SRT8CUDA Build

-
Some photos of the bracket that I've fabricated to connect the end of the slave to the X member. Basically a piece of tubing welded to a flat plate and bolted to the X member. A through bolt secures the rod end to the tubing.
Kind of a tight fit in there and I angled the tubing so that the slave would pull straight on.

Attachments

• IMG_1574.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,653
  • IMG_1575.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,625
  • IMG_1576.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,605
Fabricated a couple of brackets to place a heatshield between the headers and the slave. If you don't do this, you will probably lose your clutch operation due to overheated fluid - plus it protects the seals in the slave.

Attachments

• IMG_1557.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,599
  • IMG_1584.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,586
  • IMG_1586.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,623
Another screwup. I planned to mount the regulator inside the frame rail over the rear axle - but forgot the tailpipe runs right by there!!!
I'll have to modify the lines and relocate the regulator.

Attachments

• IMG_1629.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,536
  • IMG_1617.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,562
I mistakenly thought that the TTI exhaust system was custom made to fit the configuration that I ordered for the Cuda. Not so.
The H pipes are too long and need to be shortened. Seems like they may be longer so they fit the longer Dart wheelbase?
The tailpipes are also too long for the TTI tips that I ordered. They will have to be shortened by 4".
So far, nearly every part I've installed has to be modified in some way. I'm learning the hard way that nothing is "bolt-on". :banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_1626.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,573
  • IMG_1631.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,506
So far, nearly every part I've installed has to be modified in some way. I'm learning the hard way that nothing is "bolt-on".

Jim, that is exactly the same thing I tell everyone. Great progress by the way.

Dave

Even had to cut 1.5" off the H Pipe cross connection before it would go together!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1640.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,501
Is there any clearance for the heat shield.This looks like it could be an annoying rattle

this is Very Nice Build!

Is there any clearance for the heat shield.This looks like it could be an annoying rattle

this is Very Nice Build!

Yes, there is clearance to the header and slave cylinder. Plus the heat shield is flexible, so there should be no rattle.

Finally got the exhaust system aligned like I wanted it. Needed lots of cutting and some bending to get it to fit. After:
- cutting 4" off the tailpipes, the tips fit OK
-cutting 1.5" off the H pipe crossover, the exhaust pipes fit together
-cutting 4" off the H pipe ends, so the mufflers would fit
-slotting the tailpipe hanger to raise the tailpipe
-bending the H pipe upwards (it was hanging too low at the rear) to allow the mufflers to fit and finally
-heating and bending the passenger side tailpipe hanger bracket (it was welded on crooked)
Other than that- it fit fine!!!
:banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_1659.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,382
  • IMG_1647.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,334
Im betting you bought an A-body kit and it had extra length to cover all A-bodies from your 108" WB to 111" Dart WB.

Im betting you bought an A-body kit and it had extra length to cover all A-bodies from your 108" WB to 111" Dart WB.

That's what we thought must have happened, but when we went back and checked all the part numbers - including what was stamped on the parts - they were all specifically for the 67-69 A body Barracuda. There is a different p/n for 67-76 A Bodies.

Well then that says alot. Im not a huge fan of TTI after my recent transaction with them. It is what it is, you have an absolutely gorgeous car and also one that is unique in many ways. Dont let it get to you and trudge on because that thing is gonna be a riot when its done.

Well then that says alot. Im not a huge fan of TTI after my recent transaction with them. It is what it is, you have an absolutely gorgeous car and also one that is unique in many ways. Dont let it get to you and trudge on because that thing is gonna be a riot when its done.

Thanks- I don't intend to let anything get in my way!!!

Attachments

• never give up.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,305
Started final assembly of the Moser housing and axle assembly. Installed the inner axle seals and then found that the stop collar on the axle hit the seals.

Quickly checked with Bill Reilly at RMS and he got back to me right away and said these inner seals are not used with these non adjustable tapered style Ford bearings. Even though Moser included them with the assembly - they are not used and you just toss them!!! Would have been really nice if they told you that rather than raising my blood pressure!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1664.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,274
  • IMG_1666.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,264
WOW your car is looking great, Hope I get the chance to see it live at a show some time , I am near Kitchener Ont

Thanks. For sure it will be at Moparfest when finished- just not sure it will be this year! I'm north of you near Kincardine
Jim

Finished restoration of the steering column on the weekend. Glass bead blasted everything and painted using SEM Trim Black and installed new turn signal switch and cleaned and greased upper and lower bearings.

Attachments

• IMG_1671.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,222
  • IMG_1670.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,176
  • IMG_1669.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 1,232
  • IMG_7704.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,221
Wow great work. Want to mentor me on restoring my column?

Keep up the great work.

Riddler

Glad to help anytime. A '69 column with no shifter mechanism is a pretty simple piece. PM me if you want any info.
Jim

Cut away part of the front timing/accessory cover to allow the lower rad hose to fit without touching the cover.

Attachments

• IMG_1690.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,166
  • IMG_1694.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,165
  • IMG_1697.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,180
-
Back