Srt-68 Barracuda

-
Dude. I would kill for 20 inches. I LOVE sleddin'. I have since my dad had me tucked into the coat for rides.Then i graduated to the gastank, and i now have my own. I'm pretty much obsessed with anything that has a motor. Dirt bikes, cars, sleds, boats. You name it, chances are i probably have it or have ridden one. Nothing like horsepower to make a man happy.

5.7 this ride is looking awesome. I wish my dad had the time and the pacience to do what you do. You're awesome.

When it gets to be over a foot of snow, its almost to much to sled haha. We have plenty of hills around here but ive been out maybe 4 times snowboarding. Its A LOT of snow for us.

Just curious, could you have stripped all the ECU stuff off and just install and run the 6.1 with out it?

Understanding the "where's the challenge in that" aspect.

yes you could,if you went to a carb,and distributor conversion,,,or an after market ignition computer,,,

Chrysler would call this a Hydro Control Module.

Radiator (OEM with necks moved to accommodate the 6.1 ports), 2200 CFM fan, and custom aluminum shroud. De-Blinged to hide the mods.

radiator done 001 (Small).jpg

radiator done 002 (Small).jpg

Perusing this thread for the first time; fantastic work and you are a brave man for taking this on an for saving your son's life.

I am a big fan of your dart and it seems you are even out-doing yourself with the build of this barracuda.

Best of luck to you,
Tyson

Just glanced through this thread in about an hour and a half or so, DAMN!! Lookin good man!! Can't wait to get to work on my 67. I'll be going a slightly different direction with mine but I'm sure I'll be using this thread for certain references. ;)

Looking good. Hopefully Ill get to see this at MIR this year and hopefully you get to see our other duster this year if you go.

Look what followed me home Saturday. I think I'll keep her.

35,000 miles-everything is original except the tires.

Light group, security package, front disc brakes, locking rear. Rear defrost and Swinger option. Slant 225.

I promise I'll clean up after her and keep her fed....

new dart 4 (Small).jpg

new dart (Small).jpg

new dart 3 (Small).jpg

new dart 2 (Small).jpg

No build plans just yet.... My kids are fighting over who gets to use it as a daily...

However, if someone out there is looking for me to do something with this thing you can let me know. It's definitely worthy of some big bucks fun.

In the meantime, I've got a RootBeeraCuda to finish.

No build plans just yet.... My kids are fighting over who gets to use it as a daily...

However, if someone out there is looking for me to do something with this thing you can let me know. It's definitely worthy of some big bucks fun.

In the meantime, I've got a RootBeeraCuda to finish.

Leave the exterior/interior as is and throw a 408 stroker in it. Looks stock but hauls. I like sleepers.

Diesel, if anything.

Already done the 5.7 Hemi, obviously in the process of doing the 6.1 Hemi, so what's left from Chrysler?

Turbo Diesel.

I was thinking SRT-4, take off as much weight as you can update the susp. etc., but hey it's your car I look forward to seeing whatever you do to it.

I see that you figured out the speed sensor/ABS issue on the trans, but another option that may be readily available is a newer truck Dana 60 rear. They have the tone sensor on the ring gear. Just cut the truck ends off and have car ends installed at the correct A-Body width, and A-Body axles.

Great build by the way, just read the whole thing. I love both the cars you did and look forward to reading the next one.

momoparman... love the harassment, I couldn't have done it better myself. I hate when people start taking it personally and get tough with their keyboards... they don't realize its all in good fun.

You are a very sick man.......I hope you never recover.

I have to go back to craig's list now and look for another project myself....hack cough hack.....=P~

Mop

-
Back