in the 1/8.

Owner was a super nice guy (most Mopar guys are). Chatted it up for a bit, his wife has a 69 Barracuda with a fuel injected 440.

Good stuff.
I was wondering,if Qualcomm was still running 1/8 th.... Sweet 'Cuda... Gracias..

I've always loved 59 Impalas and Biscaynes... My favorite year for them.

20170212_184325_zpsbxuinizu.png

Spotted this on the 15 south just south of Escondido.

You bet.

I wish I could have my phone handy whenever I spot a "Car ****" worthy car, buy I'm usually driving or on my Bluetooth and forget to snap pictures. So many nice cars out here.

I know what you mean about taking pictures. I am in an office overlooking the exit of interstate 40 and Wendover drive in Greensboro, NC. 4 times a year there is a very large classic car auction close by. I see trailer loads of classic cars go by but am not close enough to get any good pictures.

I can't believe the cars you get to see daily! I am in San Diego this week on business and driving to dinner last night got passed by a '68 GTO and a '67 Corvair. Haven't seen a hot car in NW Ohio for months! Keep the pictures coming.

Southern California is definitely the place to see some awesome cars, classic, custom and exotic, all on the road.

Yeah we here in Ca. are pretty lucky. Even here up north we can regularly see some cool drivers. Here's one I saw this weekend.

IMG_2590.JPG

Didn't mean to leave the beautiful northern parts of California out. I have to agree you have more than most other states

If we see more than two or three in a day (in good weather), it's a car show!!!

I understand that, fortunately the classic car auction that takes place the first weekend of march has 544 cars listed and I am watching a huge amount of these coming off of the highway. The auction takes place a few blocks from my office. I've seen a couple of cobra's, early model Chevrolet and ford's and even a couple of road runners, gtx, and cudas. No early model Barracuda's though. Nice to watch

Nice '69 Nova I spotted today while grabbing something to eat.

20170214_1102180_zps1rtonvdr.jpg

Had a nice little idle to it.

Sounded healthy.

Went to dinner in Oceanside tonight, saw a sweet '63 Impala complete with fender skirts and hopper-car wheels and hydraulics. Then on the way back, a '63 Falcon 4 door, complete with home-made luggage rack on the roof. Got the phone out to snap pics but it was too dark.

-
Back