Spending less time on FABO

-
x2 I have sat back and watched the threads and self promotion. Not what I would do but thats just me. But to badger people and insult those who didnt contribute is apalling. I even remember a post where you would throw away a part before you would give it away. Thats when I knew there were others I would rather help. Hell your list looked better than my Christmas list. When you say FABO sucks you are saying I suck. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Well said DD!

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but if it has anything to do with drinking large amounts of Corona beer, count me in.
Crowning of a Jack ***.........hell, I think we all fit into this category at one point....

Maybe you should take in consideration that some people on here are dealing with their own physical problems, that's why it's been a long time for me to get your clutch pedal set to you Paul. I have really bad arthritis and mobility problems as you do at times. It's not just you or all about you. A lot of us on here are handicapped or mildly disabled, it's not just you. Some of us just choose to live in silence about it.
StrokerScamp deserved to be banned.
He was a wealth of knowledge and a good guy overall with a big heart at times i agree, but, he also had a bad temper and he really bullied and picked on some people, but sometimes he was very corrosive overall, and that's putting it lightly. That fact is something no one can deny. We had a few clashes on the p.m. side of the forums and i tell you, he has a heart of gold, but he has temper problems and other problems that i will not divulge (admitted by him to me) offline.
So, who cares? About people or the website?
I do, a lot. Almost to a fault in both cases.
And i think this is a great website run by great people who care a lot.
That's why i'm here almost daily.
I'm here to learn, grow within the hobby, and hopefully help a few people along the way. I actually get a kick out of the ranting and stupidity at times.
This site is a great source of entertainment for me.
A thick skin is needed a lot here, as it does in life and i do not need to fit into any ''Cliques'' here or anywhere, i actually don't give a **** about that.
Lighten up people, it's just a website used for information and entertainment, as well as a few belly laughs, no more, no less.
Gawd!
Yes, i'm here to stay like it or not.
Tom.

Lol,it's never been about me on this sight.

Now on many sites, Superdart would have just earned himself a permanent ban for attacking the site's mods and admins..

But not here. Why?

Because we do our best to leave the lines of communication as open and fair as we can. Now, sometimes that means there are comments that are not the best. Sometimes, they only SEEM to be out of line for some. Other times, they are out of line.

Staff is in a difficult position. We dont want to be censors, and avoid doing so. I can’t tell you how many times I have seen someone say something, and it came out wrong or was "under-worded" so that it seems impolite. It happens a lot and can be unintentional many times.

Then there are egos, which can be and often are, bruised so very easily and also often unintentionally. Simple differing opinions can easily, through just one word, be turned into wars between the participants.

We aren’t perfect, and we don’t read each and every post. We just can’t. But in general, we really try not to ban people, delete posts because of what we "think" the poster was trying to say, etc. We try not to be parents here because none of you are children. I don’t believe it's the mod's job to sanitize everything posted.

Staff works hard to try to give everyone a place that is generally friendly, helpful and beneficial for all.

Thank you. We try, but we're not perfect.

Do you really think if we were about personal vendettas that YOU would still be here? Not meaning to be offensive, but you can be quite a pain in the *** at times. As I said before, on most other sites, you would be long gone already.

For all the complaining you do, I have to ask. Why havent you left of your own accord since you apparantly dont like how I run the site? There are other sites out there, why are you here complaining constantly? Why when you get asked not to break a rule by a mod do you run around looking for others to tattle on?

Im pretty humble about most things, but really the rest of the staff and I deserve a Nobel Prize for patience after having to deal with you.

The original post wasnt about attacking the mods and I have alot of respect for "Mopar to ya" because he posted something intelligent and well thought out about how the site has a bunch of inghting at times, while you try to reduce it to how the staff are picking on you.

Grow up. YOU are exactly what the op is referring to. Everything with you becomes a childish exchange.

My apologies to the other members - I dont generally like to air this stuff in public

Yes certainly you can, just click the report a post button and we will have a look at it and if we agree we'll have a heart to heart. Or just PM one of us with your concern and any link to the example. :violent1:

To clarify - THIS:
report.gif
is the report button...

I want to thank the Mods too, especially Joey and Adam, I don't know how they just don't hit the "power down" button sometimes especially the comment concerning our percieved Vendetta against StrokerScamp which was crap by the way. How does the saying go, "Most of mans ill's are brought on by himself" Anyway I just wanted to say that for the last 2 months I've been away from a high speed connection so I only looked in every once and awhile and did notice that over the last 6 weeks, but for a few minor blowouts, you all conducted yourselves in an almost hospitable manor (almost all). That alone makes the Mods job easier so therefore thank you.

