Srt-68 Barracuda

-
Received a new (different ) transmission from the folks who sent me the original set-up. Below is a pic of what I found after dropping the pan. Bolt stuck to magnet.View attachment 101316

Cripes.

I'll let them know Monday of this--don't know if it means anything, as all the bolts for the valve body are Torx. Maybe a clown?.......

Meanwhile . I'm gonna rebuild the diff as there is 1/4 of a tooth missing on the ring gear--might as well get that out of the way. Gonna run 3.73:1.

Hurry up and wait.

trans bolt 002 (Small).jpg

Hey there 5.7. Im guessing this wont make it to M.I.R. the 31st for the mopar eastern classics. Still I hope to see ya there.

Received a new (different ) transmission from the folks who sent me the original set-up. Below is a pic of what I found after dropping the pan. Bolt stuck to magnet.View attachment 101316

Cripes.

I'll let them know Monday of this--don't know if it means anything, as all the bolts for the valve body are Torx. Maybe a clown?.......

Meanwhile . I'm gonna rebuild the diff as there is 1/4 of a tooth missing on the ring gear--might as well get that out of the way. Gonna run 3.73:1.

Hurry up and wait.

that bolt may of been there since it was built for the car orignally,,he is still looking for that dam bolt,,

well i cannot wait for some more progress. this car will be awesome. hopefully the differential and tranny issues will all be resolved without too much trouble. good luck man

I'm guessing your using a 545rfe out of a rwd 1500 Ram. Do you know if the 4.7L tranny's are the same? I've read they use 45re tranny's but they are the same except for the computer programming. If used with the 5.7L computer it'll work as a 545rfe.

Riddler

TTT...I totally understand projects stalling, and if this plead is the one to get this project going again...cool. You have to understand that you are our hero, and there are a bunch of us trying to deceide if we want to take the plunge 5.7/6.1 wise. Reading the current posts doing these swaps if you are going for much more then what the doner drive-train has to offer, you better be smarter then the average bear....

Up front--I apologize for the lack of rootbeeracuda ****. I have had a somewhat hectic year. My goal was to have this piece finished by now....

#1 People generally suck--don't become one of them.

#2 If you say you can do something for someone, then do it. Don't dick people around with empty promises. Send them what you promised, or shut up and watch TV.

#3 If I ask for part # 55200, don't send me 55223. Grow a brain.

Friends (FABO) and family joke that this car shouldn't be built. Hasn't been done--do something else. Sorry, I'm just as bullheaded as yer wife says you are, and I WILL do this.

Chip Foose gave up on this--and so has everyone else. Read the last ten issues of all the major car mags and you will see, or have noticed that they all gave up as well. Sure, they stuff crate 6.1 in Demons and Cudas, but run manuals or GM trannies behind them. Freshman year stuff.

#1 reason for the delay in getting this thing down the pike has been suppliers--they can't get anything right. You would think the world was out to get me--but the're not-- they don't know me, or little else for that matter. Just bad luck, I guess. We joke around here when a new or different part shows up--don't even open the box--send it back, it must be wrong. This is only my second build, but I will garner this--if this is how it goes there would only be 4 cars in the world--so, again, just bad luck.

Ya live, ya learn, and I have a list of asshole suppliers that hopefully will be out of business soon--go back to selling shoes.

#2 reason for the delay: My 19 year old son was suffering from kidney failure. I gave him one of mine. He's perfect now, and a new man.

They screwed me up. Sent me home with a lacerated spleen (whoops!), which caused me to internally bleed to death over the next couple of days.

A couple of flatlines, total blood transfusion, and comatose-for-a-while later, I have recovered. The Surgeon who saved my life did not expect me to live--but I did. Sweet.

I finished rebuilding the diff yesterday, and hope to jam it in the next couple of days. I think I have the ABS/tranny issue licked, but won't know until then. Hopefully a big ole smokey burnout will follow.........

sorry to hear about the near death experience glad everything is cool now and your back to you build

I will be the first say you are a Real Man sir!!! I have the utmost respect for the sacrifice you made for your son. I am happy to hear you both are doing well and lived another day to piss in the eye of those shitty people dicking you around. Rootbeercuda forever!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about all this. You plan on making it down to MIR for the Mopar Eastern Classics. Been rescheduled twice now. Its on the 21st of Nov. Was hoping on seeing this down there at about this time. Theres always next year and maybe we will have our other duster out by then also.

What a father will do for his children has no boundries, glad to hear all is well now.

pfft you let minor crap like almost dying stop you? Ya wuss. ;)

You sir are the true definition of what it means to be a real man. I tip my hat to you sir :thumbup::thumbup:

Ok is the soap opera over?

I missed ya.

Don't feel bad about life....it slaps you every now and again when you take it for granted. It does that to everyone so don't take it personally.

You think you got problems? I have no work, nothing to bid, sick kids and my cuda is down again....bad MSD ignition this time.....that and I have to swap transmissions again....I did get almost 500 miles on it before the shiz hit the fan.

I hope you get your shizzle together on that fish soon. And I hope you and your family stay healthy...R.

Mop

100_2625w.jpg

5.7 Dart,

My hat's off to you.

Glad to hear that your son is back to good health. Sorry to hear about the medical wizards screw up. However I hope to hear your back to good health. As for the rest....It's really just small stuff, isn't it?

Enjoy life.....Enjoy your project....Enjoy life......Family....etc.

"Clink" Here's one to you sir.

Glad to hear you´re okay now. I would do anything for my sons too.

With your skill I´m sure of that you´ll have the Cuda out on the streets soon.

Whaaaaat? Did you want something D273C?

For those who have no clue, my relationship with SRT68 is based on cruelty not compassion. It works for us....just ask him.

The mere fact that I take the time to dis him shows how much I really care.

Please.....don't try to understand my comments or perceive them to be anything but from the heart......at least the part where I comment on him and his family staying healthy.

Sometimes a kick in the balls is what it takes to get a smile out of someone.

Mop

:notworth::notworth::notworth: I need one of those for my convertible. You have to give us all the details on how you made this work once you are done.

-
Back