Spitfire Headers

-
Harold called me today and said my headers are scheduled to be at my house tomorrow. I ordered mine on 8/06/08..so roughly a little more than one month for delivery. I'll post pic tomorrow evening if they show up.

This will be great because I took the car out for a spin today and it really needs to be opened up. Could have them installed on Sunday if all goes well.

Harold said to let everyone know he is making the headers as quick as he can. He is also making some other types that will fit other cars as well.

Harold called me today and said my headers are scheduled to be at my house tomorrow. I ordered mine on 8/06/08..so roughly a little more than one month for delivery. I'll post pic tomorrow evening if they show up.

This will be great because I took the car out for a spin today and it really needs to be opened up. Could have them installed on Sunday if all goes well.

Harold said to let everyone know he is making the headers as quick as he can. He is also making some other types that will fit other cars as well.

heard he is making them in batches. so some may get lucky and get a set right away and others will have to wait till he tools up for them again.

I got a set from him in late 2003, they were $150 then COD. It took about a month and I spoke to Harold personally. Rich Ehrenberg from Mopar Action put me in touch with him. They fit great on the 318 I put in my 62 Valiant wagon, sounded good, and made decent power. I'd buy them again if I had an early A project.

Spitfires arrived!!!!!! Will post pics later. Harold came through. Great guy and was really nice talking with him. I would deal with him again in an Arkansas heartbeat.

An updated install thread will be on it's way. Too bad DJVcuda's pics are gone.

Joe maybe you can get him to post them again.

Cheers,
Dave

He shoots! He SCORES!!!!:cheers:

I've been following this cause a couple years ago a club member tried to get a set and finally gave up. I was a bit worried for you.
It appeares Spitfire has corrected what ever was going on back then.
Congrats.
Post those smoking tires pics I'm sure your going to take.:toothy10:

Spitfires arrived!!!!!! Will post pics later. Harold came through. Great guy and was really nice talking with him. I would deal with him again in an Arkansas heartbeat.

An updated install thread will be on it's way. Too bad DJVcuda's pics are gone.

Joe maybe you can get him to post them again.

Cheers,
Dave

Those pics are on the internet archive.

For those who don't know about the Archive.

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Searched for
www dot forabodiesonly dot com/mopar/forumdisplay.php?f=73

I used the Aug 08 2007 for the pictures.

Search Results for Jan 01, 1996 - Feb 29, 2008
1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008
0 pages 0 pages 0 pages 0 pages 0 pages 0 pages 0 pages 0 pages 0 pages 0 pages 1 pages 3 pages 0 pages
Mar 23, 2006 *
Jul 02, 2007 *
Aug 08, 2007 *
Oct 23, 2007 *

DSCN4573.JPG

DSCN4575.JPG

That's too much work. I couldn't get the archive to work that well. Cool you found it.

Here's the way they look OTB

spitfireheaders002.jpg

Hope to have them on Sunday and at the muffler shop on Monday morning. :) Gotta scuff them and paint them with some 2000* VHT ceramic paint. We'll see how long it stays on.

:angry7: Yeah its a big pain in the behind. But if, "Me the "moron" can figure it, why hasn't somebody else bothered?

I added some of the photos to the original stickied thread and got no reply
about them at all.
:(

Well heres the 360, all tunnel rammed up and no where to go... those manifolds are my weak link.....

DSCN4544.JPG

In the car!

DSCN4582.JPG

That's too much work. I couldn't get the archive to work that well. Cool you found it.

spitfireheaders002.jpg

Hope to have them on Sunday and at the muffler shop on Monday morning. :) Gotta scuff them and paint them with some 2000* VHT ceramic paint. We'll see how long it stays on.

spitfireheaders002.jpg

either bake them really good or wait the 7 days i think it says on the can, i painted mine with the vht and didnt have the patience and the paint lasted for about 15 mins. but the headers are awsome, worth the wait!