Terry
thanks too you all i cant find a post by adam to add in here compters running slow . But i will say it agin keep it going yall im not leaving :cheers:

I apologize Adam. I and a friend here at work thought it was directed to me. I have never had any issues with you and I sincerely apologize for taking that the wrong way. Damn, now I guess I am on the "jackass" list. :)

This exactly makes my point earlier. Many times, people get offended when what was said wasnt meant for them, or was written poorly or taken the wrong way.

Not just here, but the world would be a better place if we al just gave the other guy a break and didnt always assume the worst.

And this from a staff member. Way to go, it really proves my point, doesn't it. Thanks for helping solve the problem as your Mod status allows you to do. My point is not that I want to leave. It is not a slam against Joey or the mods. It is not about the lack of technical knowledge. I have absolutely no problems with any of that. My complaint is that we, as users of the site, get off track and don't stay on subject. Some of us spend too much time picking apart another's response to a post and forget all about the original post. So what I am asking, Adam, is not for your permission to leave. I am asking all of us users to be kinder, more helpful and encouraging. That is what this site is for.

Sometime people want to explain why they feel a certain way

Take strokers vs stock stroke engines. I feel rear end gearing is were you make the torque and build a high rpm engine, say a 7,000 rpm 340 with 4.30 gears for a hot street - strip car

Others feel just use a 4 inch stroke crank and run 3.55 gears makes for a better street - strip car (this is using a high stall 3 speed auto trans to keep costs down)

Both ways can make a great car but sure, some folks will feel their way is the best way

Yes this be happy or pack your bags and leave attitude doesn't help matters

And the thread groweth. Makes me want to put a ford radio in my mopar:happy1:

Yea I would never do it but I bet I would catch hell if I did:joker:

Try putting a GM tranny in your Mopar like I did. The purists hate me and give me no end of grief.
Have caught all kinds of grief for the 4l80, and my car is years away from being done..........really thinking hard about an LS motor.......

Yeah, when they give me **** I always say "where's your car?" and I look all around. When I find out they don't have one I tell them to build their own.

Iam glad this site is here good or bad. Without the time,money and knowledge to build a networking site for help myself. Iam glad someone did. Its nice to get online and ask or research in a few minutes what would take a novice like me hours or days. Its one thing to complain when you buy a meal and its bad; however its another to not pay and complain. I thank all those who have helped me. I pray for all those that just bicker. Hope you all get your projects done.

Try putting a GM tranny in your Mopar like I did. The purists hate me and give me no end of grief.

Don't see what difference it makes, heck GM and Mopar both went bankrupt as well

People get too hung up on little things sometimes, a car is a car. Make it how you like it, always can be change back later on

Same with these who feel how it came from the factory is the best way but then if the car was built today, would they still use points and drum brakes ? They use what was the best at that time, its 2012 now, so you use the best stuff you can get today.

Is my ignition mopar or MSD, well both got the engine running but the MSD 7 box gives a stronger cold idle and better performance vs Mopar little box on the firewall so in the trash it went

Tires are Michelin, don't believe they came on the car when it was new, so what, they work better then those older tires

Lol,it's never been about me on this sight.

Paul, I have to disagree totally with your statement. FABO IS about you ... and me ... and the 27,000 others who voluntarily signed up to be members. Without all of us it wouldn't exist.

There were a lot of people who jumped up to try to help you (me included) get your car going. I've had my Cuda for over 21 years and it still isn't done; but it wouldn't be nearly as far along as it is without FABO.

When you get to feeling better things will change ... but nothing will with that kind of attitude. Now shut up and quit yer whining. :-D Love ya!

Paul, I have to disagree totally with your statement. FABO IS about you ... and me ... and the 27,000 others who voluntarily signed up to be members. Without all of us it wouldn't exist.

There were a lot of people who jumped up to try to help you (me included) get your car going. I've had my Cuda for over 21 years and it still isn't done; but it wouldn't be nearly as far along as it is without FABO.

When you get to feeling better things will change ... but nothing will with that kind of attitude. Now shut up and quit yer whining. :-D Love ya!

I agree 100% Leanna.
You go girl! :cheers:

-
Back