South Carolina Mopars

-
well, here she is boys....please be gentle. I know she has a way to go yet, but I am getting it done. Let me know what you think.

P.S. - excuse the wires under the dash, I am putting in new switches for fuel pump, ignition, and cooling fans at the moment.

Whoa! That thing sounds good! I'd leave those gears alone.... I bet that thing will git-it! LOL

I had similar car, a 71 w/ a 383. This is it about 3 yrs ago. She wasn't near as nice as yours. It still pulled hard w/ 3:23 gears, though I'd of liked 3:55's or 3:91's. Of course It would be nice to have a high gear third member for road trips and your steep gears for the track.

I had similar car, a 71 w/ a 383. This is it about 3 yrs ago. She wasn't near as nice as yours. It still pulled hard w/ 3:23 gears, though I'd of liked 3:55's or 3:91's. Of course It would be nice to have a high gear third member for road trips and your steep gears for the track.

Thats a nice Dart man! I went to the hosting site and saw that you guys have an awesome collection. I'd like to roam around up there sometime.

LOL With those gears in her, the only way she'll get to Columbia is on a trailer!

What gears do you have in there?

I had a 68 Charger 383 BB with 4:10 gears at one time. It was ok on the highway but she would jump out of the hole.

I will be in North Charleston, SC. Aug. 19-23 with the Vietnam Tankers Association. I will get to see many of my old platoon buddies some I haven’t seen since rotating back to the world. We will be staying at SHERATON NORTH CHARLESTON 4770 Goer Drive, North Charleston, SC 29406. What’s the weather like during August?

VTALogo07.jpg

I will be in North Charleston, SC. Aug. 19-23 with the Vietnam Tankers Association. I will get to see many of my old platoon buddies some I haven’t seen since rotating back to the world. We will be staying at SHERATON NORTH CHARLESTON 4770 Goer Drive, North Charleston, SC 29406. What’s the weather like during August?

Hot and humid. Chance of a thunderstorm. Heavy downpours although short lived. Supersiized rain drops LOL Dunno why that is or if its the norm. Just my low country experiences.

Hot and humid. Chance of a thunderstorm. Heavy downpours although short lived. Supersiized rain drops LOL Dunno why that is or if its the norm. Just my low country experiences.
Thanks Redfish, sounds like I should tell my wife and daughter to pack as if we were going to Hawaii.

Sharing my link to a local ( upstate ) event calander. There will be additions in the next few weeks.
http://carolinarodshop.com/shows.htm
Thanks again to all the friendly folks at Carolina Rod Shop

Thanks bud!

I have been looking for that link since it started warming up. I had my computer formated last year and I couldn't remember the name!

Thanks bud!

I have been looking for that link since it started warming up. I had my computer formated last year and I couldn't remember the name!
acronyms at play :)
c. r. s. get it ?

Thanks man I think I have seen your car at the checkers in Anderson, I hope to have mine on the road before long. Be seeing you.

Thanks man I think I have seen your car at the checkers in Anderson, I hope to have mine on the road before long. Be seeing you.

You probably did ... and the fellow with knuckles dragging more than likely was me.

You know that they shut Checkers down! :angry7:

The guy that runs the cruise in has relocated it on 28 Bypass. If you go to the link that RedFish posted the dates and times are there (I think). Also directions.

I'm not going to be completely done with my car... it doesn't look like it anyways but I'll drive there anyhow. I drove it to the cruise in at McDonalds on 81 without the front grill! LOL! I didn't care.

Hope to see ya!

I believe the same folks(Good Time Cruisers) that used to hold cruise ins at Checkers have relocated again.

"Sonic Drive-In Cruise-In, 1522 E. Greenville St. Hwy 81 presented by Good Time Cruiser's, 5pm"

Lowcountry mopars is having a meet at the Dorchester Dragway Sunday evening, anyone interested? Starts around 5pm, just look for the Mopars Baby!!

Lowcountry mopars is having a meet at the Dorchester Dragway Sunday evening, anyone interested? Starts around 5pm, just look for the Mopars Baby!!

They should do a Low Country Boil as their annual main event. I'd help any way I can.

As soon as I get my membership renewed, I may bring it up as an idea......don't know that they have been doing a whole lot lately

-
Back