SRT8 Hellcat

-
Canadian MSRP starting at $67, and change. Not many options available, upgraded tires, seats, GPS. and a few others.

There's at least a couple dealerships that I know of that are taking orders that said they will be selling them at MSRP, no dealer add on. So I think if one is willing to do a little work they should be able to score one for a bit over 60K. The order list at some of these dealerships are getting longer so there might be a bit of a wait time, but you should be able to get your car with out excess dealer markup. Order banks open August 8 from what I understand.

Fellas I really doubt anyone is going to be selling these for msrp. They may have told you that now to get you interested but don't believe that. Maybe it's just a cincinnati thing but I have never seen a high dollar car go for msrp.

Fellas I really doubt anyone is going to be selling these for msrp. They may have told you that now to get you interested but don't believe that. Maybe it's just a cincinnati thing but I have never seen a high dollar car go for msrp.

While I completly understand where you are coming from on this and most dealerships probably will go for the big score, I'm pretty confident there are a couple big names in the modern mopar game that will come through at MSRP. I've spent a good bit of time on the modern mopar forums the last five or so years as I've bought a couple modern Challengers and there are a few dealerships that came through when the Challenger made it's come back. A lot of dealerships (probably most) were going for extra markup on those first year SRT's and even RT's the next year. But a couple of guys held the line and came through for their customers. Some of these same guys are claiming they will do the same again this time around. Only time will tell of course.

Pretty cool, straight line fast but I'd prefer an AMG for that price...

Never liked the stylings of the new challengers anyway.

My local small town dealer told me he had 3 sold for $62k each when he gets them. I don't think he's marking them up over sticker.
Dallas

Dave Smith motors in Kellogg, ID traditionally sells everything UNDER MSRP. They know you don't make money selling a few high dollar cars for a markup but thousands and thousands of trucks and minivans for a little markup. That made them the largest Dodge dealer on the planet yet in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. Also being the largest dealer they should get the most Hellcats. Fly in to Spokane and drive one home, or buy one and I'd be happy to drive it to you!

Then again Dave Smith has a big loyalty base so all the other SRT previous buyers, and they have a bunch, probably get first dibs.

Leno goes over the car, Pretty good overview

That was a decent review. First I had heard about the valet option where it would limit the horsepower to 300 horses in case you were having the car parked and wanted to make sure you had some tread left on your tires when you picked it up. I had heard about the black/red key option that would limit it "just" to 500 hp for your wife, but this was new.

My local small town dealer told me he had 3 sold for $62k each when he gets them. I don't think he's marking them up over sticker.Dallas
Does anyone have confirmation from their dealer if they are being allotted a car on the first run? From what I understand, first run will be 336 units with a total of 1200 cars for the 2015 model year. Anyone hear anything different??

Why yes I am!!

Do any of you know what kind of profit evreyone makes when they sell a car at MSRP? they could knock 1000`s off and still make a frofit! a person would be crazy or have deep pockets and want something awful bad to pay even msrp. I have never paid msrp on any new car I`ve
ever bought, which totals six!!! of course now that I`ve retired, I don`t have the $$ to buy a new anymore!--just fyi----bob

Do any of you know what kind of profit evreyone makes when they sell a car at MSRP? they could knock 1000`s off and still make a frofit! a person would be crazy or have deep pockets and want something awful bad to pay even msrp. I have never paid msrp on any new car I`veever bought, which totals six!!! of course now that I`ve retired, I don`t have the $$ to buy a new anymore!--just fyi----bob

Thats easy. Go online and find the dealer invoice. Usually, I pay $100.00 over dealer invoice. I have never paid MSRP (until the Hellcat which I got at MSRP). Dealerships get a rebate at the end of the year, the percentage is based on volume. More units sold equals a larger rebate.

Limiting production is just marketing tactic. They've been in this business over 100 years. They expect a number of well kept, low mileage, trade ins that is relative to the number of sales. Availability tactics increase the sale price and decreases the number of trade ins. The dealer can show more money for those trade ins on paper than they can recoup at wholesale auction. They never loose. The consumer who has to have the latest and greatest always looses.
Only question is... What's next ? Will never needs washing paint be enough ? LOL

Limiting production is just marketing tactic. They've been in this business over 100 years. They expect a number of well kept, low mileage, trade ins that is relative to the number of sales. Availability tactics increase the sale price and decreases the number of trade ins. The dealer can show more money for those trade ins on paper than they can recoup at wholesale auction. They never loose. The consumer who has to have the latest and greatest always looses. Only question is... What's next ? Will never needs washing paint be enough ? LOL
I guess I agree with that to a certain extent. I like cars! Would I pay 10K market adjustment? Absolutely not a chance! 5K? Nope. .01 cent. Nope. Will I pay MSRP for one of the first 336 Hellcats built? Absolutely. Two years from now, maybe next year, you will be able to go and order one up and they'll build it. As far as "latest greatest always looses", The second you drive any vehicle off the lot, you lose. Not just the "latest greatest"!

Lucky dog. I had to put the Hellcat on the back burner. I did get exhaust put on my SRT8 yesterday. Sounds great.

My brother told me one of the top guys at Chrystler said the 1200 limit is a bunch of bullarky. Idk where he found that...

Do any of you know what kind of profit evreyone makes when they sell a car at MSRP? they could knock 1000`s off and still make a frofit! a person would be crazy or have deep pockets and want something awful bad to pay even msrp. I have never paid msrp on any new car I`ve
ever bought, which totals six!!! of course now that I`ve retired, I don`t have the $$ to buy a new anymore!--just fyi----bob

I don't understand why you are beating him up over his decision. He obviously did his research and made a deal he is happy with. If you want a Hellcat Challenger MSRP is as good a deal you will get at this time. Maybe they will sell for a little less down the road....maybe not.
In the meantime pyrojim wil be burning rubber and grinning from ear to ear. :burnout: :burnout:
Dallas

Limiting production is just marketing tactic. They've been in this business over 100 years. They expect a number of well kept, low mileage, trade ins that is relative to the number of sales. Availability tactics increase the sale price and decreases the number of trade ins. The dealer can show more money for those trade ins on paper than they can recoup at wholesale auction. They never loose. The consumer who has to have the latest and greatest always looses.
Only question is... What's next ? Will never needs washing paint be enough ? LOL

What's next?? Paint that doesn't need washing is being developed now, no idea when it goes into production.
Historically there has always been something bigger, badder, faster if you wait long enough. Sometimes you can even get a better deal if you wait long enough.
You just have to make a decision based on what you want, what is available, and what you are willing (and able) to pay.
Dallas

LOL! I ordered the silver with the flat black top, summer tires and an automatic with the sunroof and nav system . Pretty much, check EVERY box available. And the real facts are, no one knows what the production numbers are. Sure, they say no limit in production, but then they say, lets see what the market will bear??? And, if there is no limit in production, why can't anyone who wants one, get one??? People speak out of both sides of their face (Chrysler). Personally, for that car, first production run I think it's worth every penny of the $67K it's costing me.

-
Back