Srt-68 Barracuda

-
Well I am sorry to hear about your near-death experience and it certainly explains why we havent heard from you for a while!
You are a good, no, great! person/father for doing what you did for your son.
I tip my hat to you. I hope if I am ever placed in your position I will be able to do the same.

The car is looking good, despite the issues you've had with suppliers.
Its funny, if they knew of your previous Dart build and the publicity its gotten thus far, I would expect them to take more of an interest in your current Barracuda build.
Still, it looks like you're having fun^^ with it just the same!:D
Looking forward to more car **** as you are able to move along further with the project!

Here's your last look at this mess.

The dismantling will begin, and all this can sit on the floor for a bit.

Need to fabricate the exhaust, and then into the booth for some squirt.

b4 dismantle 001 (Small).jpg

b4 dismantle 002 (Small).jpg

Looks broke....whats with all the smoke coming from the rear end?

Break in lube?

Nice........very nice.

Carlisle is the goal--once again--maybe I'll get used to it.

Caveat on the burnout video: For those of you that thought that it was pussilamious I offer this;

#1 Like I said, not everything is bolted on--don't wanna break things just yet.

#2 This is the first time it has "really" moved.

#3 on the 2nd hit, I decided to put it on the mat, and within a millisecond it hit the rev limiter, and then......within another millisecond(if you watch the video again) I slap-sticked 2nd gear and backed of to 1/4 throttle. Good 'nuff for me now.

When I hit the 5.7 Dart, it was mechanically fully assembled and ready for this sweet-*** burn. Not the case here, but don't be dissapointed. It should only get better from here.

This was cool for it's smoothness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut8v8NP_Pz4

I am glad to see that you are up and going and back on your project. Most everyone here kept wondering but now is were we know that you will get creative. Keep up the good work and as 5.7 says keep the **** coming. By the way our prayers were out for you. God Bless Brother.

Hey MOMOPARMAN,

MY BADDD!!!!

That was supposed to be addressed to 5.7 Dart. Well wishes and all. I'm sure that post makes much more sense, no?? I have no idea why your name was there!! (Beer anyone??)

Had some beer myself today........no bad wishes....I was a confusedcuda for a few......go Chiefs..

Holy Crap!!! Glad to hear you and your son are doing okay now. That must have been scary as heck for him, having you nearly die because you saved him must have been a tremendous burden on his mind.

Things aren't real tidy under here, so for now just stare at the exhaust.

Beautiful work. 2.5", crossover pipe, 50 series Flowmasters, hidden tips. As with the Dart, there are no clamps.

new exhaust 001 (Small).jpg

new exhaust 002 (Small).jpg

new exhaust 003 (Small).jpg

new exhaust 004 (Small).jpg

Glad to hear your doing well and back on the car. The exhaust looks great, how much did that set you back?

Alright man!! Flip that pig and get busy!!!!!

i think i like the flow master 50 sound,,,you have there,,are they longer then series 40 ??

ok so must be a 3 chamber,,,less interior drone ??? thanks for the deminsions,,,

The entire system was done by Robert Fenter. 540-288-2232. Tell him I sent ya.

He only does custom exhaust set-ups--nothing else--and he's damn good at it.

The entire system was done by Robert Fenter. 540-288-2232. Tell him I sent ya.

He only does custom exhaust set-ups--nothing else--and he's damn good at it.

Thanx, a lil far for me, but they look just like the tails that were on my Valiant when I got it 20 years ago.

I've been trying to get someone to run the exhaust like that, and no one wants to.

wow awesome and sooooooo cool i love everything your doing to the fish! I appreciate all the hard work your putting into this project

I have finished this thread from page one i am now ready for bed. What a fantastic voyage I look forward to the completion. :salute:

-
Back