Srt-68 Barracuda

-
3 ideas:
2.0 DOHC from Plymouth Laser, with big turbo and lots of boost.
SRT-4 from Neon, same as above
Turbo the slant /6. Fuel injection, boost, and keep the stock /6 theme....

I vote #3 but the others are cool too.
A cummins in an A body....what a challenge. Talk about nose heavy!

Diesel, if anything.

Already done the 5.7 Hemi, obviously in the process of doing the 6.1 Hemi, so what's left from Chrysler?

Turbo Diesel.

I'm with you on that idea don't take a whole lot to make in excess of 500 HP and 1000 TQ at the rear wheels with a 24V ISB. Note daily driver in my signature. Fitting it in would be fun have to move the firewall a few feet back probably for starters. A straight front axle out of an old Dodge van could address the weight up front. Would definitely be unique.

thats a big fish. gorgeous car and cant wait till my 67 convertible looks like that. im getting the motor rebuilt right now.

Engine detailing is done. Crinkle on the valve covers came out sweet.

It wants to go home.

engine detail done 001 (Small).jpg

engine detail done 002 (Small).jpg

engine detail done 003 (Small).jpg

I have been reading your post on the Barracuda. You have accomplished so much, awesome car. I am about to the point of fabing the sensor ring. I haven't done the math yet and was thinking about putting the ring on the pinion, which obivously won't work. I have some questions if you would be so kind to help answer.
1. What is your engine and NAG1 out of? The sensors look different than mine. (mine is out of an 06 Chrysler SRT)
2. Did your doner vehicle have front wheel sensors also?
3. What did you do with the ABS unit and the 50 conductor plug.
I have installed the 6.1 in a 33 Plymouth coupe with the NAG1.
You need to sell the ring as it will be marketable, who said it can't be done?
Thanks for your post and all of you that have responded! Good work!
:cheers:

WOW!!!!! All 33 pages in one sitting! Amazing work! Do you have a thread like this for your dart? Awesome!!!!

DANG!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous. You are my hero....I was thinking when I saw your post last week you'd be painting maybe by Monday, I thought maybe by mid-week we'd get to see something. You never cease to amaze me...Pretty early on the left coast, but for some reason I need to head to the closest "Stop-n-Rob", 'cause all of a sudden I'm in the mood for some root-beer....Dang!!!

Beer-y nice job man. I love it. This is today's inspiration for me to finish up some of the sanding I need to get done on mine.

Once again. Wow. Can't wait to the see the sunny pictures.

Did you do the 8-12 coats of clear again?

Looks sharp, I especially like the stripes, it adds a nice contrast..

maybe you should start having people pay you to do their cars. you do very high quality work.

PAINT!!!! Now if only ours could get some haha. it looks great. Cant wait to see it. Should it be ready for Carlisle you think?

See, now I'm thinking Root Beer brown for my 66. Looks good! Keep the photos coming.:cheers:

Carlisle is definitely the goal--but I just got another wrench thrown into the gears. I have to have a knee REPLACED in 2 weeks. Recovery is evidently no fun and takes a while. I'll do what I can the next 2 weeks, and go from there.

I didn't need this on my menu. But I can hardly walk or sleep. Sick of it...

The guys joke about my "pimp-walk". It's more of a "Gimp-Walk". Yo.

-
Back