I suggest you plan to use HEX HEAD header bolts if you are going to install the Spitfires.
I currently have the Allen wrench type header bolts, and I had to cut off an Allen wrech to get it small enough to work.

Looks like Harold is doing a great job on those Spitfires. They are as nicely welded and finished as any on the market. I also don't hear many complaints
on how they fit. The price is right. Order them C.o.d. and order them early.
toolmanmike

i dont have or need a pair of these, but i watch this topic because i remember the days when there were hardly any choices on these cars other then fender wells,,,i thought i seen pics of other spit fires that looked a little different in the area where the 2 sets of tubes come together as one unit,,

That's what I have noticed also. There have been changes and improvements
since I first saw them on this site. By the way, Is that a 273 underneath the blower in your Barracuda???????????????? Mike

mike,, no 273 here any more,,like ELVIS it left the building

340 X block,,7.76 compression ,6% under driven,,13 pounds of boost,custom ground ultradyne solid cam, 273 adjustable rockers and shafts. 2 holly 650,s flowing 862 cfm each,, mopar 4 speed box from a 1965 formula S 3;09 first gear 4;56 rear gears 33x22 hoosiers,, 4 MPG cruise nite car,,

thanks for asking

The mileage sucks but the performance makes up for it!! LOL
Glad to see the 273 adjustable rockers. Another HP part of the
original LA . Great Car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike

Headers are IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was a total piece of cake. These things go in so easy it's not even funny. There are some little querks. And they are different than the one in the old pictures.

I bought ARP hex head bolts. One on each side had to be trimmed slightly so the headers would slid on. This would not be a problem with plain flat hex header bolts.

Look for the install thread.

Thanks, I wondered where you went. LOL MIke

Headers are IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was a total piece of cake. These things go in so easy it's not even funny. There are some little querks. And they are different than the one in the old pictures.

I bought ARP hex head bolts. One on each side had to be trimmed slightly so the headers would slid on. This would not be a problem with plain flat hex header bolts.

Glad they worked out for you. Are you going to be at Fall Fling?

Still waiting for mine to arrive. Left the heads off until I get the headers because I am sure that they will be easier to drop in. Now that yours are in, would you have room for a very short oil filter or is it absolutely necessary to run the 90* adapter? Did you have to remove the column? Any install pics?

Still waiting for mine to arrive. Left the heads off until I get the headers because I am sure that they will be easier to drop in. Now that yours are in, would you have room for a very short oil filter or is it absolutely necessary to run the 90* adapter? Did you have to remove the column? Any install pics?

Check out the install thread. You need the 90* adapter for sure. No way around it unless you go remote.

Glad they worked out for you. Are you going to be at Fall Fling?

God willing I will be at the Fall Fling with Ruby. I hope to have her running good and finish some other details before the show. Guess I have about a month to get her all spiffed.

Still no headers. Ordered back in July. Harold won't pick up the phone or answer my voicemails. Anyone else have this problem.

Still no headers. Ordered back in July. Harold won't pick up the phone or answer my voicemails. Anyone else have this problem.
I sent him a certified letter telling him that I would be going to the DA as well as the better business bureau. He called and said that he was going to ship yesterday and would call to verify. No call. Paperwork to the authorities goes out Monday. Hope that you were smarter than me and didn't send any money.

So if you can't get your parts on your timeline, you will sue the guy to make sure none of the rest of us will ever get any in the future?!? This guy is an enthusiast who makes these parts as he has time, not some big faceless corporation. If you ordered COD you aren't out anything, and if you have prepaid you will just get your money back.

So if you can't get your parts on your timeline, you will sue the guy to make sure none of the rest of us will ever get any in the future?!? This guy is an enthusiast who makes these parts as he has time, not some big faceless corporation. If you ordered COD you aren't out anything, and if you have prepaid you will just get your money back.
Actually, if I can't get the parts that I have paid for 3 months after I was promised them and have had numerous empty promises from the seller, that's right: It is time to get the right people involved.

-
Back