Someone's stirring up the Bees Nest about "you" doing the work at Self-checkouts

-
Last I heard was RFID tags had a problem going through dense objects like a gallon of milk.

I like the Scan and Go, I don't have to interact with anyone! (Except the person at the door)

I scan as I load my cart, I have totes like the PO uses in my car, from the shelf to the cart to the tote in my car. Heck I could just put the totes in the cart!

In the last few years my wife and I have been using the online order go pick it up method.

Only thing that worries me is not getting something I ordered, only to know after I get home.
Sounds like you don't mind in helping eliminating jobs

Online pick up is not like self checkout. An employee has to pick your order, scan your order and deliver it to your vehicle. Key point here...the "employee" is doing your grocery shopping

Last I heard was RFID tags had a problem going through dense objects like a gallon of milk.

I like the Scan and Go, I don't have to interact with anyone! (Except the person at the door)

I scan as I load my cart, I have totes like the PO uses in my car, from the shelf to the cart to the tote in my car. Heck I could just put the totes in the cart!

In the last few years my wife and I have been using the online order go pick it up method.

Only thing that worries me is not getting something I ordered, only to know after I get home.
I like doing my own shopping, that way I get exactly what I want in both quality and quantity. I don't understand why people have others do their shopping for them I can understand it for the elderly and disabled

I stopped at Culver's last night for some food. The young lad at the cash regester short changed me so I pointed out his mistake. The kid had a rough time getting my change back with the numbers on the register. He opened his hand and counted 4 pennies by pointing at them with his other hand. Sad for sure.
I'm telling Ya! Common core math! See it all over!

Online pick up is not like self checkout. An employee has to pick your order, scan your order and deliver it to your vehicle. Key point here...the "employee" is doing your grocery shopping
True. I have the ability to do my own, I'd rather go through the store myself

Not eliminating jobs...

Someone has to stock the shelves
Clean the store
Maintain the computer system
Program the computer system
Build the computers
Generate the electricity
Transport the electricity
Maintain the lines.

Need I go on.

There is once again record unemployment in the US.

There are industry's that can not hire enough people.

So ya! I guess I'm fine with eliminating jobs.

The way you hurt these big corps, is to not buy from them. If nobody bought a new car for a year, the big 3 would fold. You have to boycott what you don't agree with. As for the self checkout....LOL, not gonna happen.

Why do you want to hurt the big corps?
Because they monopolize the price structure. It drives the small guys outta business. The greed since covid and our NWO government, is gonna make everyone live 3rd-world.

Right. I don't want to hurt them. They're a necessary evil. I never saw a poor person give someone a job. Still though, I'm a big mom and pop fan
I agree, I try to buy my repo parts from 521 restoration, he is a local guy and a friend, he is a classic ind reseller, so he gets a piece of the pie and it doesn't cost me any more.

Because they monopolize the price structure
I disagree, we the consumers dictate the prices. Corporations are like any other business, as their costs go up their prices for their services goes up.

Not eliminating jobs...

Clean the store
Build the computers
Generate the electricity
Maintain the lines.

Need I go on.

Not eliminating jobs...

Clean the store
Build the computers
Generate the electricity
Maintain the lines.

Need I go on.

Of the jobs that you listed only 2 of them are retail related. Companies put in self check outs in order to reduce their labor costs. Steak n Shake doesn't have waitresses, you place your order on a computer and they call your number when your order is ready, you get your own drinks, all done to cut costs. Lowe's went to all but one check out and every time I go in there I have a hard time finding anyone on the floor. True, there are some industries having trouble filling jobs.

If you want cheap prices, then the cost cutting needs to come from somewhere. It gets to the point where the consumer becomes the labor.

I try to save the store money and I return my cart back to the store, I'm eliminating yet another job, the cart retriever.

I am also eliminating the ability of the cart to damage my car.

In reality we are not eliminating jobe we are shifting jobs. People who used to push buttons on a cash register are now pushing buttons on a computer or a tool on an assy line.

I agree, I try to buy my repo parts from 521 restoration, he is a local guy and a friend, he is a classic ind reseller, so he gets a piece of the pie and it doesn't cost me any more.
This is why I buy my automotive parts locally, true they are corporate but the stores are individually owned and I believe in supporting the local businesses. I'm sure that I could get a better deal online but if something is wrong with the part or it's the wrong thing then I have the hassle of sending it back and waiting longer to get what I need.

If you want cheap prices, then the cost cutting needs to come from somewhere. It gets to the point where the consumer becomes the labor.
We already are. Soon, we'll become the FOOD! aka Soylent Green...
Honestly I think the elite will just have enough cows for themselves the rest of us can eat the bugs and the other crap once we've been eliminated by 90%

We already are. Soon, we'll become the FOOD! aka Soylent Green...
Honestly I think the elite will just have enough cows for themselves the rest of us can eat the bugs and the other crap once we've been eliminated by 90%
That's the plan.

Screenshot_20230215-144426.png

I try to save the store money and I return my cart back to the store, I'm eliminating yet another job, the cart retriever.

I am also eliminating the ability of the cart to damage my car.

In reality we are not eliminating jobe we are shifting jobs. People who used to push buttons on a cash register are now pushing buttons on a computer or a tool on an assy line.
I agree with you about the shopping carts. I think that companies are using to much technology. I heard the other day that a major restaurant chain is cutting back on waitress and replacing them with a computer at the tables, that's a job cut

This is why I buy my automotive parts locally, true they are corporate but the stores are individually owned and I believe in supporting the local businesses. I'm sure that I could get a better deal online but if something is wrong with the part or it's the wrong thing then I have the hassle of sending it back and waiting longer to get what I need.
I order parts online and pick them up ready to go at the local Napa.

That's the plan.
Brother I hate to say it but I read something once that the satanists (or whatever) tell you what they're going to do, as part of their evil deal or whatnot, they've been telling us for a long time what they're going to do! Sad thing is, I read a book 30 Years Ago by retired Air Force Colonel, (who actually was not going to write it,due to fear for his family's lives) but, they begged him to write it! I'm seeing things come true Biblically.. I'm seeing things come true... I don't know if you've noticed but could you see how many presidents and kings that were Pro US that got whacked in 2020? How about the massive riots over elections in several different countries in the last year?

I agree with you about the shopping carts. I think that companies are using to much technology. I heard the other day that a major restaurant chain is cutting back on waitress and replacing them with a computer at the tables, that's a job cut
Yeah I've seen a few of them man I just quit going out to eat I grab takeout from local small businesses...to hell with it

That's the plan.
"The plan" lol
The only plan is greed, from the richest person on the planet, to the guy buying overseas knockoffs, and killing manufacturing in his own country
Lots of finger pointing, and zero self reflection.

-
Back