Solid roller questions....

-
Rusty, I may have another option for you. If all you want is a mild solid roller, then take a look at COmp Cams Xtreme Energy line of cams XR268, 274, 280, and 286. These cams are solid roller, but not on a billet core. They are on a Austempered Ductile Iron core. You can run a MP std gear on these cams. Problem solved. These cams run lower spring pressure and will last a long time. Dont forget, Use the right lifter, Ours!!!!

Check this out: [ame]http://youtu.be/pL_p-J2YRts[/ame]

what is your lifter MRL??

also rusty we both know the benifits of a roller but for such a small cam why not go with a good proven solid flat? much cheaper for you

Because I want something in the 21st century. No more zinc. Screw additives. A solid roller will still out perform the same size flat tappet solid all day long. I've not nailed down anything. Just wondering what my options are. Thanks yall.

Because I want something in the 21st century. No more zinc. Screw additives. A solid roller will still out perform the same size flat tappet solid all day long. I've not nailed down anything. Just wondering what my options are. Thanks yall.

i figured that was what the deal was!

:bs: Still need to run oil with the additives with these types of cams. If you dont the lifters will not survive, period. Just because its a roller dont mean you dont have to have the additives. Those rollers need the zinc/zddp as they are under a lot of stress as well as your rocker arms. Stock hydraulic roller engines dont need it, but they run under 250# spring pressure, heck most performance cams under 230* at 50 run under 300#. Big difference with a solid roller, high ramp rates 450#+ spring pressure. Dont be fooled!

what is your lifter MRL??

We have our own roller lifters, designed to fit the Mopars and work on the street. Ours have forced oil to the rollers and are a perfect fit, every time. The solid rollers of yester year say "Dont run at low rpm they wont last". Thats true if you dont supply any freaking oil to the roller and it relies on splash, not a lot of oil splashing at low rpm. Ours have 100% oil flow at all rpms, that keeps the roller lubed and cool which makes them last just about forever.

Attachments

• 2017-16-2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 238
  • BBM Pro-Sport.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 248
:bs: Still need to run oil with the additives with these types of cams. If you dont the lifters will not survive, period. Just because its a roller dont mean you dont have to have the additives. Those rollers need the zinc/zddp as they are under a lot of stress as well as your rocker arms. Stock hydraulic roller engines dont need it, but they run under 250# spring pressure, heck most performance cams under 230* at 50 run under 300#. Big difference with a solid roller, high ramp rates 450#+ spring pressure. Dont be fooled!

Thanks, I've been trying to stress the same thing. Typically a solid roller cam is used in a performance application with high spring loads and as such still benefits/needs the zinc.

Anything with 350# or more needs the additives. Its not just for the lifters, your rockers need it as well.

Pro Sports $475
Pro Plus $580

Anything with 350# or more needs the additives. Its not just for the lifters, your rockers need it as well.

Pro Sports $475
Pro Plus $580

even piston skirts benifit from the zinc.

i'll pass these on to my boss, i think he would like them!

also how hard would it be to have custom link bars made?

Pro Sports $475
Pro Plus $580

That's a lot of money for lifters. Over 100 bucks more than the Howards. I don't see people lining up making threads about roller lifters burning up either. Not doubting they are good, but I need more proof everything else is bad.

That's a lot of money for lifters. Over 100 bucks more than the Howards. I don't see people lining up making threads about roller lifters burning up either. Not doubting they are good, but I need more proof everything else is bad.

we see about 5000 miles out of street driven comp lifters.

I've read on more than a few sites, stay away from comps lifters. $580 for pressure oiled bearings is a bargain. Isky EZ rollers are over a grand, Cam FX are like $1200 and Lunati HIPPO lifter are around $800. Don't skimp on roller lifters since when they fail its pretty ugly.

And our Pro Plus is $490 Cheaper than the Comp Elite, but ours are better and last longer. We have proof from what customers have run in the past and switched to ours and have yet to have any issues with them.

Howards dosent even make a lifter for Mopars like ours, so your comparing apples to oranges. Do they have lifters that have pressurized oil to the rollers for Mopars? Our Pro Plus is like the Howards Pro Max, but they dont have any for Mopars, and if they did they would be $700 or more.

BTW Howards dosnt even make their own lifters, all they do is re-box Morel lifters like 85% of the companies selling lifters do. Generic junk that might fit and work right, maybe. My lifters are not, and they are correct. I put my blood, sweat and tears into my Mopars, not just re-boxing someone elses stuff to make a buck and not give a F**K!

I never accused you of reboxing. Sounds like you're getting mighty testy and defensive. Usually when that's the case, somebody has something to hide.

Look, all I am trying to do is get my questions answered. I am not asking for a ******* MRL commercial. All I want is straight answers. "We have proof......" is not an answer. YOU might have proof, but where is it for me? Why have I not read in all the time I have been online (since 1999) about roller lifter failure or short life span?

You shouldn't have to bad mouth someone else's product to make yours look better if it really is and that is exactly what you did. I don't know of any other pressurized roller lifter on the market besides yours, yet somehow, you have still sidestepped my question. All I am asking for is proof for ME not YOU that all the other solid rollers have a short life span. If it's true, you should have no problem proving it. I've certainly had great difficulty finding it myself and I have the same internet you do.

I've not tried to bash your product or say it's reboxed. You brought that up yourself. I don't want a bunch of loose lipped salesman bullshit when I am talking about spending MY money. I want the truth and I want my questions answered. If you cannot do that, then I can just as easily do something different with my money.

This thread scares me as my whole top end is comp with pro magnum rockers. Car doesnt get many miles and I have been checking lash every couple hundred miles. Hoping if lifters start going south I will catch it due to lash change.

First I've heard they don't last.

This thread scares me as my whole top end is comp with pro magnum rockers. Car doesnt get many miles and I have been checking lash every couple hundred miles. Hoping if lifters start going south I will catch it due to lash change.

i should have been more clear and say they get an inspection, but after all the motor's he has built he says about 5000 miles and the need to be replaced.

Ok, Im out!

Don't post on here "I'm out" and then send me a PM continuing your argument because you don't want to get into a "pissing contest". I'm not in a pissing contest. I am simply asking questions. I want to find out all that I can about a product and why it is better, why others are not as good BEFORE I make a purchase. So far, for ME, that's not been answered. So, if you really want "out" then I guess you have so much business that mine does not count.

Since I cannot get any straight answers I guess I will just stick with a flat tappet.

-
Back