Son of a BI*CH!!!!! I'd Swear Mother Nature Has It Out For Me ........

-
I see a fortune in selling commemorative Tennessee Oak Shards. Use it as a key fob, door stop or vampire stake........

CLASSIC!!!!!!! How many you want Rev? :-D You know how pesky those vampires can be this time of year.

That crew worked very hard yesterday, and both of our backs hurt ... but good progress. Now that I've got new camera batteries, here's a few pics from today with the foliage moved.

View attachment IMG_3959.jpg

View attachment IMG_3961.jpg

View attachment IMG_3963.jpg

View attachment IMG_3964.jpg

View attachment IMG_3966.jpg

Spray foam to help keep the trailer's inside damage to a minimum ... it really did a number on it. With the pressure of the tree gone, it opens again. Yayyyyyyyyy!

View attachment IMG_3968.jpg

View attachment IMG_3972.jpg

View attachment IMG_3981.jpg

Shop roof where the big bend in the beam is ... yikes

View attachment IMG_3975.jpg

Hopefully the insurance company will continue to impress and this mess will be dealt with quickly and with minimal interruption to normal life. If we get a new shop out of the deal (the whole building is twisted and the big doors don't line up anymore), I'll be sure to show it off. LOL!! Yeahhhh right ....... :-D

Wow, that's a big *** tree and you're lucky it fell where it did.
Glad to hear you 2 are ok and the insurance company has been there to help.
We'll keep our fingers crossed for a new shop. LOL Mike

I just found out this morning that the tornadoes that hit here in Gloucester last Saturday took the life of an old friends only brother. We must count our blessings every day.

Mother Nature may have been gunning for you, but it looks like God was protecting you. Glad your safe.

Leanna, it looks like a big bonfire is in order with a whole lot of beer. Glad to see you and Billy made it through that storm. Sorry for the damage to your shop from the tree.

Although mother nature had it out for you, Lady Luck was on your side in where that tree landed. :) Hopefully the insurance company comes through and you'll be up and running again in no time with only bad memories of that night.

After getting the shop cleaned up and reorganized a bit over the weekend (relocating to my side yayyyy), it turns out the slab is cracked. A LOT. An adjuster called Billy yesterday morning and is scheduled to come see the damage / aftermath this week. If all of you could cross your fingers for me ................... :-D

I'm sure it'll work out fine. Just a little inconvenience for the time being.

After getting the shop cleaned up and reorganized a bit over the weekend (relocating to my side yayyyy), it turns out the slab is cracked. A LOT. An adjuster called Billy yesterday morning and is scheduled to come see the damage / aftermath this week. If all of you could cross your fingers for me ................... :-D

I'm sure it'll work out fine. Just a little inconvenience for the time being.

Here for you
Legs, arms and finger are crossed for you and Billy Leanna.

Keeping arms, legs, toes and nose crossed for ya kiddo...

(of course, it kinda looks like I'm doing the pee pee dance).

Only just found this thread Leanna and Wow! Glad everyone is fine,but too bad it was your shop that got damaged but glad it wasn't your house. After all the things damaged or knocked out of wack with the building,I can see a new and bigger shop in the future for you.

They should total it for you if the crack is new. Who's the insurance company?

Jim

Only just found this thread Leanna and Wow! Glad everyone is fine,but too bad it was your shop that got damaged but glad it wasn't your house. After all the things damaged or knocked out of wack with the building,I can see a new and bigger shop in the future for you.

Thanks John! You know what they say about shops/garages ... no matter how big you build them they're never big enough. :-D

They should total it for you if the crack is new. Who's the insurance company?

Jim

Jim, there's a bunch of new cracks, evidenced too by nearby seepage coming to the surface from all this rain we've had the last few weeks (just came in a few minutes ago for the latest very close-by thunderstorm to pass).

This is the corner where the tree hit ... you see the new crack in the slab about 2 feet from the upright.

View attachment IMG_3991.jpg

Close up ...

View attachment IMG_3995.jpg

There's several others spiderwebbing mainly on the south side, but this one caddy-corner from the tree impact in front of the east-facing walk in door was a bit of a surprise.

View attachment IMG_4005.jpg

Neither of the roll-up doors close easily anymore (east and south sides) and the walk-in door on the northeast corner sticks now too; the gap shifted and it's too close on the bottom hinge and too far away on the top hinge.

The insurance company is Auto Owners. After getting royally screwed over by AIG after Katrina (we even paid for the Vaseline), we wanted a good one. I know you're going to do this too so I'll save you a couple clicks ;-) ...

Auto-Owners property and casualty companies have the highest possible ratings from A.M. Best Company, A++ (Superior),[6] and the Auto-Owners Life Insurance Company is rated A+ (Superior).[7] The companies are also rated very highly in ratings assigned by other nationally recognized independent rating authorities.[8] "Auto-Owners Insurance Group is one of only 10 groups of insurance companies to be rated A++ by A.M. Best, a nationally recognized rating agency for insurance companies."[3]​

Okay, the storm and lunch are over. Back to work!

I'd total it. Check your policy and see what the limits are on out buildings. You may find you have a 5K limit on the shop. If you can swing it I'd rebuild it with 12' walls so you can accommodate a lift, always a nice addition to a shop.

Keep us informed and let me know if I need to send Boudro up there to talk to your adjuster.

It will all work out.
No one was hurt and that"s whats most important.

So, new shop time. I'm seeing something along the lines of "Billy and Leanna's Country Bunker"...... Just remember to play both kinds of music.

I'm dyin here!!! Thanks for The Blues Brothers today -- I needed that.

But no worries Rev ......... it's always rock and roll time in the shop! :-D

Wow just saw your thread, I am glad you all are ok hope things work out with insurance and maybe you can upgrade the shop. Prayers are being sent for a good out come to all this for you and your family.

Up here in Louisville, we are quite flooded. My poor sump pump has been running non stop. Glad to see you survived the latest round of storms, and hope that the insurance company does you all right. Let's pray that the storms end soon and give us all much need rest from the rain....

From the looks of those latest pics...... the cats did it. They always return to the scene of the crime.

Hope everything works out for you. Amazing that the force was transferred to the uprights down to the concrete slab causing those cracks. I'm wondering what the rating of the concrete was? Anyways, keep after the insurance adjuster.

Wylde1.

Dang it girl, you can't even catch a breather from the last storm.

Let's hope the insurance co see's fit to pour ya a new slab.

-
Back