Solved with a Meter Match Fuel Tank Sending Unit/Fuel Float Adjustmet

-
as does this How to article (except he gave up on fixing a board with busted wire )
OEM Fuel Sender Repair 1967 Dart

This is a post that I made.. It was made to show how to repair a badly worn wiper arm.

I Did Not give up on fixing a board with busted wire... I did not have a broken wire to fix.

I simply stated "IF the wire on this board is broken you are pretty much OUT of LUCK."

Herb

Well I interpreted that as giving up. Several who have been in that situation have been able to address it. Maybe if you had been in that situation you would have too. My point is, for those that want to repair them, fortunately they are not out of luck.

Maybe if you had been in that situation you would have too.

If I had been in that situation, I Would have pursued it, found a solution as you did and fixed it.

Sorry, I did not mean to "ruffle" any feathers, just to point out that I did not give up.

Herb

I can understand why you'ld want to clarify that.
beer-gif.gif

I wish I had been as skilled and resourceful as you and Al and some of the others. I botched my attempt years ago when trying to both fix it and convert to 3/8 pickup with a frankenstien approach.

Mattax,

I sure hope I did not upset you, I did not mean too.
I am not a person that likes conflict or stirring up trouble.

I am a person that when confronted with a problem will become involved with solving it to the point of obsession. I do not give up easily...

If it a problem related to an A body or any MOPAR and I resolve it, I will share the solution here or where ever needed to try to help others.

A lot of the information and photos in this post are things I have posted over the years.

Thank You for putting the links to these post in one spot... Solved with a Meter Match Fuel Tank Sending Unit/Fuel Float Adjustmet

Herb

whatever you do don't send it to Dan O'Hora Tri -Star .
This is a bit late, but I used Dan to rebuild a sender on a customer's pontiac earlier this year and had a great experience. He was very nice, knowledgeable and the sender was repaired and returned quickly... and it even worked!

This is a bit late, but I used Dan to rebuild a sender on a customer's pontiac earlier this year and had a great experience. He was very nice, knowledgeable and the sender was repaired and returned quickly... and it even worked!

I'm glad you had a better experience than I did . I ended up with a expensive sending unit that was unusable .

If anyone has an old broken sender laying around, unwrap exactly10cm of the wire and measure its Ohms with a good DMM. Report back and we can use those figures to find a wire guage that will work for a rewrap of a stock board. If I can get a stock board (or dimensions) I can 3d print one (or 20) in PP and supply them wrapped to rebuilders. PLA and ABS will swell and dissolve in fuel environments.

Last edited:
I can get you an Ω reading on that. I will grab one out of storage in a few and report back tonight.

10cm = 7.5Ω
I have a couple of the boards if you need a pattern.
I had bought some nichrome wire to make my own but couldn't figure out a good way to wrap them.

-
Back