somethings not right here

-
Well, my thinking is if its hitting 220,thats about as high as i would want to see my gauge go.
The corvette during first run up going past my comfort zone bothered me,but thermostat was open and coolant was flowing.

Drilling thermostat is to aid in purging air. A couple 3/16” holes wont really assist cooling. Just makes system easier to fill.

Well I don't know if it will help or not but the way it was explained to me is that the holes will allow the water to flow a little quicker into the radiator and cool quicker. Again, I have no idea but it makes sense to me.

Well, my thinking is if its hitting 220,thats about as high as i would want to see my gauge go.
The corvette during first run up going past my comfort zone bothered me,but thermostat was open and coolant was flowing.

Drilling thermostat is to aid in purging air. A couple 3/16” holes wont really assist cooling. Just makes system easier to fill.
I don`think I`d go over 1/8" w/ the holes. Some people , u just can`t tell, they won`t listen to experience about pusher fans! My fish is working w/ one , it won`t w/o one, and the manufacturer guaranteed me that my rad. would cool 800 h.p. , I ain`t got 800, and it won`t work w/o the pusher.

I am with you. I personally do not even like to see 200*. I know everybody says that's ok, but not for me. I now have it down to about 190* and I am satisfied with that.

I am with you. I personally do not even like to see 200*. I know everybody says that's ok, but not for me. I now have it down to about 190* and I am satisfied with that.
^^
sounds good to me. I think mine runs better around 200 tho>on the street.

-
Back