SpeedMaster Head- Rocker Options/Questions

-
Check the rocker shaft stands on Speedmaster heads. I remember @replicaracer43 found that a set he was fixing had stands, pedestals, whatever you like to call them out of whack and he had to run a ball mill thru them to straighten them out.

Next time I will send my 273 rockers to Performance Rocker Arms and have them bushed and upgraded to 1:6 with poly locks.

Now he has to decide if he wants to step up to a 1.6 rocker. If not find the right part number for 1.5’s.
Thought about 1.6 but sounds like there’s some work involved with clearances on the pushrod holes, would help with my current cam to open it up more but seems like 1.6 just more work.

Pretty much thinking My plan will be-
Once I have the heads from you, I’ll seek @Oldmanmopar for some machine work and discuss with Mike at B3 about the geometry, benefit to me is all of us are in Pa! Guess I’m lucky. Appreciate all the help along the way, definitely learning mopars but I’m having fun too

I was impressed with the little amount of geometry correction my Promaxx heads needed. I think Mike was impressed too even though the valve stem height were not super even.

I was impressed with the little amount of geometry correction my Promaxx heads needed. I think Mike was impressed too even though the valve stem height were not super even.
Did you buy them complete or bare?

Correct geometry would be the why you could use them or not. Drawbacks are strength and ratio accuracy. The up side is simplicity.

On my SpeedMaster heads with different valves and springs that they come assembled with (I bought mine bare) I ended up using Hughes Rockers. I think I need a thin shim under the stand to dial them in, but that was with my valve heights, cam lift, block deck height and square, gasket thickness and rocker stands to start with.
was your motor an LA series or magnum? Did you use oil thru pushrods or was the speedmaster head setup for oil thru head? The website says oil thru pushrods just curious

-
Back