SRT8CUDA Build

-
Got the Cuda set up on display in the arena at Moparfest for this weekemd in New Hamburg Ontario.

IMG_2672.JPG

IMG_2671.JPG

Stunning Cuda Convertible !! One of the most"over the top " creations I've ever seen.
Attention to even the most minor details is absolutely mindblowing!!

Stunning Cuda Convertible !! One of the most"over the top " creations I've ever seen.
Attention to even the most minor details is absolutely mindblowing!!

I was there on the weekend, it looks even better in person. Nice to talk to you Jim.

Dave

I was there on the weekend, it looks even better in person. Nice to talk to you Jim.

Dave
Thanks Dave and AAndrews. It was great to finally meet some of the folks from this forum at Moparfest. Several other people stopped by and said they were looking at doing a similar transplant. Some didn't know about FABO, so I recommended they join because of the great help that is available here.
Jim

Hemmings Muscle Machines Magazine.
The article on the SRT8CUDA is in the Oct edition of the magazine. A couple of people have received their copies so it should be on the newsstands fairly soon.

Jim,

It was great meeting you. Thanks for letting me take a look at the car. I've got a bunch of cardboard ready to build an intake box... thanks for showing me it.

Riddler

Exhaust Modifications:
The TTI full 2.5" exhaust is a great system, however the smallish (14" long) Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers p/n 17733 don't do much muffling and there is also an annoying drone when highway cruising. I was pretty sure my wife would not survive the Route 66 trip to California next month!!! After some research, I decided to install a set of resonators. I picked Flowmaster p/n 15150S. It is a full 2.5" straight through design (ie no restriction) with a sealed resonator tube along side the main pipe. The drivers side is an easy fit, but the passenger side tailpipe fits very close to the gas tank and requires some rework of the tailpipe.
Just got the car back from the shop and there is an absolutely amazing sound difference. It is significantly quieter at all speeds. The drone is completely gone. If anyone has a similar drone problem, these resonators are highly recommended.
Jim

IMG_4704_1280x719.JPG

IMG_4705_1280x719.JPG

IMG_4706_1280x719.JPG

IMG_4711_1280x719.JPG

IMG_4712_1280x719.JPG

IMG_4713_1280x719.JPG

IMG_4714_1280x719.JPG

Jim,

It was great meeting you. Thanks for letting me take a look at the car. I've got a bunch of cardboard ready to build an intake box... thanks for showing me it.

Riddler
I also started with a cardboard template, then I made one out of thin aluminum and after I was happy with the fit, I gave the aluminum model to a guy to make me one out of steel. That way I knew it would fit OK. I put some round holes on the bottom so I could get a ground connection on the frame rail for my relays and also to drain any water that entered the box from the front. My relays and fuse panel (and auto-reset circuit breakers for my headlights)are inside the air box as well (last photo)
Jim
IMG_2900_1280x719.JPG

IMG_2898_1280x719.JPG

IMG_2895_1280x719.JPG

IMG_3824_1280x719.JPG

IMG_3828_1280x719.JPG

Need some help
My speedo is reading high and I need a different speedo pinion. Looking for a 39 tooth long shaft (Dark Green) pinion. p/n 2538608/52068061. Could not find one when googling. Anyone have a lead? Used is OK.
Thx
Jim

If all else fails, classic industries has them new.

More defective parts!!!
1. I got a "new" 39 tooth speedo gear from Classic Industries, but found the hole in the end of the shaft is not anywhere near deep enough to allow insertion of the speedo cable:(:(:(. The hole was only 0.550" deep vs 1.030" on real Mopar speedo gears. GGRRRRRR

2. I also bought a "new OEM" speedo gear housing because mine was worn inside. I could not install it in my tranny!!!! After checking my original unit, I found the housing diameter was `0.006 larger on the new unit. Thankfully my local machinist was home to do a rush machining job. After skimming 0.006", it fit perfectly.
Unbelievable!!!!

IMG_2779 speedo gear_1400x1050.JPG

cj_speedo.jpg

Installed some temporary splash guards in preparation for our trip to California on Route 66. Hopefully this will limit paint/trim damage.

IMG_2791-1 (1)_1400x1050.JPG

IMG_2791-1 (3)_1400x1050.JPG

I also started with a cardboard template, then I made one out of thin aluminum and after I was happy with the fit, I gave the aluminum model to a guy to make me one out of steel. That way I knew it would fit OK. I put some round holes on the bottom so I could get a ground connection on the frame rail for my relays and also to drain any water that entered the box from the front. My relays and fuse panel (and auto-reset circuit breakers for my headlights)are inside the air box as well (last photo)
Jim
View attachment 1715086266

View attachment 1715086268

View attachment 1715086269

View attachment 1715086270

View attachment 1715086271

I'd love to have that aluminum box to use as a template. Heck what's it cost for your guy to make another?

Riddler

Started on Route 66 from Pontiac Il to California on my bucket list trip. Some parts of the road are in rough shape!! Really hot the last few days but the AC worked fine!!

IMG_2832.JPG

IMG_2834.JPG

IMG_2854.JPG

IMG_3950.JPG
I hope you enjoy the trip. I saw you were going to do this and meant to pm you to see when you might go through St Louis. Would love to see that car in person.
A couple weeks ago I spotted these two on Rt 66 while on my drive home from work.

View attachment 1715095118 I hope you enjoy the trip. I saw you were going to do this and meant to pm you to see when you might go through St Louis. Would love to see that car in person.
A couple weeks ago I spotted these two on Rt 66 while on my drive home from work.
Dang! We went through (actually went around!!) St Louis this AM.

Bummer. If you didn't make it down Chippewa/ Watson Road you missed some interesting old motels that are still there from when rt66 was active and Ted Drews frozen custard stand which has been in business since the start of rt66. When there are events like an evening cardinals baseball game or such they do not have a set close time. They will close when the crowd disappears and the place is packed.

This 70 Dart is on our tour. He used a 08 Chrysler 300 5.7 Hemi and incorporated the whole thing into this Dart. Shortened the frame and narrowed it on both sides to fit. Retained all electronics. Used Cadillac front struts. Absolutely amazing conversion and he did it all himself. I'm in awe.
It was in April 2015 Mopar Action.
Jim

IMG_2804.JPG

IMG_2797.JPG

IMG_2799.JPG

IMG_2806.JPG

Having some issues with the clutch. Getting more and more clutch pedal free play. Adjusted it OK, but not sure what is going on. Pretty sure the clutch is not wearing that fast. Heading to Joplin MO today. May decide to leave it there, rent a car and continue the trip and come back and then drive back home or turnaround and head home. Hate to leave it.

I would be afraid to leave it anywhere. I do have a cousin that is a big mopar guy that lives in Branson that may be able to lend a hand if needed.

-
Back